KARACHI, Pakistan — Pakistani police say an unknown number of gunmen have attacked the Pakistan Stock Exchange in the southern port city of Karachi, the country’s financial center.
Rizwan Ahmend, a police official at the scene of the attack says gunmen opened fire at the entrance and have entered the stock exchange grounds. It wasn’t immediately known how many gunmen are involved and whether they have been able to enter the building itself in Monday’s attack.
Inside the stock exchange, broker Yaqub Memon says he and others are huddled inside their offices.
Heavily armed special forces have surrounded the building located in the heart of the city’s financial district, where the Pakistan State Bank is located as well as the headquarters of several national and international financial institutions.
Local television stations are showing police in full body armor surrounding the building but still staying outside the high walled compound of the stock exchange.
Shazia Jehan, a police spokesman, says the bomb disposal squad has also been called to the stock exchange building and was trying to clear the building of explosive devices. There were no other details and the fate of the attackers was not immediately known.
No militant group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Karachi stock exchange is Pakistan’s largest and oldest stock exchange, incorporated today with the exchanges in Islamabad and Lahore.
Source: New York Post
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- LEAKED: Alleged Audio of Niger Delta Minister Godswill Akpabio offering ₦70Million for Bombing of Pipelines ( Listen)
- Labour Minister, Ngige Padded NSITF Budget With N1.2 Billion, 5 SUVs, Installed Ex-Lover As New ED – Nelson
- FG agreed To Pay Salaries Of Private School Teachers -Yomi Otubela
- BBN: Nina Ivy And Her Husband Celebrates Their Son, Denzel Kelechukwu (Photo)
- 10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers, Monday morning, July 13, 2020
- There Is A Plot To Cause Crisis In Iruland – Oniru Cries Out
- Mercy Aigbe, Others Congratulate Ini Edo Over Akwa-Ibom State Re-Appointment
- #Anambra: Man’s body found in a bush with his hands and legs tied (graphic photos)
- Mike Edwards And His Pregnant Wife, Perri Enjoys Vacation In Spain (Photos)
- Yawa Burst! Toke Makinwa Gives A Savage Reply To A Doctor Who Disrespected Her On Twitter
- NSCDC arrests 8 suspects, intercepts 3 motorcycles in Oyo [PHOTOS]
- Protests rock Ondo PDP secretariat over alleged manipulation of delegates’ list
- Nicola Peltz wears Victoria Beckham dress for engagement photos with Brooklyn
- Who is Jimmy’s Girlfriend Mia on ‘Yellowstone’? Meet Eden Brolin
- “I have your mate at home that I am taking care of” – Thelma slams woman who called her an “unfortunate celebrity”
- “Did Your Husband Beat You Again” Reactions as Mercy Aigbe Shares new pictures with stitches on her head (PICS)
- “Stop exposing your personal pregnancy life on social media” – Kemi Olunloyo reacts to the death of Nicole Thea
- ‘Chief Hunter’, Maigiwa Abducted in Borno
- Fear Allah, 550 Billion Recovered Loot Is 100% Domicile In CBN And It Doesn’t Generate Interest – Magu
- BREAKING: UEFA Lifts Champions League Ban Against Manchester City
- Bobrisky’s Contender posts Picture Of Himself In Wedding Gown
- Amber Heard allegedly threw ‘haymaker’ at Johnny Depp after he lost $750M
- Native doctor spotted taking his ‘girlfriend’ shopping in Benin (Video)
- “Dating a yahoo boy is the most dangerous thing any girl should indulge in” – Lady narrates how her boyfriend almost used her for money ritual in Asaba
- Kanu has been vindicated by Magu’s suspension — IPOB
- Kansas father, girlfriend charged in murder of his 3-year-old daughter
- Omo-Agege explains reasons for passing Sexual Harassment bill into law
- Alaska Airlines flight turns around after passenger threatens to ‘kill everybody’
- Giants won’t sign Leonard Williams to long-term contract extension
- Edo: Mass defection from APC, signpost of defeat for Ize-Iyamu ― PDP
- Police nab man for allegedly raping minor after buying N20 sachet water
- Dale Resteghini says he’s gotten death threats over controversial new project
- DJ Cuppy Shares Release Date For New Song, “Jollof On The Jet”
- Northern House of Assembly speakers lament security situation in region
- Weinstein’s accusers want federal judge to block global settlement
- NAPTIP rescues 107 human trafficking victims at Kano airport
- Nigeria: The Problem of Memory
- Devastated 4-year-old loses it over lack of ‘fun’ during pandemic lockdown
- Video: News Round Up
- U.S.-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi
- Vandal dumps red paint on ‘Black Lives Matter’ mural outside Trump Tower
- I’m Two Weeks Pregnant – Bobrisky Reveals He’s Pregnant
- Kano Emirate bans indiscriminate horse riding
- Cuomo says Trump’s handling of COVID-19 makes Richard Nixon ‘look innocent’
- Nigeria’s stock market opens week with N55bn loss
- Lawmaker calls on Senators, Reps to shelve annual recess for electoral, constitutional reforms
- Does ‘Foodie Love’ Signal HBO Max’s Spanish Programming Ambitions?
- ‘Star Wars’ animated series ‘The Bad Batch’ coming to Disney+
- Jason Oppenheim getting hundreds of resumés after ‘Selling Sunset’
- BFFs Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King reunite after months apart
- COVID-19 Deaths: South Africa overtakes Egypt as Nigeria remains among top list
- Texas dog first animal in state confirmed to have coronavirus
- Bitcoin scammers have reportedly swiped $24M this year
- Chris Russo couldn’t resist WFAN jab while mocking ESPN Radio change
- Why Texas coronavirus death toll may be higher than officially reported