Some couples in the 90-Day Fiancé franchise are enduring and fan favorites. On the other hand, some you love to hate. Two such couples have been a part of the franchise. Stephanie Matto and Erika Owens first appeared on season four of 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days and were the franchise’s first same-sex couple. This couple had a drama-filled relationship, and in the end, fans were disappointed. However, in season two of 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way, viewers were introduced to Armando Rubio and Kenneth Niedermeier.
Fans were hopeful once again, as stated on Reddit. One fan posted, “Armando and Kenneth are everything the gay community deserves after the train wreck we watched last season.”
Stephanie and Erika- the First LGBTQ Couple on ’90 Days’
Stephanie Matto is a YouTuber from Yonkers, New York. She met Erika Owens, a photographer from Australia online. The two started dating, and Stephanie decided to visit Erika. As an article on ET points out, Stephanie’s mother, who she is close to, didn’t know Stephanie was in a relationship with a woman, which ended up being a problem throughout the relationship. In addition to this, Stephanie didn’t show a lot of affection and wasn’t as intimate.
Her lack of love caused viewers to question Stephanie’s sexuality. Some fans took to social media and accused her of only going on the show for fame. Stephanie admitted she was more conservative in person than how she portrayed herself online. During Stephanie’s visit, they continuously fought about Stephanie being uncomfortable around Erika and her friends. She was also jealous, insecure, and felt Erika was pressuring her to come out to her mother. The two eventually had an explosive breakup on the show.
Armando and Kenneth’s Relationship
Kenneth, from St. Petersburg, Florida, and Armando, from San Felipe, Mexico, are the first same-sex male couple to star on the 90-Day franchise. Kenneth, a 57-year-old dad with children all in their 20s and one grandson, met 31-year-old Armando, a father with a six-year-old daughter, on a social media group for gay dads. The two became fast friends and were able to meet up when Kenneth went to Mexico for a friend’s wedding. After this, the two fell deeply in love, and fans are smitten with their story.
One fan on Reddit said, “Not enough Kenny and Armando this episode, although like a lot of people I’m fully expecting some horrible twist to come down the pike with them. Honestly, the most shocking plot development would be if their story stays wholesome all the way through.” Fans believe in this couple and are rooting for them to last.
You would think the age difference would cause some issues, but the two don’t seem fazed. The only friction the two may experience would come from Armando’s parents. Armando found the courage to tell them once before, but unfortunately, they just dismissed him. He decided to try again on the show. His mother cried, and his father was just stone-faced.
On the other hand, Kenneth had a different experience when he came out to his parents. He was unsure how they would react to his coming out, but they were incredibly supportive. Kenneth’s kids are upset about him moving to Mexico and leaving them behind, but they’re happy that he has found love.
Where Are They Now?
Stephanie Matto and Erika Owens had a very public and explosive break up on the show. Erika came out to her family on the show, while Stephanie was visiting. However, Stephanie was unable to do the same during filming but has since come out to her mother. Erika is currently single, and the two are not on speaking terms.
As for Armando and Kenneth, it’s unclear if they are still together. The couple did an interview together in the same room with Entertainment Tonight, which is a good sign. Fans still find these two inspirational, and they remain hopeful. One fan said, “hopefully, they will work, eventually move to the USA and be a stable enough couple that they can join the pillow talk team.”
Source: Showbiz Cheat Sheet
What will make you commit suicide?
- Jada Pinkett Smith Allegedly Spoiled August Alsina With Gifts and Ended Things After He Demanded They Go Public
- Help my daughter out of this pain, mother of ailing girl begs Nigerians
- Tiwa Savage Shares “No Make Up” Photo And She Still looks Amazing (Photo)
- Why PDP Is Fully Behind Obaseki, Tambuwal Reveals
- Watch Governor Ikpeazu Play Table-Tennis In Quarantine
- ‘This Could Have Been You And Olakunle Churchill’- Actor Trolls Tonto Dikeh After Regina Daniels Gave Birth For Ned Nwoko
- See How Nwankwo Kanu Proposed To His Wife The First Time They Met (Photo)
- Jay-Z Proposed to Beyoncé Because He Was Worried About Losing Her (Again)
- ‘You Mean Everything to Me’ – D’banj Melts Hearts As He Celebrates His 5th Anniversary With Romantic Message
- Tinubu Reveals Why APC Caretaker Committee Visited Him
- Which ‘Pitch Perfect’ Co-Star Does Anna Kendrick Want to Serenade Her?
