Unity bank closed the year with a 39 per cent increase in total assets to N293 billion from N210 billion in 2018 following an impressive performance in gross loans and advances to customers and customers’ deposits.
Kolawole said: “We have been able to move our loan trajectory. We have also been able to move from N9 billion in 2017 to N44 billion in 2018. It also increased to N104 billion in 2019.
“Between 2018 and 2019, we have about 104 per cent growth in our loans and that has helped us deliver value and meet the expectation of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in terms of Loan-to-Deposit ratio.”
He explained further that “we have supported key real sector most especially the agriculture sector despite the low yield, we are proud of ourselves for supporting that sector.
“We made sure to give attention to the production of rice, maize among others. We partnered with the farmers to deliver excellent services to the agriculture sector.”
The CBN had mandated commercial banks to lend 65 per cent of the deposit to support real sectors of the economy and Unity Bank last year did a loan of about N104 billion, 136 per cent increase over N44 billion reported in 2018.
Unity Bank’s Customers’ deposits also rose by 104 per cent to N257.69 billion in 2019 from N126.21 billion reported in 2018.
Kolawole further noted that customers’ savings continued to improve on a daily basis as the management continued to deliver products that meet the savings needs of Nigerians.
“To be able to win more savers in this magnitude, it takes a lot of effort. We delivered customer-centric products that met their needs.”
This reflected increased customer confidence, enhanced customer experience early wins from the ongoing business transformation programme and the deepening of its retail banking franchise.
Source: Vanguard News
What will make you commit suicide?
- Message to Goodluck Jonathan: Assassins’ll attempt your life this year but’ll fail — Prophet Serimoedumu
- Otedola hosts DJ Cuppy, Temi and boyfriend, Mr Eazi in London (Video)
- Tijani Oniru, one of the sons of late Oba of Oniru attacked by “security men” (video)
- ‘Putin’s limo brand’ Aurus sedan gets smashed in epic crash test — Warritatafo
- Davido’s cousin Adenike receives a Benz as graduation gift from her dad
- Some Rescued Chibok Girls Frustrated, Abandoned, Dropped Out Of School – MBF
- Top NYPD cops call for Manhattan DA Cy Vance to appear at shooting scenes
- Watch Vanguard’s top stories in 60 seconds
- Nigeria records more COVID-19 cases as death toll rises to 645
- Davido’s cousin, Adenike Adeleke, receives a Benz as graduation gift from her dad
- Two die in Anambra cult clash
- Bobrisky speaks Igbo, threatens to slap small boys who sends him DM professing their love(video)
- Alleged poisoning: Family member reveals real cause of Deborah’s death
- The Royal Family Was Alarmed by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Spending Habits, Source Reveals
- Ajimobi’s fidau: Family denies Oyo dep gov access
- Sergio Ramos Talks On Referees Assisting Real Madrid To Stay Top Of LA LIGA Table
- The Rock Suffered a Tragic Loss With the Unexpected Death Of His Legendary Dad Rocky Johnson
- ‘The View’: Meghan McCain Reacts to Kanye West 2020 Presidential Run Announcement
- This is irresponsible and reckless- PDP knocks APC for calling for an investigation into Hushpuppi’s alleged links with some of its members
- Naira Marley reacts to viral video of an elderly man singing one of his songs
- Nigerian Man praises Hushpuppi in his latest post on Instagram
- Ned Nwoko Gifts Regina Daniels Brand New Bentley After Giving Birth (Video)
- Why Did Jessica Capshaw Leave ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ as Arizona Robbins?
- Kendall Jenner Looks Like a ‘Mean Girl’ on Instagram
- Gunmen kill 2, abduct APC chieftain, 9 others in Katsina
- Feminism: I don’t hate Men, I just hate their Privileges – Toke Makinwa
- Frederick Douglass statue vandalized in upstate NY park on anniversary of speech
- Lena Dunham Was Awkwardly Fired From HBO Before Landing ‘Girls’
- ‘Kimmy vs. The Reverend’: Why Star Ellie Kemper Says the Special ‘Went There In Terms of Trauma’
- Regina Daniel’s baby named “Nollywood baby of the year” as ‘Actors Guild of Nigeria’ visits their home (Video)
- ”Na everything 3 months she dey find love” – Nigerians React To Photo Of Nkechi Blessing And Her NEW Boyfriend
- Wembley deaths: Man in court accused of sisters’ murder
- Barcelona President Speaks On Lionel Messi Leaving Club
- EPL: Chelsea suffer triple injury blow ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- Actor Richard Mofe-Damijo shares hot photos to mark his 59th Birthday
- Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos announces date for commencement of maintenance work
- Pictures of the Metropolitan Correctional Center In Chicago Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held
- EPL: Fernandinho congratulates Southampton after 1-0 defeat, advises Guardiola’s men
- Fire razed Kano Power Substation
- Kogi Gov Reacts To Death Of State’s Chief Judge, Nasiru
- EPL: Raul Jimenez told to leave Wolves for Man Utd
- Fatal lightning strikes plaguing India claim over 147 lives in 10 days, situation expected to worsen — Warritatafo
- Regina Daniels’ baby named “Nollywood baby of the year” as ”AGN” visits their home (Video)
- Nigerian troops nab Boko Haram commander wives, spy
- “Homosexuality was not a crime in Africa before the colonisers came”- Bisi Alimi gay rights activist
- Third Mainland Bridge may face closure as FG plans to resume repairs
- Dogs receive training to sniff out coronavirus infections
- Ogun COVID-19 cases hit 1005 – State govt
- Ondo SSG, Abegunde, Resigns his Appointment
- 2020 Hajj: Saudi announces rules, bans gatherings
- LaLiga: Barcelona speaks on Messi leaving Nou Camp
- Hushpuppi: $15.3m stolen by Woodberry from US companies may not be recovered- FBI hints
- Yung6ix Calls Out Bankulli For Charging Artists To Meet With Kanye West (Video)
- Lala Akindoju Criticizes Actors Guild Of Nigeria For Visiting Regina Daniels
- Benue State Governor, Ortom Mourns As 23 Die In Boat Mishap