Wife of late former Oyo Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, Florence, on Sunday lambasted Governor Seyi Makinde, his deputy, Rauf Olaniyan, and the state government.
She spoke while receiving the government delegation led by the Olaniyan, at Ajimobi’s Oluyole residence.
She told the deputy governor: “I don’t have your number, I am the wife of a politician, I don’t pick numbers that I don’t know sir. You can send a message. Everybody is going to die. My husband is dead and he served this state for eight good years.”
She denied ever contacting either Makinde or anybody in his government for any kind of support during the illness of her husband.
Florence also denied the state government’s claims that the family sent a proxy to meet the governor during the burial arrangement.
The widow said it was time for everyone to reflect on their lives “because death is a necessary end. It will come when it will come. We don’t know who is next and we don’t know when our time will come”.
She said Christianity and Islam teach love and peace “and I am glad that the deputy governor of Oyo State is here, because I need to put some record straight. It is the first time I’m going to make any public announcement or statement since my husband actually died”.
Florence recalled that she opened the papers some days ago and saw the Oyo State Government “writing a lot of things”.
Noting that her husband took ill on the 22nd of May and was hospitalised, she read that Makinde claimed he called “but didn’t”.
She added that it was important to “put the record straight because this is a family of politicians and I don’t want anybody to tarnish my husband’s name, well my husband is gone. It could be me or anyone else tomorrow”.
Florence said life in itself is vanity upon vanity, adding that “either you are PDP or APC, the man is dead and he has been buried. But the governor didn’t call me. Even if he had called me and I didn’t pick his calls, he could have sent me a text message for record purposes”.
“And then today again, I read in the papers and saw how the Ajimobi’s family were lying about some things. Mr deputy, my husband never had anything against the governor or anyone else. We were in different parties but he was an elder statesman and he slept on the ground.”
The widow declared that Makinde never called nor sent her a condolence message.
Lamenting that her husband was hospitalised for one month, she quipped: “What politics are we playing, please? Life is short, I’m a Christian and my husband is a Muslim, we all should let the fear of God guide us in whatever we are doing. Ajimobi is gone today, whatever he does doesn’t matter to me.”
Florence stated that all that has happened doesn’t matter and that she will respect her husband’s wishes “and that was what I did today, laid him to rest peacefully. I don’t want any controversy. Everything I read in the papers, I just swallowed them all and let it go”.
“The press are here, we never had any rift with the governor, with the state government, I never dialogued with them, I never contacted them nor sent them a word because I didn’t know it was necessary for me to send official messages that my husband was hospitalised.”
She told those in the room that she never sent messages “to Governor Fayemi; I didn’t send to Governor Ganduje, I didn’t send to Lagos State Governor, I didn’t send messages to anybody because it was all over the social media and they knew that my husband was ill”.
Ajimobi’s wife said the least anybody can do “as a God-fearing person was at least to send me a word of encouragement at that time. And even after he died. Not even you Mr deputy governor called. If you had called me as you claimed and I didn’t pick, you could have at least send me a text message sir”.
“Are you saying he didn’t contribute anything to this state and you could not honour him for a second. The man is dead and I need to put the record straight. I don’t want anybody, any government to tarnish my husband’s image. He was a peace loving man. And he played his role and he’s gone.
“Nobody can be on the stage for so long. You come, play your roles and you leave. Somebody else comes. I pray for Governor Seyi Makinde to succeed because that is the only time I would say that my husband succeeded.”
As the atmosphere was getting tensed, Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, interjected and called for prayers for the repose of the soul of the late governor.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via WhatsApp: +2348034798719. Email: email@example.com.
