The Kwara State House of Assembly has reacted sharply to insinuations on the extension of the 16 local government chairmen in the state by the state governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq.
A statement in Ilorin, by the media aide to the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Ibrahim Sheriff, said: “the legislature is convinced to have acted ideally over the local government chairmen’s matter.”
“The Assembly considers the extension of their suspension by the executive arm of government. Investigations into allegations against them are yet to be concluded by the anti-graft agency, notwithstanding their defection to the ruling All Progressives Congress party.
“The recent development simply signals a new dawn in Kwara State where social-political affiliation won’t be an immunity against illegality, it reflects our commitment to pursue justice for the people, regardless of political motivation,” the statement added.
“We want to state categorically clear that No member of the 9th Kwara Assembly is by any way or means, in-charge of local government revenue, either directly or through a proxy.
“It is also to be made clear that no member of the House interferes in the running or finances of the respective governments as it does not form part of their statutory functions or duties, the statement added.
It challenged anyone with contrary facts to this effect to present it for public scrutiny.
What will make you commit suicide?
- Message to Goodluck Jonathan: Assassins’ll attempt your life this year but’ll fail — Prophet Serimoedumu
- Otedola hosts DJ Cuppy, Temi and boyfriend, Mr Eazi in London (Video)
- Tijani Oniru, one of the sons of late Oba of Oniru attacked by “security men” (video)
- Some Rescued Chibok Girls Frustrated, Abandoned, Dropped Out Of School – MBF
- ‘Putin’s limo brand’ Aurus sedan gets smashed in epic crash test — Warritatafo
- Davido’s cousin Adenike receives a Benz as graduation gift from her dad
- Top NYPD cops call for Manhattan DA Cy Vance to appear at shooting scenes
- Watch Vanguard’s top stories in 60 seconds
- Davido’s cousin, Adenike Adeleke, receives a Benz as graduation gift from her dad
- Nigeria records more COVID-19 cases as death toll rises to 645
- Two die in Anambra cult clash
- Bobrisky speaks Igbo, threatens to slap small boys who sends him DM professing their love(video)
- Nigerian Man praises Hushpuppi in his latest post on Instagram
- Naira Marley reacts to viral video of an elderly man singing one of his songs
- Alleged poisoning: Family member reveals real cause of Deborah’s death
- Ajimobi’s fidau: Family denies Oyo dep gov access
- Sergio Ramos Talks On Referees Assisting Real Madrid To Stay Top Of LA LIGA Table
- Gunmen kill 2, abduct APC chieftain, 9 others in Katsina
- The Rock Suffered a Tragic Loss With the Unexpected Death Of His Legendary Dad Rocky Johnson
- ‘The View’: Meghan McCain Reacts to Kanye West 2020 Presidential Run Announcement
- This is irresponsible and reckless- PDP knocks APC for calling for an investigation into Hushpuppi’s alleged links with some of its members
- French bus driver brain dead after assault for refusing maskless riders
- Ned Nwoko Gifts Regina Daniels Brand New Bentley After Giving Birth (Video)
- Why Did Jessica Capshaw Leave ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ as Arizona Robbins?
- Roddy Ricch Addresses the Leak of His Song With Drake
- Ubisoft’s next-gen Assassin’s Creed leaked, but are gamers impressed? — Warritatafo
- China officials suspect possible cases of bubonic plague
- Saudi Arabia Announces Guidelines, And Set Bans Gatherings Ahead Of Hajj 2020
- Money can actually buy you happiness, study shows
- Tacha Reacts After Fan Mistakes Her For BBNaija Winner (Photo)
- $15.3M Stolen By Woodberry From Us Companies May Not Be Recovered – FBI Speaks Out
- Senator Shehu Sani asked me to settle 4 judges with N1m each-Prosecution witness
- Queen Elizabeth Rejects the Public’s Plea to ‘Skip Charles and Go Straight to William’ When She Dies
- China has caused great damage to the United States and the rest of the World! – Trump
- ‘Jersey Shore’s Angelina Pivarnick Has Returned to Twitter and Vinny Guadagnino Isn’t Happy
- Third Mainland Bridge May likely Face Closure As We Plan To Resume Repairs -FG
- My God knows you all – Mosun Filani speaks after Funke Akindele, Mercy Aigbe, Iyabo Ojo, others shunned her birthday (photos)
- Ennio Morricone Dies: Legendary Spaghetti Western Composer Was 91
- Model Sizzles Over 4th Of July Weekend – Warritatafo
- New Book Claims Prince Harry’s Spending Habits Contributed to His Feud With Prince William
- Scientists warn WHO about airborne spread of coronavirus
- When Will ‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ Season 2 Premiere on Netflix?
- Check out the Chicago prison where Hushpuppi is currently being held (Photos)
- Fans Question Khloé Kardashian’s Real Father Based on 1 Key Physical Trait
- Yoko Ono Is Wheelchair-Bound – ‘I’ve Learned So Much From Having This Illness’
- How to identify Scammer – Dolapo Badmos advises Nigerians
- “You can’t do ugly things to people and expect to live a beautiful life”- Actress Angela Okorie
- FG To Resume Third Mainland Bridge Repairs
- Family refute reports that makeup artist, Deborah Tushima was poisoned at her birthday party over an iPhone 11; explains what led to her death
- Hushpuppi’s prison details revealed in the Bureau of Prisons website
- Policewoman shoots husband with AK-47 assault rifle for not picking her calls and giving their house help money without her Consent
- Group backs planned protest by Gbaramatu people over alleged relocation of dockyard
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Hannah Ferrier Disputes Captain Sandy’s Assertion She Had No Experience
- Rape Allegation: DBanj’s ex-manager, Franklin Amudo gives his own account of what transpired at the Hotel (Video)
- Feminism: I don’t hate Men, I just hate their Privileges – Toke Makinwa