By Rasheed Sobowale
Iran on Monday issued an arrest warrant for United States President, Donald Trump, and other involved in the killing of its top general, Qassem Soleimani.
The state’s semi-official news agency, ISNA quoted Tehran prosecutor, Ali Alqasimehr, to have accused Trump and more than 30 others to have been involved in the January 3 attack that resulted in the death of Soleimani. And that it has placed a red
Iran also requested a “red notice” from Interpol in ensuring the arrest of the US president, Trump.
There was however no response when Al-Jazeera contacted Interpol based in Lyon, France.
According to Al-Jazeera analysis, under a red notice, local authorities make the arrests on behalf of the country that requested it.
The notices cannot force countries to arrest or extradite suspects, but can put government leaders on the spot and limit suspects’ travel.
After receiving a request, Interpol meets by committee and discusses whether or not to share the information with its member states. Interpol has no requirement for making any of the notices public, though some do get published on its website.
It is unlikely Interpol would grant Iran’s request as its guideline for notices forbids it from “undertaking any intervention or activities of a political” nature.
Aside from Trump’s name, Iran did not mention any other names among its more than 30 people it alleged where involved in the killing of its general.
A US airstrike near Baghdad international airport targeted a convoy carrying Soleimani and his top Baghdad-based adviser Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy head of Iraq’s powerful Hashed al-Shaabi force.
The attack resulted in the death of Soleimani, Abu Mahdi al-Mohandis, along with six other Iran-allied militiamen.
The President of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Hassan Rouhani had said the assassinated Iran commander, General Soleimani fought heroically against ISIS, Al Nusrah, Al Qaeda, among other terrorist groups.
Rouhani claimed if it wasn’t for Soleimani, most European capitals would be in great danger now.
“General Soleimani fought heroically against ISIS, Al Nusrah, Al Qaeda et al. If it weren’t for his war on terror, European capitals would be in great danger now.”
Trump had in January described Qassem Soleimani a “son of a bitch” in one of his rounds of fierce criticism of the Iranian general.
Trump told a rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on Tuesday that there were many “young men and women walking around without arms and without legs” because of Soleimani.
“Great percentages of people don’t have legs right now and arms because of this son of a bitch,” Trump said, adding that “he should have been killed 20 years ago.”
In a similar tone, the United States Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, claimed the Iranian military commander was planning imminent action that threatened American citizens when the general was killed in a US strike.
“He was actively plotting in the region to take actions — a big action, as he described it — that would have put dozens if not hundreds of American lives at risk,” Pompeo told CNN.
Source: Vanguard News
What will make you commit suicide?
- Pregnant Woman Who Died And Was Buried Gives Birth In Her Grave(Video)
- I Pity You, It Will End In Tears’ – Teni Speaks Doom On DJ Cuppy
- Tacha’s Ex-bestie, Sir Dee Stuns ” The Brekete Kingdom” With New Looks Few Days After He Was Sacked (Photos)
- Madonna, 61, flaunts her perky boobs as she leans on a crutch
- 6,594 Lagos Occupants Recover from COVID-19 with self medication, Says Prof. Akin Abayomi
- NYSC Set To Kick Start Physical Verification Exercise For Foreign-Trained Graduates
- “Ole Ni Everybody” Naira Marley Mocks EFCC Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu Over His DSS’ Arrest
- BBN’s Princess Onyejekwe tells babymamas, others to stop doing wife duties for a man that is not their husband
- Bobrisky says there is no justification for beating a girlfriend or wife as he speaks on Abusive Relationships
- Don’t Do Wife Duties For Girlfriend Prices – BBNaija’s Princess Priceless Advise To Ladies
- ‘Summer House’: Lauren Wirkus Marries David Raih in an Intimate Ceremony
- ‘The Office:’ Jenna Fischer Posts 10-Year Anniversary Photo With Her Husband But Fans Are Asking For Jim
- 5 Nigerian Celebrities who have been arrested, charged Abroad for fraudulent activities
- Actress Tayo Odueke A.K.A Sindodo Is Celebrating Her Mum On Her Birthday
- Sleeping in a Cell is Allah’s Wish for Me – Magu
- Check Out Korede Bello’s New Look
- Regina Daniels Ex-Best Friend rumored to be dating her Ex-Boyfriend
- Update: Ghanaian actress, Akuapem Poloo arrested over her nude photo with her seven-year-old son
- The society only appreciates fully dressed hardworking ladies while those unclad are regarded as promiscuous – Actress Moyo Lawal
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Bugsy Drake Won’t Tolerate Sexually Inappropriate Behavior From Lead Deckhand
- AY Poyoo Now Has More YouTube Subscribers Than Yaa Pono, Joey B, Efya, Edem & Others
- Pension fraud: Ihedioha exonerates self, blames Okorocha
- Actress Ada Karl laments over not being able to conduct some online activities linked to the US because she is in Nigeria
- Nigerian Foreign Exchange Traders Lament Over Naira’s Devaluation
- Checkout These Amazing Photos Of An African Woman Who Still Slays At 52(Photos)
- 14 bodies recovered from River Benue after sunday’s boat mishap
- Josh Brolin and wife Kathryn Boyd expecting second child together
- Why Baker Mayfield, wife Emily celebrated on Patrick Mahomes’ contract day
- Claps Back After He Slams Him For Drake Diss – Warritatafo
- “Most entertainers are broke, Covid-19 has shown who saved for raining day”- Rapper Illbliss
- Johnny Depp testifies that Amber Heard may have once defecated in their bed
- Why Did Jay-Z and Beyoncé Skip Out on Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s Wedding?
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus
- Edo 2020: Obaseki ‘ll be shocked at outcome of election ― Ganduje
- Car speeds away with protester on hood after alleged lynching attempt in Indiana
- Madonna, 61, poses topless in mirror selfie
- EFCC: More details on Magu’s probe emerge
- Enough Is Enough, Reopen All Churches Now — CAN Urges Lagos, Others
- The Song From ‘Hamilton’ That Was Inspired By a Lot of Beatles Songs
- Paris Jackson gets candid about self-harm and depression
- President Buhari makes new appointments,See categories
- #Coronavirus: Majority testing positive have no symptoms
- Ondo: APC label resignation of Dep. Gov, SSG from party as unreasonable
- Country singer Lindsay Ell reveals she was raped at 13 and 21 years old
- We won’t step down for defected deputy gov, Ondo PDP aspirants insist
- Chima: Court remands four Police officers over alleged torture, death of mechanic
- How IPOB Deputy Leader, Uche Mefor cautioned Members attacking ‘Prophetess’ Who Spoke on Radio Biafra
- This is why there’s so much pink snow covering the alps
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Magu
- ‘Blue Bloods’: Why Did Henry Walk With a Limp at the Beginning of the Series?
- Beware of FAKE JOURNALISTS! Daily Beast exposes network of false personas that tricked news outlets into publishing their op-eds — Warritatafo
- Reporter’s viral Pablo Sandoval photo drew fat shaming and regrets
- COVID-19: Taraba govt laments non compliance to safety rules in state
- EFCC: Place Magu on watchlist – Fayose tells Buhari
- Mookie Betts’ MLB free agency hinges on a tense Dodgers season