- Beef: “Cubana Chiefpriest, You Are A Dirty Lowlife Doing Boy Boy At A Club” – Linda Ikeji’s Sister, Sandra Sends Cubana Chiefpriest To Deep Sleep (Photo)
- Snapping turtle bites guy who just wanted a kiss
- ‘The Challenge 35’: Kyle Christie Claims Production Allowed Two Winners So [Spoiler] Could Win
- Trump calls family of teen killed in lawless Seattle ‘CHOP’ zone
- D’banj celebrates 4th wedding anniversary with wife Didi Lineo
- ‘Dexter’: The Alternate Ending Makes So Much More Sense to Viewers
- Brie Larson Reveals How ‘Captain Marvel’ Changed Her Life and It’ll Give You Chills
- Texas woman charged in connection to murder of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- ‘Teen Mom 2’: Jenelle Evans Denies Ex’s Claims That David Eason Abused Her Son and Left Bruises
- All the places Ghislaine Maxwell was rumored to be laying low
- Yoenis Cespedes’ long-awaited return gives Mets DH bonanza
- Dbanj Rape Allegation: Nigerians react after Segalink revealed police didn’t detain Seyitan
- How the Swamp mucked up America’s coronavirus response
- 40 COVID-19 Patients Discharged After Full Recovery In Lagos
- #Coronavirus: A guide to your potential holiday destinations
- Akinyele killings: Declare state of emergency in security – NGO, traditionalists tell Makinde
- Kate Middleton Shares One Major Similarity With Prince Philip
- Online schism divides Harry Potter lovers after fan sites distance themselves from ‘transphobic’ J.K. Rowling — Warritatafo
- Late Ondo health commissioner to be buried today
- Lagos govt seals 10 private schools for holding lessons
- Pastor drags 12 -year- old into an uncompleted building and raped her
- #BBNaija: “When Venita came in through the door, I felt she was an angel sent to me, she’s my perfect spec” – Frodd (Video)
- Watchdog groups look to strip Cuomo of emergency coronavirus powers
- Post COVID-19: Nation’s economy thrives more on taxation not oil ― Commissioner
- Nigerian pastor caught while trying to sleep with a married woman, disgraced (video)
- “My husband will pay my bride price twice because I am tear rubber” – #BBNaija’s Thelma
- Man arraigned for attempting to rape neigbour in Osun
- Flight Resumption: Aides of VIPs, others will not enter Nigerian airports – Minister
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Is Caesar Mack Still Sending Maria Money?
- How man impregnated 14-year-old girl, threw baby in bush
- Two robbers sentenced to death for killing a couple in Kwara
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Conrad Empson Revs up Fitness Studio for New Business
- Tacha reveals two female Nigerian celebrities who influenced her life
- Ooni of Ife adopts and gives scholarship to son of corn seller who drew his portrait
- New Song And Video: Dotman – Feelings
- We’ve no differences to sort out in APC — Tinubu
- Current dominant strain of COVID-19 more infectious than original ― Study
- 193 Almajiri children test positive for Coronavirus in Kano
- Fulani: Christians must standup against Jihadist soldiers out to Islamize Nigeria – IPOB
- D’banj celebrates 4th wedding anniversary with wife Didi Lineo
- Jurgen Klopp defends Liverpool’s attitude after 4-0 loss at Manchester City
- Oil Workers Plans To Shut Sector Over Unfair Labour Practices
- My skin is popping – Tiwa Savage gushes over herself as she shares no makeup photo
- FCT announces another COVID-19 death, 85 new cases