I use to have a friend who loved photography and wanted it as a business, but then he doesn’t know how to go about it till he meet me. I took out my time to put him through all the cons and pron of the business. Today he’s doing well as a photographer in Benin, Nigeria.
Trust me photography is a very lucrative business, but if your interest is the money, You may not do well in it. It takes wanting to adding value to be successful in a photography business.
The reason for this above is because, there’s a whole lot of competition in photography business across the nations of the earth. In Nigeria,Almost every street has a photographer either in a small scale such as passport production or big scale of having a studio.
If you don’t master the art to adding value, you will end up getting frustrated and angry at what you believe could give you money. Rather than vent or experience those anger, Choose to add your own value through photography being creative.
Value is what drives any business be it photography or any other. If you’re comfortable with adding value, then you’re good to go about s photography business.
How to get started.
This will start with a question, What is my kind of expectations in this business? Should I go into freelance or studio photography?
This answer will give you a clear path. If you opt for freelance, You may not have much to do except to reach out to clients to patronize you.
If you think studio photography is fine by you, then you will need to join me in this down line.
Studio photography is the common kind of photography around town, It is not usually easy to set because it is capital intensive. Because of the cost of the gadget, many people run away from it and settle for freelance photography. some stay in freelance photography till they raise enough capital to start up studio practice which is believed to pay more.
Some people start a photography business without the skill or knowledge of photography. What thry do is to hire good photographer and Psy them at the end of the month or based on their agreement.
If you’re good in yourself, You may not need to employ any photographer. You may just need to get an assistant or a help. Those who will assist in running administrative work, receptionist or even assist in studio sessions.
However, You can choose to do all of these when starting up, that’s if you think you can’t pay anyone yet at that time. Rather than spend much when you don’t have enough clients, It is better you work alone till you can pay anyone.
When you have your gadgets, get a well cited business area and rent an office apartment or space, furnish to your taste. Get your gadgets and fix at where needed and you’re good to go.
You will majorly need a good camera,at least two soft box for a start(I recommended Godox products), a speed light, background light, backgrounds, a silver line reflector amongst others depending on your expertise.
Your value quality and managing of clients will determine if they would return next time or not, so you may have to diligently work on these.
With this, starting up a photography is highly obtainable. I implore to take advantage of these points and unleash your potentials for profit making and excellence.
- Sarkodie gives credit to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, others in Major Lazer documentaryGhanaian rapper and entrepreneur Michael Owusu Addo known as Sarkodie has given praise to most Ghanaian artistes including Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy for coming together to put Ghana on the map ...[Read more]
- Albert Haynesworth arrested on domestic assault charge after incident with ex-girlfriendCLEVELAND, Tenn. — Former Tennessee Titans All-Pro defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth was arrested Monday after he was accused of threatening and yelling at his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. ...[Read more]
- Michigan man fatally shot after argument in line at haunted houseA Michigan man was fatally shot and his attacker is on the loose after the pair is believed to have had an argument while standing in the line to get into a Detroit haunted house, police said. The ...[Read more]
- What a surprise! See what fans did for Mercy Eke on of her birthday.It was such an amazing birthday for the BBNaija star on her birthday as her friends gathers to donate two lots of land at Lekki on her birthday on 27th. She could not hide her excitement as she was ...[Read more]
