By Udeme Akpan & Sebastine Obasi
President Muhammadu Buhari will on Tuesday flag off the construction of $2.8 billion Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) pipeline, thus laying the foundation for the stimulation of Nigeria’s economy.
A consortium of indigenous and international engineering firms will deliver the 614-kilometer gas pipeline conceived to provide the highly desired stimulus to domestic industrial growth.
In a statement obtained by Vanguard, Oilserv Limited, involved in the project, stated: “This project will also, signal the finest hour so far for the Nigerian Content Policy goals. The president, by the flag off of this project at Ajaokuta, Kogi State, would be turning to reality some of the nation’s long term economic aspirations of boosting domestic energy infrastructure, b) deepening the local gas market, creating industrial corridors with cleaner fuel, and commercializing the country’s abundant gas resources.
“The project, according to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), will significantly curb gas flaring in the Niger Delta and guarantee better air quality in the oil producing region.”
Similarly, it stated: “Furthermore, the pipeline, which was conceived to connect demand from the northern part of the country with supply from the south, would be the biggest infrastructure development in the country’s recent history. It will also mark a significant shift in the nation’s energy policy; from revenue, targeted export programmes to development focused domestic supply programmes.
“Significantly, the $2.8 billion project will break through on the 30th of June after seven years of rigorous processes that morphed from policy conception through implementation strategy designs, master-plans and solid implementation programmes.
“Perhaps the biggest value to the economy is the participation of indigenous engineering firms led by pipeline giant, Oilserv Limited, in the delivery of some of the phases of the project.
“The company has successfully delivered over 17 similar challenging projects in the country including the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of the 67-kilometre Obiafu/Obrikom to Oben (OB3) 48-inch diameter Gas Transmission Pipeline System.
“The Oilserv consortium is slated to deliver the first 200-kilometre phase of the AKK pipeline, which covers the section between Ajaokuta and Abuja, after securing the EPC contract in April 2018.”
Continuing, it stated: “Nigeria’s Presidency had confidently asserted that, the AKK pipeline project is itself a section of an ambitious pipeline project to supply gas to Europe through the proposed Trans Sahara Gas Pipeline (TSGP) and Nigeria Morocco Gas Pipelines.
“Thus, in the short term the AKK will ensure energy sufficiency for domestic commerce and industry, and in the long term, having deepened and satisfied domestic demand, morph into an export pipeline and economic mainstay.
“The AKK pipeline in Nigeria’s prevailing socioeconomic downturn will prove to be fortuitous as well as strategic even as the world steps away from fossil fuel. Beyond the immediate need to stem the devastation of the corona pandemic and stimulate activity in the domestic economy, the AKK which is already potentially poised as a very central economic powerhouse in Nigeria will also create deeper, more enduring values, including, multiplier effect in the local content circles, cleaner environment for the host communities, accelerated technical growth, direct citizen utility, industrial convenience, and of course general broadening of the economy, etc.”
