…Refuses to accredit Computer Science
By Joseph Erunke
ABUJA – THE National Universities Commission, NUC,has accredited Law and 13 other academic programmes of the University of Abuja.
While ten academic programmes were given full accreditation, four others had interim accreditation,according to a statement, Sunday,by Dr Habib Yakoob, Head, Information and University Relations, University of Abuja.
However, the commission refused to accredit Computer Science as a course of study in the institution.
“The programmes with full accreditation include Public Administration, Education Arabic Studies, Education Christian Rel. Studies, Education English, Education Geography, Education Islamic Rel. Studies, Guidance and Counselling, Law, Chemistry and Microbiology, while those with Interim accreditation are Banking and Finance, Education Physics, Educational Administration and Planning, and Primary Education Studies.
Computer Science was ,however, not yet accredited,” the statement said.
It read further: ” Disclosing this in an email to the University of Abuja community on Sunday, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Abdul-Rasheed Na’Allah said, “Just a few days ago, your University received the results of the November 2019 National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation visit to the UofA of Nigeria; and out of 15 (fifteen academic programs visited), it is only one of them, Computer Science, that we have difficulty in, which Academic Planning Office, working with the academic department concerned, would prepare an appeal for a revisit and a re-evaluation.”
“He assured the University community that the institution had the necessary facilities to ensure that the course got accreditation.
He congratulated all remaining academic departments, their Heads of Departments, Deans, teaching and non-teaching staff, the Registry, the Bursary, students in all the various departments, and the entire university community on this good news.
“The Vice-Chancellor said the Management of the University was working round the clock, with all faculties and academic departments, to lift the University to world class standards.
“Ladies and gentlemen, your University is a proud University and our distinguished staff and students would continue to show excellence and raise the banners of academic excellence as the No. 1 University in Nigeria,” Professor Na’Allah said.
“He said further, “We are in the middle of laying a solid Internet infrastructure (fybriotics) in all our campuses. Your University is establishing computer laboratories across faculties and departments where students and staff would easily walk in when they need to use computers. Several of our classrooms are in the program of now being converted into smart classrooms where learners and instructors can use cyber technology.
“Your University has already built and is perfecting its UniAbuja Virtual classroom system and many students are currently taking some courses online in a Pilot study of our Virtual Classroom system, and the Centre for Sponsored Projects, the Centre for Undergraduate Research, the UofA International Centre, the Entrepreneurship Centre, the General Studies unit, and more, are all mobilizing staff and students to explore world class academic, research and global citizenship opportunities provided in the great UofA of Nigeria.”
The Vice-Chancellor also revealed that the University had now created a Rape and Sexual Harassment Reporting Platform on the Main University website.
He said the platform would provide opportunity to “any student who felt she or he has been harassed, however long this has happened to her or him, can report to the University authority, and such report will go direct to the designated officer and the Vice-Chancellor, where every legitimate process would be followed to thoroughly follow up and get to the bottom of the allegation while also protecting the victim at the highest level.”
“He added that the report to this platform would receive prompt and spontaneous and immediate attention including maximum protection and security, and on the spot intelligence actions.”
Source: Vanguard News
What will make you commit suicide?
- Never Reveal These 6 Secrets About Your Personal Life To Anybody
- Kogi Gov’s Security Aide, Ariyo, Fired By Yahaya Bello
- 10 Things You Should Never Rush In Life, No Matter The Pressure.
- Tears, cheers greet rotation of troops in North-East
- 7 Things Your Boyfriend Does That Shows He Is Playing You For A Fool
- 7 Types of People You Shouldn’t Trust
- 10 Ways You’re Unknowingly Disrespecting Your Husband
- 10 Nigerian Celebrities With Many Children From Different ‘Baby Mamas’
- 7 things you should never Apologize for in Life
- Photos Of The US Prison Where Hushpuppi And Woodberry will likely be Detained
- ‘The Johnson’s’ Actress, Susan Pwajok, stuns fans with adorable new photos
- Hot! 5 Celebrities Rihanna has Dated
- Like Sister, Like Sister! Meet Bukunmi Oluwasina’s little sister who’s also an Actress
- Must Read! 8 Signs they shows a Girl is Lonely
- Main Reason Why Drake drew Lil Wayne’s Tattoo on his Upper left arm
- 10 Signs Someone is Losing Interest in You
- Top 5 American Rappers who married their High School Sweetheart
- MAD O! Erigga Reacts As Scammers Try To Scam Him With Promise Of A Job Opportunity
- Akwa Ibom Lifts Ban On Wedding And Burial Ceremonies
- Bobrisky’s boyfriend buys him a brand new car for keeping their relationship secret (Video)
- Solskjaer Gives Update On Squad Ahead Of BourneMouth Clash
- APC Fires Back At PDP Over Claims Of Plotting To Derail Edo Election
- 20 Cute Photos Of Muyiwa Kosoko, Jide Kosoko’s Handsome Son With Late wife, Henrietta
- Download Josh2Funny – Don’t Leave Me Mp3
- Falz Silences The Internet With A Question Only A Wise Person Can Answer [Details]
- Staffer at Pennsylvania summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- 5 Sitcom Stars Who Became Action Heroes
- Beyoncé Is In ‘Talks’ About a Destiny’s Child Reunion, Report Says
- Trump’s Ripped By Oglala Sioux President For Mount Rushmore Speech – Warritatafo
- New York reports 918 new coronavirus infections, its highest total since mid-June
- Women who specialize in buying and selling of babies caught in Port Harcourt while negotiating the sale of a two-week-old baby (video)
- The story behind America’s national hymn
- Bayern Munich confirm Thiago departure rumours
- UK scraps quarantine for some visitors as pubs set to reopen
- Martinelli signs new long-term contract at Arsenal
- Femi Adelusi emerges MIPAN president
- ’90 Day Fiance’: Deavan Clegg Asks Fans for Money for Breast Implants and a ‘Confidence Boost’
- Ringo Starr’s Biggest UK Hit Featured a Heavy Dose of George Harrison Guitar
- What Happened to Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross’ Reality Show?
- Japan seeks extradition of ex-Green Beret, son who aided Ghosn escape
- The first Black Lives Matter wave led to 2K extra black homicides — but new wave will be worse
- World’s ‘first’ Gold-plated hotel where tea is served in a gold cup opens in Vietnam (Video)
- The Papers: ‘Eat out to help out’ and PM calls for restraint
- Kelly Rowland says she ‘almost lost everything,’ went ‘rich broke’
- Brazil set to pass 1.5M coronavirus cases as cities reopen
- Many Lagosians Rush To Pick Money Thrown By Burna Boy (Video)
- Why Meghan Markle’s Thai Coconut Curry Recipe Is Going Viral
- Read charge sheet of Hushpuppi’s crimes as he appeared in court today
- Who Is Ruston Kelly? Facts On The Singer-Songwriter – Warritatafo
- Man orders N230k iPhone XS Max from Computer village but gets well-packaged metallic object (Photos)
- Giada De Laurentiis’ Red, White, and Blue Salad Is a Must for the 4th of July Weekend
- Sadiya Umar Farouq calls for strong laws against rape offenders
- Potential fireworks shortage as America celebrates 4th of July holiday
- “Hushpuppi tried to steal $124 million from an English Premier League Club” — US Federal prosecutors officially charge Hushpuppi for fraud; faces 20 years in US prison.
- City Hall admits new budget dismantles unit for placard crackdown