The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Akin Abayomi, has said that 2683 persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the state, are yet to turn up for admission in the different care centres either due to ignorance/fear of stigmatization or because they have chosen the home care method.
Abayomi stated this while giving an update on the COVID-19 cases in Lagos state- which has remained the epicenter of the pandemic in Nigeria since the first case was recorded in February this year.
In his breakdown, Abayomi said the state has so far witnessed 128 deaths from COVID-19. His tweets read
”#COVID19Lagos Update as at 27th of June, 2020.
4,891 COVID-19 cases were confirmed in Lagos State between June 2 and June 27, 2020 bringing total of confirmed cases in the State to 10,042.
Out of the confirmed cases, 1,533 patients have since been discharged
5, 226 of the cases monitored in communities by #COVID19Lagos response team have either fully recovered or responded positively to treatments at home.
454 of the cases are currently under isolation in public and private care centres across Lagos.
However, 2,683 active cases in the communities are yet to turn up for admission in care centres either due to ignorance / fear of stigmatisation or preference for home care.
As at 27th of June, 2020 numbers of #COVID19 related deaths in Lagos State have risen to 128.
16 #COVID19 patients have been transferred to other states while 2 patients evacuated outside Nigeria.
I urge all Lagos residents to #TakeResponsibility in the fight to stop community spread of #COVID19 Let’s stop further spread of #COVID19 #ForAGreaterLagos!”
Source: Linda Ikeji’s Blog
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via WhatsApp: +2348034798719. Email: email@example.com.
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Suspected fraudster Ramon Abbas’s bail attempt fails in US
- Magu probe: Panel quizzes 3 EFCC operatives
- Disturbing footage captures three teenagers beating up a teen mom and her baby in Brooklyn (video)
- Mercy Aigbe shares old picture from 20 years ago when she was a UNILAG Student, fans react (PICS)
- ”I no dey hear word, I get wahala” – Mercy Johnson says as she shares adorable video with her hubby
- Ruth Kadiri Speaks On Will Smith Marriage (Read What She Said)
- Tacha And Frodd Reconcile; Share Friendly Hug (Photo)
- FG may pay private school teachers’ salary arrears
- Canadian Rapper, Tory Lanez arrested on gun charge after house party fight got Megan Thee Stallion hospitalized
- Plane makes emergency landing, two men have been arrested after a note saying ‘explosives on board’ was found in toilet of Ryanair plane
- FG Promise Internet Data Slash For Nigerians
- FG to unveil N65bn stimulus package for OPSN
- NSCDC arrests 8 suspects over alleged armed robbery in Oyo
- Rita Edochie gives out daughter’s hand in marriage (photos)
- Checkout The Chinese Vase Found In Pet-filled House Which Cost $9M (Photos)
- Regina Chukwu cries out, reveals why women are stone hearted and creatures people should fear
- Kellyanne Conway’s daughter posts ‘last tweet’ after being kicked off social media
- Adeboye’s senior Pastor, Tola Odutola resigns from RCCG, gives reason [VIDEO]
- Osun government eases lockdown in 4 LGAs
- Top RCCG pastor resigns, His reasons will shock you
- “He started crying when I wanted to leave” – Lady says as she shares video of her boyfriend in tears
- Couple celebrate ‘miracle twin babies’ as wife delivers another baby, 21 days after giving birth to the first (Video)
- Naya Rivera is ‘Glee’s latest tragedy
- Oyo records highest COVID-19 cases ever
- Ex-agitators laud FG for cleansing Presidential Amnesty Programme
- Girl commits suicide over fights with brother in Lagos
- Ray J and Princess Love are back together, reconcile after divorce filing
- Court jails two internet fraudsters in Ibadan
- Why ‘Psych’ star James Roday embraced his birth name, Rodriguez
- “This looks so unhealthy” – Mr Ibu scares followers with his huge potbelly (Photo)
- Amber Heard called ‘fat’ Johnny Depp ‘washed up’ during island attack, court hears
- Farmer, 29, Remanded For Alleged Armed Robbery In Makurdi
- Researchers create heated air filter that ‘instantly’ kills coronavirus
- Breaking: Special Public Works Programme kicks off nationwide
- Apple asks retail employees to work remotely as pandemic rages on
- House of Reps back Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for WTO top job
- Reps ask Nigerian govt to reverse decision on WAEC
- Fans Slams John Okafor Over Unusual Pot Belly
- Elena Delle Donne in shock as WNBA denies her coronavirus request
- Three key players to watch as Chelsea clash with Norwich City at Stamford Bridge
- Klopp opens up on CAS reversal of Man City’s Euro ban
- N20billion loan: “We won’t allow Obaseki to mortgage Edo future” – Rights group
- “Ned Nwoko is a dirty old bastard” – Lady blasts Ned Nwoko for saying he married Regina Daniels because she was a virgin
- COVID-19: WHO reacts to reopening of schools amid pandemic
- East Harlem teen among latest victims of NYC shooting surge
- Senate reviews punishment for Kidnapping, rape
- Katy Perry headlining 3D ‘Tomorrowland’ music festival
- Daniel Lewis Lee is first federal inmate executed in 17 years
- Kelly Preston’s best movie roles from ‘Twins’ to ‘Jerry Maguire’
- Pastor Adeboye Receives Backlash After Birthday Message To Wife
- Lea Michele pays tribute to ‘Glee’ co-stars Naya Rivera and Cory Monteith
- Akwa Ibom communities raise alarm as Udom Emmanuel abandons 55.1km superhighway project
- Hillary Clinton Predicts a Trump Loss in November “In Both the Popular Vote and the Electoral College”
- ‘Glee’ star Kevin McHale believes Cory Monteith helped ‘find’ Naya Rivera
- Naya Rivera’s heartbreaking duet with son shared by ‘Glee’ co-star Amber Riley