Sterling Bank Plc has identified business opportunities which customers can leverage to meet their needs in various sectors of the Nigerian economy post-COVID-19.
The bank rolled out the opportunities at its virtual town-hall meeting/webinar series held by the Commercial Banking Group (Eastern region) recently and hosted by Mr. Tunde Adeola, its Executive Director, Commercial Banking, with participants drawn from customers in the Southeast, Midwest and South-South region who play in different sectors of the economy from general commerce to health, agric, education, manufacturing, oil &gas, transportation and construction, among others.
Speaking on health and new educational opportunities, Mr. Obinna Ukachukwu, Divisional Head, Health and Education Sector of the Bank, said the Nigerian educational system would change dramatically post COVID-19 as it had thrown up opportunities for online learning.
He said, going forward, there would be a need for portions of the educational curriculum to be online so that pupils and students could learn by watching educational videos online over and over.
Ukachukwu also talked about franchising opportunities, noting that there will be opportunities for partnerships with other educational institutions to enhance competition as well as consolidation of operations to drive down costs.
He added that the bank would position its customers to effectively access funding that will enable them to maximise opportunities in the changing environment post COVID-19.
He advised pharmaceutical companies to pool resources together to produce general drugs and consolidate their operations. He also advised consolidation in the hospital value chain, open Electronic Management Records (EMR) and making EMR mandatory for hospitals arguing that hospitals without EMR would likely lose patients.
He advised the citizenry to download Tremendoc App, a health app, to enable them to gain access to medical consultancy online also stressed the need to fund EMRs.
Also speaking, Mrs. Bukola Awosanya, Group Head, Agric & Solid Minerals Sectors of the bank, who spoke on Agric Finance and agribusiness opportunities noted that Nigerians should be able to grow what they eat, adding that Sterling Bank has what it takes to support farmers and other stakeholders across the agric value chain.
Awosanya observed that there are huge opportunities for agricultural development in the South East of the country because the soil profile in the area could easily support the production of cash crops like cashew and oil palm which are in high demand in the export market.
She said the region is also able to provide opportunities for rice plantation and processing as well as large mechanised farming, including cassava chips for export and local consumption or industrial use of cassava starch. She added that opportunities to process cocoa into cake and butter are equally available in the region.
According to her, the region also has opportunities for poultry, hatcheries and egg production as well as access to market.
Awosanya said the bank has provided warehousing facilities across the country to enable farmers to warehouse their produce, obtain receipts for them which they can convert to liquidity and sell when they want.
She also talked about smart agriculture, aquaculture value chain, agro-e-commerce and financing solutions provided by the bank to meet the financial needs of prospective and existing customers from the region.
Mr. Nyong Inwang of the Transaction Banking department of Sterling Bank, who spoke on Supply Chain Finance Opportunities, encouraged distributors and suppliers who are customers of the bank to leverage the opportunities to meet their needs.
He said the bank’s distributors’ finance scheme provides customers with working capital, partner with them to take advantage of opportunities to enable them to have quick access to finance under 72 hours of up to N500 million at competitive interest rates and also by lending through Specta.
Abidemi Asunmo, Head, Transactions Banking Collections of Sterling Bank, who spoke on Digital Solutions & Opportunities talked about increased need for digitisation, global and real time visibility, uniform control over account of clients, how clients can be paid faster, visualisation and re-imagination solutions and flexibility on how to meet clients’mandates.
