His Royal Majesty, Omo N’ Oba N’ Edo, Uku Akpolopolo, Ewuare II, has debunked authorising anyone to insult the Federal government or other respected Nigerians on his behalf.
The Oba was reacting to a trending video on social media by one Eranornigho Edegbe claiming to have the backing of the monarch when he vented insults on President Muhammadu Buhari and other respected members of the society.
In a statement, the Secretary Benin Traditional Council, Mr. Frank Irabo, stated that Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, had always respected not just the traditional institutions in Edo State but also the Palace of the Oba of Benin.
The Oba also described Captain Hosa Okunbo as an illustrious son of the Palace of the Oba of Benin.
It reads: “The attention of the Palace of the Oba of Benin has been drawn to a recent video trending on social media anchored by one Eranornigho Edegbe stating that he has the authority of His Royal Majesty. Omo N’ Oba N ‘Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II, Oba of Benin, to hurl invectives and insults at His Excellency, the Presidenl of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR. and few other respected members of the society.
“For the purposes of clarification, and to set the records straight, His Royal Majesty, Omo N’Oba N’Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II, Oba of Benill, wishes to make it categorically and irrevocably clear that the said video and the contents therein was not commiissioned nor was it encouraged by His Royal Majesty, Omo N’Oba N’Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II, Oba of Benin.
“We condemn in the strongest terms the malicious attacks on the integrity of His Excellency. the President and Commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, and all other persons vmorn the video seek to malign.
“We wish to state unequivocally that our love for Mr. President is unparalleled as the relationship shared date back to the days of His Royal Majesty, Oba Erediauwa (of blessed memory), the immediate past Oba of Benin.
“This relationship was further strengthened when Mr. President headed the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTFJ. His Excellency was always very nice, warm. respectful and accommodating to our father his royal majesty Oba Ereduwa Mr. President has extended same to HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, OMO N’OBA N’EDO, UKU AKPOLOKPOLO, EWUARE II, OBA OF BENIN.
“In our avowed stance of non-partisanship, we are in constant prayers that His Excellency’s desires will fully manifest in Edo State for the benefit of the Benin Royal Family Edo people and, the nation as a whole. Thus, our prayers and support for Mr. President is enormous.
“We also wish to state that Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has always respected not just the traditional Institutions in Edo State, but also the Palace of the Oba of Benin. His affectlOll lor oor father who adopted the Comrade as a soo is well known.
“This relationship was also reinforced during his tooure as Governor of Edo State. We were happy to oonvene a send forth for him upon the expiration of his lwo-terms, where HIS ROYAL MAJESTY used the Ada of the ancestors to pray for his protection, a thing quite rare in Benin custom; we are glad that the prayers said on him continue to be efficacious in an his endeavours.
“Captain Hosa Okunbol is an illustrious son of the Palace of the Oba of Benin, who at all times has worked in support or the Palace as a son of the Oba or Benin, thus, there can be nothing but goodwill and positive prayers for this distinguished son of Benin Kingdom.
“These utterances and behaviour or Eranornigho and his cohorts show that they are not happy and comfortable with the relationship between the Palace of the Oba of Benin and the Presidency.
“Furthermore, shows that some disgruntled elements like Eranomigho have deep animosity against Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and Captain Hosa Okunbo.
“The video under reference, and all such made in similar vein should be seen for what they really are, as they seek to propagate ‘fake news’, misinformation, disaffection, and misrepresentation for their own selfish and mischievous intentions.
READ ALSO: My position on Edo politics, by Oba of Benin
“The recent fake news is akin to an audio one that claimed HIS ROYAL MAJESTY has directed all Bini people not to sweep their homes for three days in order to avoid the coronavirus pandemic which they knew very well was contrary to keeping everywhere disinfected as well as hand washing, using hand sanitizers and practicing social distancing protocols, all part or the NCDC PANDEMIC PREVENTION MEASURES. We also had to rebuild that immediately.
“The antecedents of social media rats and their roguish antics and activities are a global malaise, and should not be taken seriously by rational, reasonable and responsible members of society as their action is driven by their quest to satisfy their hunger and their desperation to scrounge for a means of livelihood.
“We wish to reassure His Excellency, the President or the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and aa mentioned in the Video that they enjoy the confidence and goodwill or His Royal Majesty, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II, Oba of Benin.
“We use this medium to sound a note of caution to members of the public to totally disregard and discountenance the statements made in the said video and to further warn that this attempt and similar attempts to bring the Palace of the Oba of Benin and the revered institution of the Benin monarchy into disrepute shall be met stiffly within the parameters of the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the traditional processes or the Benin Kingdom.
“Eranomigho and his cohorts are hereby reminded that there is an ancestral curse on anyone who attempts to tarnish the image of the Oba of Benin and the ancient Throne of Benin Kingdom. The Benin Traditional Council hereby demands an unreserved apology from Eranomigho in other to avert the consequences”.