Source: Vanguard News
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Pete Edochie And Children SNUBS Actress Rita Edochie’s Daughter’s Wedding
- Rudeboy Celebrates His Younger Brother Maduka For Making Him Proud
- Wizkid Shows Off Diamond Wrist Watch, Encrusted Diamond Teeth
- Terrorists Demand N900m as Ransom for Victims Abducted in Fresh Kaduna Attack
- Moment Dead Man Was Carried On Foot For Burial After All Cars That Conveyed Him Developed A Fault (VIDEO)
- Shatta Wale In “BESTIE” Trouble; Efia Odo Discredits Benedicta Gafah (Photo)
- I Still Can’t Believe You Chose Me As Your Only Woman – Keche Andrew’s Wife After He Assured Her Of His Love
- SAD: Watch 71-Year-Old Ghanaian Nanny Arrested After She Was Caught On Camera Hitting And Kicking Her Master’s Baby (Video)
- Mr Ibu’s 8-Year-Old Beautiful Daughter Becomes The Talk Of The Internet With These Adorable Photos
- La Liga: Barcelona Sign Brazilian Striker
- Yahoo Boy Confesses How He Posed As Gay To Defraud A Client (Video)
- ‘I’m Going To Ensure Nana Addo Gets A Second Term By Campaigning For Him’ – Agya Koo Reveals
- PDP Speaks On Sponsoring Agbede Protest In Edo State
- 3 Nollywood Actresses Who Allegedly Had A Romantic Affair With Actor, Lateef Adedimeji (PHOTOS)
- Legendary Nollywood ‘Bad Boy’ Actor, Hanks Anuku And Other Celebrities In The Movie Industry Who Rocked The Big Screens (Photos)
- Popular Yoruba Actresses Whose Husbands Are Also Actors
- To Copy These Tune Press 89 – Tacha Shades Mercy Eke After She Also Launched Her Merchandise
- I Am Not Going Astray – Actor Lateef Adedimeji Replies Fan Who Begged Him To Stop Wearing ‘Earrings’ (VIDEO)
- 10 Nigerian Billionaires Whose Wives Are Young Enough To Be Their Daughter
- Mercy Johnson & Her Baby, Divine-Mercy Give Us Some Lovely Moment – VIDEO
- DOWNLOAD: Sugarbana – Shalaye ft Barry Jhay X Bella Shmurda
- Suarez Concedes La Liga Title To Real Madrid, Reveals Why Barca Lost
- Watch Mercy Johnson Giving Her Husband ‘Wahala’ Whilst Taking A Simple Photo – (VIDEO)
- Akuapem Poloo REVEALS A Secret About Her & People Are Shocked
- Photos Of Afia Schwarzenegger And ‘Date Rush’ Star, Ignatius Sparks Dating Rumors
- JUST IN: Yahoo Girl, Adeherself Finally Granted N500,000 Bail In Lagos Court
- REVEALED: Only Two People Encouraged Davido To Be SERIOUS With Chioma
- Edo 2020: “Obaseki harassing APC members resisting PDP” – Ize-Iyamu campaign
- Check Out KiDi’s Latest Photo That Is Making The Ladies Scream ‘CHEESE’
- Kano Road Traffic arrests fake soldiers attacking their men
- ‘I Was Dishonest, Selfish’ – John Legend Admits To Cheating In Past Relationships
- Anti-corruption forum condemns media attacks on Prophet Emmanuel Omale
- JUST IN: Hushpuppi Moved From Chicago To California – Kemi Discloses
- Bangladesh arrests hospital owner over fake coronavirus results
- Actress, Yvonne Jegede Has Once Again Revealed That Hackers Have Tried To Hack Her Account
- BREAKING: Magu released from detention
- Ebonyi State government to reopen schools in August
- Actress Finally Gives Birth After 10 Years Of Marriage
- Actress Eseigbe welcomes baby after 10 years of marriage
- Toyin Abraham & Other Celebrities React As Actress, Damilola Shares Her Flawless Beauty In Latest Video
- Kwara Assembly sets up committee to probe local councils finances
- Edo poll: AA, LP, ADC substitute candidates
- Police footage shows George Floyd’s last words: ‘Man, I can’t breathe’
- Johnny Depp allegedly got cheeky in texts about Amber Heard’s ‘flabby ass’
- Toddler flung into the air after SUV hits stroller
- Mr. Macaroni Goes Wild After Meeting Ooni Of Ife (Video)
- Edo: INEC announces substitution of three governorship candidates
- Jacob deGrom undergoing MRI after leaving Mets start with back problem
- Eniola Badmus Unleashes Venom On Fan Who Asked Her A ‘Simple’ Question
- ‘He’s a great gentleman’: Trump says he’d welcome Flynn back on campaign
- CBN seeks power to freeze criminals’ accounts, wants Credit Tribunal
- Social media influencer, ‘Adeherself’ granted bail by court
- When Will ‘The Office’ Be on Peacock?
- Yul Edochie opens up on how RMD, Ramsey Nouah, Desmond Elliot and not his father helped his career
- Davido REVEALS Who Inspired His Relationship With Chioma