By Ndahi Marama, Maiduguri
AT least 10 soldiers and 20 insurgents were killed on Saturday in a gun fight, following the ambush of troops by Boko Haram sect along Maiduguri-Damboa-Biu road in Borno State.
One of the soldiers lost his life along Pulka-Ngoshe road in another fire fight.
The incident, according to multiple sources, happened separately around vicinity of Dogon Waye (Defunct NITEL Masts, which is about 45km drive along Maiduguri – Damboa road.
On Pulka -Ngoshe road, the source said the “incident took place around Bokko settlement (Pulka/Bokko ward) in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno state, with 10 others seriously injured, while some soldiers are missing uptill now. The troops were said to be heading to their base at Ngoshe town when the attack occurred. Bokko settlement is situated along Pulka – Ngoshe road , behind Gwoza Mandara mountain which shares border with Cameroun.
One of the eye witnesses, a passengers, Ali Isa, who managed to escape the attack, said: “Several members of Boko Haram sect laid ambush along Damboa road at about 2pm and opened fire on military escort vehicles. This led to exchange of gunfire, a situation that left many victims to flee into the bush for safety.”
He noted that a lot of people, including some members of Civilian Joint Task Force, CJTF, in company of the security escort vehicles, had to engage the terrorists, with many victims still missing at press time.
A member of the Civilian-JTF, who is not authorized to talk to the press, but luckily escaped unhurt during the ambush, confirmed to Vanguard yesterday that over 20 terrorists and nine soldiers died in the attack.
“During the clash, more than 20 terrorists were killed. Unfortunately, we also lost nine of our soldiers that were escorting travellers from Maiduguri to Damboa. The attackers had also gone away with patrol vehicle belonging to our vigilante operatives who were also part of the escort team, “ the CJTF member said.
Another motorists who maneuvered and made a u-turn back to Maiduguri, Mallam Usman Abdulahi, said the attackers did not confront civilian travellers.
The military authorities did not make any comment on the attacks. A text message sent to the acting Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Sagir Musa, was not replied.
But when he eventually picked his call, he said: “Sorry I cant attend to you now as I am in transit.’’
Source: Vanguard News
What will make you commit suicide?
- Message to Goodluck Jonathan: Assassins’ll attempt your life this year but’ll fail — Prophet Serimoedumu
- Otedola hosts DJ Cuppy, Temi and boyfriend, Mr Eazi in London (Video)
- Tijani Oniru, one of the sons of late Oba of Oniru attacked by “security men” (video)
- Some Rescued Chibok Girls Frustrated, Abandoned, Dropped Out Of School – MBF
- ‘Putin’s limo brand’ Aurus sedan gets smashed in epic crash test — Warritatafo
- Davido’s cousin Adenike receives a Benz as graduation gift from her dad
- Top NYPD cops call for Manhattan DA Cy Vance to appear at shooting scenes
- Watch Vanguard’s top stories in 60 seconds
- Davido’s cousin, Adenike Adeleke, receives a Benz as graduation gift from her dad
- Nigeria records more COVID-19 cases as death toll rises to 645
- Two die in Anambra cult clash
- Bobrisky speaks Igbo, threatens to slap small boys who sends him DM professing their love(video)
- Nigerian Man praises Hushpuppi in his latest post on Instagram
- Naira Marley reacts to viral video of an elderly man singing one of his songs
- Alleged poisoning: Family member reveals real cause of Deborah’s death
- Ajimobi’s fidau: Family denies Oyo dep gov access
- Sergio Ramos Talks On Referees Assisting Real Madrid To Stay Top Of LA LIGA Table
- French bus driver brain dead after assault for refusing maskless riders
- Gunmen kill 2, abduct APC chieftain, 9 others in Katsina
- The Rock Suffered a Tragic Loss With the Unexpected Death Of His Legendary Dad Rocky Johnson
- ‘The View’: Meghan McCain Reacts to Kanye West 2020 Presidential Run Announcement
- This is irresponsible and reckless- PDP knocks APC for calling for an investigation into Hushpuppi’s alleged links with some of its members
- Ned Nwoko Gifts Regina Daniels Brand New Bentley After Giving Birth (Video)
- Why Did Jessica Capshaw Leave ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ as Arizona Robbins?
- Roddy Ricch Addresses the Leak of His Song With Drake
- Ubisoft’s next-gen Assassin’s Creed leaked, but are gamers impressed? — Warritatafo
- China officials suspect possible cases of bubonic plague
- Saudi Arabia Announces Guidelines, And Set Bans Gatherings Ahead Of Hajj 2020
- Money can actually buy you happiness, study shows
- Tacha Reacts After Fan Mistakes Her For BBNaija Winner (Photo)
- $15.3M Stolen By Woodberry From Us Companies May Not Be Recovered – FBI Speaks Out
- Senator Shehu Sani asked me to settle 4 judges with N1m each-Prosecution witness
- Queen Elizabeth Rejects the Public’s Plea to ‘Skip Charles and Go Straight to William’ When She Dies
- China has caused great damage to the United States and the rest of the World! – Trump
- ‘Jersey Shore’s Angelina Pivarnick Has Returned to Twitter and Vinny Guadagnino Isn’t Happy
- Third Mainland Bridge May likely Face Closure As We Plan To Resume Repairs -FG
- My God knows you all – Mosun Filani speaks after Funke Akindele, Mercy Aigbe, Iyabo Ojo, others shunned her birthday (photos)
- Ennio Morricone Dies: Legendary Spaghetti Western Composer Was 91
- Model Sizzles Over 4th Of July Weekend – Warritatafo
- New Book Claims Prince Harry’s Spending Habits Contributed to His Feud With Prince William
- Scientists warn WHO about airborne spread of coronavirus
- When Will ‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ Season 2 Premiere on Netflix?
- Check out the Chicago prison where Hushpuppi is currently being held (Photos)
- Fans Question Khloé Kardashian’s Real Father Based on 1 Key Physical Trait
- Yoko Ono Is Wheelchair-Bound – ‘I’ve Learned So Much From Having This Illness’
- How to identify Scammer – Dolapo Badmos advises Nigerians
- “You can’t do ugly things to people and expect to live a beautiful life”- Actress Angela Okorie
- FG To Resume Third Mainland Bridge Repairs
- Family refute reports that makeup artist, Deborah Tushima was poisoned at her birthday party over an iPhone 11; explains what led to her death
- Hushpuppi’s prison details revealed in the Bureau of Prisons website
- Policewoman shoots husband with AK-47 assault rifle for not picking her calls and giving their house help money without her Consent
- Group backs planned protest by Gbaramatu people over alleged relocation of dockyard
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Hannah Ferrier Disputes Captain Sandy’s Assertion She Had No Experience
- Rape Allegation: DBanj’s ex-manager, Franklin Amudo gives his own account of what transpired at the Hotel (Video)
- Feminism: I don’t hate Men, I just hate their Privileges – Toke Makinwa