Source: The Nation Online Nigeria
What will make you commit suicide?
- Jada Pinkett Smith Allegedly Spoiled August Alsina With Gifts and Ended Things After He Demanded They Go Public
- Help my daughter out of this pain, mother of ailing girl begs Nigerians
- Why PDP Is Fully Behind Obaseki, Tambuwal Reveals
- Tiwa Savage Shares “No Make Up” Photo And She Still looks Amazing (Photo)
- Watch Governor Ikpeazu Play Table-Tennis In Quarantine
- ‘This Could Have Been You And Olakunle Churchill’- Actor Trolls Tonto Dikeh After Regina Daniels Gave Birth For Ned Nwoko
- See How Nwankwo Kanu Proposed To His Wife The First Time They Met (Photo)
- Jay-Z Proposed to Beyoncé Because He Was Worried About Losing Her (Again)
- ‘You Mean Everything to Me’ – D’banj Melts Hearts As He Celebrates His 5th Anniversary With Romantic Message
- Tinubu Reveals Why APC Caretaker Committee Visited Him
- Which ‘Pitch Perfect’ Co-Star Does Anna Kendrick Want to Serenade Her?
- D’banj celebrates 4th wedding anniversary with wife Didi Lineo
- Beef: “Cubana Chiefpriest, You Are A Dirty Lowlife Doing Boy Boy At A Club” – Linda Ikeji’s Sister, Sandra Sends Cubana Chiefpriest To Deep Sleep (Photo)
- ‘The Challenge 35’: Kyle Christie Claims Production Allowed Two Winners So [Spoiler] Could Win
- Trump calls family of teen killed in lawless Seattle ‘CHOP’ zone
- ‘Dexter’: The Alternate Ending Makes So Much More Sense to Viewers
- Brie Larson Reveals How ‘Captain Marvel’ Changed Her Life and It’ll Give You Chills
- Texas woman charged in connection to murder of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- All the places Ghislaine Maxwell was rumored to be laying low
- Yoenis Cespedes’ long-awaited return gives Mets DH bonanza
- Dbanj Rape Allegation: Nigerians react after Segalink revealed police didn’t detain Seyitan
- How the Swamp mucked up America’s coronavirus response
- 40 COVID-19 Patients Discharged After Full Recovery In Lagos
- PIX11 news anchor Tamsen Fadal engaged to Debmar-Mercury’s Ira Bernstein
- Dangote Cement raises N250b via debt market in 6 months
- “More Nigerians In Dubai To Be Arrested By Interpol” – Kemi Olunloyo
- South Sudan leader urged to appoint women leaders
- Insecurity: Igbo groups declare support for Buhari, Service Chiefs, say leadership need consolidation not distraction
- Zidane wants Messi to stay in Spain despite Barcelona exit claims
- Nigerian troops bomb Boko Haram’s meeting venue, kill scores of terrorists [VIDEO]
- 28- year-old woman convicted for luring her three siblings into prostitution
- IPOB Urges Christians To Stand Against Plot To Islamize Nigeria
- Ex-CBN Director tasks FG on ailing refineries
- Governor Akeredolu’s Wife & Her Security Aides Test Positive For COVID-19
- #Coronavirus: A guide to your potential holiday destinations
- Akinyele killings: Declare state of emergency in security – NGO, traditionalists tell Makinde
- Kate Middleton Shares One Major Similarity With Prince Philip
- Online schism divides Harry Potter lovers after fan sites distance themselves from ‘transphobic’ J.K. Rowling — Warritatafo
- Late Ondo health commissioner to be buried today
- Lagos govt seals 10 private schools for holding lessons
- Pastor drags 12 -year- old into an uncompleted building and raped her
- #BBNaija: “When Venita came in through the door, I felt she was an angel sent to me, she’s my perfect spec” – Frodd (Video)
- Watchdog groups look to strip Cuomo of emergency coronavirus powers
- Post COVID-19: Nation’s economy thrives more on taxation not oil ― Commissioner
- Nigerian pastor caught while trying to sleep with a married woman, disgraced (video)
- “My husband will pay my bride price twice because I am tear rubber” – #BBNaija’s Thelma
- Man arraigned for attempting to rape neigbour in Osun
- Flight Resumption: Aides of VIPs, others will not enter Nigerian airports – Minister
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Is Caesar Mack Still Sending Maria Money?
- How man impregnated 14-year-old girl, threw baby in bush
- Two robbers sentenced to death for killing a couple in Kwara
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Conrad Empson Revs up Fitness Studio for New Business
- Tacha reveals two female Nigerian celebrities who influenced her life
- Ooni of Ife adopts and gives scholarship to son of corn seller who drew his portrait
- New Song And Video: Dotman – Feelings