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- LEAKED: Alleged Audio of Niger Delta Minister Godswill Akpabio offering ₦70Million for Bombing of Pipelines ( Listen)
- 7 policemen die in motor accident along Kaduna-Zaria road
- FG agreed To Pay Salaries Of Private School Teachers -Yomi Otubela
- Toyin Abraham reveals her husband fainted when their son was delivered
- BBN: Nina Ivy And Her Husband Celebrates Their Son, Denzel Kelechukwu (Photo)
- 10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers, Monday morning, July 13, 2020
- Mercy Aigbe, Others Congratulate Ini Edo Over Akwa-Ibom State Re-Appointment
- #Anambra: Man’s body found in a bush with his hands and legs tied (graphic photos)
- Ufuoma McDermott reacts to the claims that she flaunts her panties on her social media
- There Is A Plot To Cause Crisis In Iruland – Oniru Cries Out
- Mike Edwards And His Pregnant Wife, Perri Enjoys Vacation In Spain (Photos)
- NSCDC arrests 8 suspects, intercepts 3 motorcycles in Oyo [PHOTOS]
- Protests rock Ondo PDP secretariat over alleged manipulation of delegates’ list
- Yawa Burst! Toke Makinwa Gives A Savage Reply To A Doctor Who Disrespected Her On Twitter
- Nicola Peltz wears Victoria Beckham dress for engagement photos with Brooklyn
- Who is Jimmy’s Girlfriend Mia on ‘Yellowstone’? Meet Eden Brolin
- “I have your mate at home that I am taking care of” – Thelma slams woman who called her an “unfortunate celebrity”
- “Stop exposing your personal pregnancy life on social media” – Kemi Olunloyo reacts to the death of Nicole Thea
- ‘Chief Hunter’, Maigiwa Abducted in Borno
- BREAKING: UEFA Lifts Champions League Ban Against Manchester City
- Fear Allah, 550 Billion Recovered Loot Is 100% Domicile In CBN And It Doesn’t Generate Interest – Magu
- EPL: Brendan Rodgers explains why he substituted Iheanacho in Leicester 4-1 loss to Bournemouth
- Labour Minister, Ngige Padded NSITF Budget With N1.2 Billion, 5 SUVs, Installed Ex-Lover As New ED – Nelson
- Actress Wumi says people should not hurt offline and forms maturity online
- Amber Heard allegedly threw ‘haymaker’ at Johnny Depp after he lost $750M
- Champions League Ban: Man City’s £9m fine to be shared among Man Utd, Chelsea, others
- During my tenure, we tackle corruption, saved billions of dollars ― Okonjo-Iweala
- ‘Scooby-Doo’ Writer James Gunn Reveals Velma Was Originally “Explicitly Gay”
- Akpabio vs Nunieh: Fani-Kayode tells Presidency to investigate allegations
- LA teachers union wants more money by defunding the police, calls for medicare for all
- Megan Thee Stallion hangs with Jordyn Woods’ ex-BFF Kylie Jenner
- AU-ECOSOC lauds Ooni over move to hold NEEBS Expo 2020
- Body found in Lake Piru where Naya Rivera went missing
- Body found in California lake where Naya Rivera went missing
- Young man stabbed to death by his friend during an argument over N12,000 in Delta State
- Mega art dealer Larry Gagosian received a PPP loan for up to $5M
- NASS, NERC to partner on legal framework to protect investment in power sector
- Lytaâs Alleged Girlfriend, Coco Brown Dazzles In New Pictures as She Turns A Year Older
- Will and Jada Pinkett Smith vacation in Bahamas after August Alsina reveal
- Johnny Depp ‘cried’ when he was told he kicked Amber Heard, court hears
- Why Tiffany Haddish really cut off all of her hair
- Fake DSS personnel bags 12 years imprisonment
- De Blasio flags rising coronavirus rate for ages 20-29 as ‘worrisome’
- Nigerian goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye joins Sparta Rotterdam
- 9-year-old honor roll student shot as he filmed TikTok videos
- Covid-19 Could Infect People On A Daily Basis Through Common Cold – New Research Says
- City council firebrand Ruben Diaz Sr. won’t seek reelection
- “Did Your Husband Beat You Again” Reactions as Mercy Aigbe Shares new pictures with stitches on her head (PICS)
- ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Spinoff ‘The Bad Batch’ Coming to Disney+
- HBP, diabetes commonest among COVID-19 patients who died in Lagos — MD, IDH
- Tacha Speaks On Confidence
- Reps Probe $1.046M Withdrawal By Nigerian Embassy In Israel
- Baltimore police sergeant allegedly kidnapped, extorted contractor in patio dispute
- Akpabio Should Step Aside For Investigation, Buhari, APC Rotten – PDP
- Female Singer Waje Blasts Nigerian Men Who Won’t Allow Their Widowed Mothers Remarry