Source: Vanguard News
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- LEAKED: Alleged Audio of Niger Delta Minister Godswill Akpabio offering ₦70Million for Bombing of Pipelines ( Listen)
- Labour Minister, Ngige Padded NSITF Budget With N1.2 Billion, 5 SUVs, Installed Ex-Lover As New ED – Nelson
- FG agreed To Pay Salaries Of Private School Teachers -Yomi Otubela
- BBN: Nina Ivy And Her Husband Celebrates Their Son, Denzel Kelechukwu (Photo)
- 10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers, Monday morning, July 13, 2020
- There Is A Plot To Cause Crisis In Iruland – Oniru Cries Out
- Mercy Aigbe, Others Congratulate Ini Edo Over Akwa-Ibom State Re-Appointment
- #Anambra: Man’s body found in a bush with his hands and legs tied (graphic photos)
- Mike Edwards And His Pregnant Wife, Perri Enjoys Vacation In Spain (Photos)
- Yawa Burst! Toke Makinwa Gives A Savage Reply To A Doctor Who Disrespected Her On Twitter
- NSCDC arrests 8 suspects, intercepts 3 motorcycles in Oyo [PHOTOS]
- Protests rock Ondo PDP secretariat over alleged manipulation of delegates’ list
- Nicola Peltz wears Victoria Beckham dress for engagement photos with Brooklyn
- Who is Jimmy’s Girlfriend Mia on ‘Yellowstone’? Meet Eden Brolin
- “I have your mate at home that I am taking care of” – Thelma slams woman who called her an “unfortunate celebrity”
- “Did Your Husband Beat You Again” Reactions as Mercy Aigbe Shares new pictures with stitches on her head (PICS)
- “Stop exposing your personal pregnancy life on social media” – Kemi Olunloyo reacts to the death of Nicole Thea
- ‘Chief Hunter’, Maigiwa Abducted in Borno
- Fear Allah, 550 Billion Recovered Loot Is 100% Domicile In CBN And It Doesn’t Generate Interest – Magu
- BREAKING: UEFA Lifts Champions League Ban Against Manchester City
- Bobrisky’s Contender posts Picture Of Himself In Wedding Gown
- Amber Heard allegedly threw ‘haymaker’ at Johnny Depp after he lost $750M
- Native doctor spotted taking his ‘girlfriend’ shopping in Benin (Video)
- “Dating a yahoo boy is the most dangerous thing any girl should indulge in” – Lady narrates how her boyfriend almost used her for money ritual in Asaba
- Kanu has been vindicated by Magu’s suspension — IPOB
- Gov. Cuomo produces old-school poster glorifying coronavirus response
- Christine Quinn reveals Justin Hartley, Chrishell Stause went to therapy before split
- Video: Fresh trouble for Magu
- Human Rights Group charges President Buhari to sack Akpabio, Malami
- Singer Waje Weighs In On Nigerian Men Who Won’t Allow Their Widowed Mothers Remarry
- Kansas father, girlfriend charged in murder of his 3-year-old daughter
- Omo-Agege explains reasons for passing Sexual Harassment bill into law
- Alaska Airlines flight turns around after passenger threatens to ‘kill everybody’
- Giants won’t sign Leonard Williams to long-term contract extension
- Edo: Mass defection from APC, signpost of defeat for Ize-Iyamu ― PDP
- Police nab man for allegedly raping minor after buying N20 sachet water
- Dale Resteghini says he’s gotten death threats over controversial new project
- DJ Cuppy Shares Release Date For New Song, “Jollof On The Jet”
- Northern House of Assembly speakers lament security situation in region
- Weinstein’s accusers want federal judge to block global settlement
- NAPTIP rescues 107 human trafficking victims at Kano airport
- Nigeria: The Problem of Memory
- Brooklyn Beckham’s fiancée Nicola Peltz comes from billions
- Devastated 4-year-old loses it over lack of ‘fun’ during pandemic lockdown
- Video: News Round Up
- U.S.-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi
- Vandal dumps red paint on ‘Black Lives Matter’ mural outside Trump Tower
- I’m Two Weeks Pregnant – Bobrisky Reveals He’s Pregnant
- Kano Emirate bans indiscriminate horse riding
- Cuomo says Trump’s handling of COVID-19 makes Richard Nixon ‘look innocent’
- Nigeria’s stock market opens week with N55bn loss
- Lawmaker calls on Senators, Reps to shelve annual recess for electoral, constitutional reforms
- Does ‘Foodie Love’ Signal HBO Max’s Spanish Programming Ambitions?
- ‘Star Wars’ animated series ‘The Bad Batch’ coming to Disney+
- Jason Oppenheim getting hundreds of resumés after ‘Selling Sunset’