A Federal High Court in Abuja has dismissed a certificate forgery case filed against Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State.
The plaintiffs accused Obaseki of certificate forgery in a suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/553/2020.
Also named as plaintiffs in the suit are Edobor Williams, Ugbesia Abudu Godwin and Amedu Dauda Anakhu.
The plaintiffs said the Governor forged his Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) certificate in Classical Studies from the University of Ibadan, UI.
His accusers argued that the alleged act by the Governor goes against section 182(1)(i) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).
They asked the court to declare that the incumbent Governor is “not qualified to run or seek election to the office of the governor of Edo State” in the forthcoming election.
However, at the mention of the case at the Federal High Court on Monday, neither the plaintiffs nor their lawyers appeared in court.
Obaseki and his lawyers were also not in court.
Justice Anwuli Chiekere, given the development, struck out the suit.
What will make you commit suicide?
- Never Reveal These 6 Secrets About Your Personal Life To Anybody
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu is my Leader, we are not quarreling – Uche Mefor clears air
- Kogi Gov’s Security Aide, Ariyo, Fired By Yahaya Bello
- 10 Things You Should Never Rush In Life, No Matter The Pressure.
- 7 Types of People You Shouldn’t Trust
- 7 Things Your Boyfriend Does That Shows He Is Playing You For A Fool
- Tears, cheers greet rotation of troops in North-East
- 10 Ways You’re Unknowingly Disrespecting Your Husband
- Wizkid’s Son, Zion Makes The Ovaries of Women Churn In An All White Burberry Shirt (Photo)
- 10 Nigerian Celebrities With Many Children From Different ‘Baby Mamas’
- 7 things you should never Apologize for in Life
- Photos Of The US Prison Where Hushpuppi And Woodberry will likely be Detained
- ‘The Johnson’s’ Actress, Susan Pwajok, stuns fans with adorable new photos
- Hot! 5 Celebrities Rihanna has Dated
- Must Read! 8 Signs they shows a Girl is Lonely
- Like Sister, Like Sister! Meet Bukunmi Oluwasina’s little sister who’s also an Actress
- Main Reason Why Drake drew Lil Wayne’s Tattoo on his Upper left arm
- 10 Signs Someone is Losing Interest in You
- Top 5 American Rappers who married their High School Sweetheart
- MAD O! Erigga Reacts As Scammers Try To Scam Him With Promise Of A Job Opportunity
- Akwa Ibom Lifts Ban On Wedding And Burial Ceremonies
- Bobrisky’s boyfriend buys him a brand new car for keeping their relationship secret (Video)
- “Stop Using My Pictures To Sell Fake Items” – Toke Makinwa Warns IG Marketer (Photo)
- Solskjaer Gives Update On Squad Ahead Of BourneMouth Clash
- APC Fires Back At PDP Over Claims Of Plotting To Derail Edo Election
- Pacers’ Victor Oladipo won’t play in bubble due to re-injury risk
- Machine Gun Kelly Wears Bad Boy Shirt After Megan Fox Date – Warritatafo
- Tesco demands supplier price cuts in discount battle
- BREAKING: Benue gov’s wife, son, staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Nigerian Law School audit uncovers fraud, cleaner paid N32m, staff gets N36m dressing allowance
- ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’: Aisha Tyler Once Voiced a Character in a Popular Video Game Franchise
- Man rapes, impregnates 14-year-old girl In Sokoto, throws baby in bush
- NBA, union agree on 29 approved social justice messages for jerseys
- ‘This Is Us’: 3 Performances That Prove Chris Sullivan Deserves All the Awards
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Desperados’ on Netflix, a Hapless Rom-Com with an All-Too-Appropriate Title
- 10 Things We Have Learnt In This Corona Virus Pandemic
- Man, 72, arrested for pushing 86-year-old out of elevator ‘to protect him and wife against Coronavirus’
- 2023: What counts against Igbo Presidency
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Fans Speculate That Elizabeth Potthast’s Family Is Trying to Get Their Own Spinoff
- UN staffers put on leave after video surfaces of sex act in official car
- Sports anchor Dan O’Toole says his 1-month-old daughter is missing
- Christina Ricci Seen Without Wedding Ring 1 Day After Divorce Filing – Warritatafo
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Star Rhea Seehorn Explains Kim Wexler’s ‘Erratic’ and ‘Reckless’ Action in Season 5
- Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre cried ‘tears of joy’ after Ghislane Maxwell’s arrest
- Dead fish are popping up all along the Hudson River
- Dbanj Rape Allegation: Segalink confirms that Miss Seyitan was detained by Police
- MLB’s first coronavirus test results are encouraging
- Hydroxychloroquine helped COVID-19 patients survive better – Study
- Ghislaine Maxwell won’t give up Prince Andrew, close pal says
- Premier League club escapes being scammed of £100m by Hushpuppi
- Have ‘Love It or List It’ Stars David and Hilary Ever Dated?
- ‘Black Panther’: Having a Black Superhero Wasn’t All that Made the MCU Film So Successful
- ‘The Last Kingdom’: The Major Questions That Need to Be Answered in Season 5
- Michael Cohen caught at NYC restaurant — and it could land him back in prison
- Hushpuppi and co-conspirators accused of stealing over $16m. See charge sheet which captured phone conversations with his alleged gang members after each hit