- Woman who went missing 2 years ago discovered alive at seaIn a survival saga for the ages, a Colombian woman who had fallen off the grid two years ago was miraculously discovered alive at sea by flabbergasted fishermen. Video of her dramatic rescue has ...[Read more]
- “I Don’t Trust None Of You”, Burna Boy Blasts SoworeBurna Boy (source: Instagram) Nigerian Grammy Awards nominee, Burna Boy, has taken a dig at a former presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore on social media. The singer in response to a tweet from ...[Read more]
- Ulta takes 20 percent off top-selling beauty products during Fall Haul saleThere’s no such thing as having too many beauty products. And now you can max out your collection during Ulta’s annual Fall Haul event. The sale is taking up to 20% off all of your favorite beauty ...[Read more]
- Marines in North Carolina warned not to jog at night because of coyote attacksAfter at least four coyote attacks, Marines at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, are being advised against jogging in the Wallace Creek area of the base at night. An official in the game warden’s office ...[Read more]
- ‘Lion King’ sequel officially in the works with director Barry JenkinsThe “Circle of Life” continues for Disney’s hit, “The Lion King.” A little over a year since releasing the hugely profitable CGI reboot of the 1994 animated classic, Walt Disney Studios has confirmed ...[Read more]
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Inherit the Viper’ on Hulu, a Painfully Generic Josh Hartnett-led Crime-DramaNow on Hulu, Inherit the Viper is a Josh Hartnett vehicle, which is a phrase I haven’t used in a long, long time. In this gritty drama, the Lucky Number Slevin star plays an Oxycontin dealer in the ...[Read more]
- ‘Love Island’: It’s Final Date Night for The Last Four Couples in This Exclusive ClipAfter weeks packed with high-drama episodes and some shocking summer TV moments, Season 2 of Love Island USA is finally coming to an end. But it’s not over just yet — the CBS reality dating show ...[Read more]
- Pay our tax, Lagos Internal Revenue tells LayconFunny as it seems, Nigerians and mostly Lagosians took out laughs as Lagos Internal revenue congratulates BBNaija winner Laycon asking him to pay his tax in a hilarious manner. Many Nigerians have ...[Read more]
- Celebrity men are fit after 50Share this: September 29, 2020 | 3:54pm 1 of 16 Fifty and fit! These celebrity men are proving that they’re abs-olutely staying in shape at age 50 and beyond. Matthew McConaughey is chiseled at ...[Read more]
- Alicia Keys’ skincare routine includes essential oils, crystals and sulfurAhead of the launch of her lifestyle brand, Keys Soulcare, Alicia Keys is opening up about her own evening beauty routine. Her company’s website went live on Tuesday with several stories and videos, ...[Read more]
- GHAMRO’s 4th Annual General Meeting scheduled for October 23The 4th Annual General Meeting of the Ghana Music Rights Organization (GHAMRO) will be held on Friday, October 23, 2020 at the KNUST School of Business in Kumasi, a statement from the body says. ...[Read more]
Join The Discussion👇🏾
- on BBNaija: See What Nengi Found Under Her Bed That Ozo Left For Her A very big love
- on “I Can’t Remember When I Had A S3kz With Any Man, So I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant ” – 17-year-old Girl Whose Newborn Was Allegedly Buried Alive Claims The traditional healer in whose Hafsat spent months in his house shoul…
- on FG cries out, says IPOB bent on destroying Nigeria THE LASTING SOLUTION TO NIGERIA IS UNITED STATE OF BIAFRA PERIOD .BUHA…
- on IPOB warns of continuous killing of members by security operatives Well for me ipob is for freedom
- on FG cries out, says IPOB bent on destroying Nigeria Are You sleeping when kanu said he will destroy Nigeria with truth. If…
- on ‘I Feel Beautiful When I Do Braids’- Tiwa Savage Reveals As She Shows Off New Hairstyle (PHOTO) Timeless beauty ageless too she is always pretty
- on BBNaija: “Ozo’s Family Doesn’t Want Nengi”- See What His Sister Posted Online That Got People Talking What ozo sister did is wrong. Why would she say that forgetting that N…
- on Breaking!!! Kanu Promises to Drop Biafra Agitation on One Condition Rape: (Apart from people who rape with occuitic power with small girl…
- on #BBNaija: “I’m a big fan, this guy sweet die” – Mercy Eke gushes over Prince (Video) Med oooo🤨🤨🤨😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣
- on Laycon Finally Makes Housemates Understand Why He Wears Sweater And Socks 24/7 And It’s Heartbreaking- See Reactions From Nigerians Aww sorry laycon