Ahead of the planned reopening of its borders to international travelers on July 1, the European Union Commission has released a list of 54 countries that qualify for travels into Europe and Nigeria is conspicuously absent.
Schengenvisainfo.com reports that citizens from Nigeria, Brazil, Qatar, the US and Russia would not be allowed to travel into Europe until such a time when the epidemiological situation in their countries with regards to COVID-19 improves.
According to the report, the countries whose citizens have been granted permits into Europe include Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Australia, Bahamas, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Canada.
Others listed are Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Palau, Paraguay, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Serbia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Dominica, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guyana, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Lebanon and Mauritius.
Speaking on the development, Eric Manner, the EU Commission spokesman, said the union had the right to choose who would enter its borders. He added that it was based on health criteria.
“The European Union has an internal process to determine from which countries it would be safe to accept travellers” he said
The EU commission on June 11, presented its recommendation on the reopening of internal Schengen borders on June 15, so that Europeans could travel freely within the borderless areas just as they did before the COVID19 pandemic.
Source: Linda Ikeji’s Blog
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via WhatsApp: +2348034798719. Email: email@example.com.
What will make you commit suicide?
- Pregnant Woman Who Died And Was Buried Gives Birth In Her Grave(Video)
- I Pity You, It Will End In Tears’ – Teni Speaks Doom On DJ Cuppy
- Tacha’s Ex-bestie, Sir Dee Stuns ” The Brekete Kingdom” With New Looks Few Days After He Was Sacked (Photos)
- Madonna, 61, flaunts her perky boobs as she leans on a crutch
- 6,594 Lagos Occupants Recover from COVID-19 with self medication, Says Prof. Akin Abayomi
- NYSC Set To Kick Start Physical Verification Exercise For Foreign-Trained Graduates
- BBN’s Princess Onyejekwe tells babymamas, others to stop doing wife duties for a man that is not their husband
- Don’t Do Wife Duties For Girlfriend Prices – BBNaija’s Princess Priceless Advise To Ladies
- Bobrisky says there is no justification for beating a girlfriend or wife as he speaks on Abusive Relationships
- ‘Summer House’: Lauren Wirkus Marries David Raih in an Intimate Ceremony
- ‘The Office:’ Jenna Fischer Posts 10-Year Anniversary Photo With Her Husband But Fans Are Asking For Jim
- 5 Nigerian Celebrities who have been arrested, charged Abroad for fraudulent activities
- Actress Tayo Odueke A.K.A Sindodo Is Celebrating Her Mum On Her Birthday
- Check Out Korede Bello’s New Look
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Bugsy Drake Won’t Tolerate Sexually Inappropriate Behavior From Lead Deckhand
- Pension fraud: Ihedioha exonerates self, blames Okorocha
- The society only appreciates fully dressed hardworking ladies while those unclad are regarded as promiscuous – Actress Moyo Lawal
- Sleeping in a Cell is Allah’s Wish for Me – Magu
- AY Poyoo Now Has More YouTube Subscribers Than Yaa Pono, Joey B, Efya, Edem & Others
- Regina Daniels Ex-Best Friend rumored to be dating her Ex-Boyfriend
- Actress Ada Karl laments over not being able to conduct some online activities linked to the US because she is in Nigeria
- Update: Ghanaian actress, Akuapem Poloo arrested over her nude photo with her seven-year-old son
- Checkout These Amazing Photos Of An African Woman Who Still Slays At 52(Photos)
- Dj Cuppy bags an endorsement deal with Platoon Music
- Nigerian Foreign Exchange Traders Lament Over Naira’s Devaluation
- Tokyo Vanity Twerks In Sexy Black Outfit — Watch – Warritatafo
- ‘The Guest’ Perfectly Weaponizes the Spellbinding Niceness of Dan Stevens
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Fans React to Angela Deem Having a Procedure With Laughing Gas
- ‘The Young and the Restless’: 1 Character Was Among the First to Do Something PG-13 On TV
- [Breaking] Magu probe: Nobody above the law — Presidency
- James Franco, Tiffany Haddish, and 18 Other Stars Deemed the ‘Hardest-Working’ Actors in Hollywood
- Coronavirus: Dapo Abiodun govt confirms 42 new cases in Ogun
- Kanayo O. Kanayo Set To Become A Barrister
- Akeredolu vs Ajayi: Nine lawmakers stand against Deputy Gov’s impeachment.
- Vanessa Bryant finds ‘Sex and the City’ finale dress Kobe gifted her
- Where is Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès of Netflix’s ‘Unsolved Mysteries’?
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Magu as EFCC acting chairman (Details)
- Cops search for perv who attempted to rape woman in Queens
- Buhari suspends Magu as EFCC acting chairman
- Slimmer Rob Kardashian attends July Fourth party after declaring he’s ‘back’
- COVID-19: Ogun teachers give conditions for school reopening
- We will not succumb to blackmail and manipulation – Ekiti APC Stakeholder Forum
- Mad O! Kanayo O. Kanayo Shows Appreciation After Successfully Passing His Law School Exams, Set To Become A Barrister
- Fernando Alonso to return to Formula 1 with Renault in 2021
- Halle Berry won’t play transgender man in movie after backlash
- Kourtney Kardashian Calls ‘KUWTK’ a ‘Toxic Environment,’ Shares What Her Life Is Like After Quitting the Show
- ONDO: Impeachment plans against the deputy gov thickens as proceedings to remove him starts
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Star Explains Why MCU Representation Is So Important: ‘Our Differences Make Us Special’
- EPL: Gleen Hoddle hints on Greenwood pushing Rashford out of Man Utd team
- Just in: Ngige meets NASS leadership, apologises for action of Keyamo
- Meghan Markle Fans Attack Queen Elizabeth and Royal Family for Failing to Protect Duchess
- Sheryl Sandberg denies Facebook is feeling pressure from ad boycott
- President Buhari reportedly suspends EFCC acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu
- Reopen all Churches now: enough is enough — CAN
- Kidnappings: Absence of Judge stalls Wadume’s trial