Chelsea bound Timo Werner has suggested that several top European clubs were chasing his signature before he opted to make the switch to Stamford Bridge.
The German rounded off his four-year spell at RB Leipzig with a match-winning brace at Augsburg on Saturday, taking his Bundesliga goalscoring tally up to 28 for the season as Die Roten Bullen finished 16 points behind champions Bayern Munich in third.
Werner agreed to join Chelsea at the start month and recently confirmed he won’t take part in Leipzig’s Champions League campaign in August. Instead, he’ll join up with Frank Lampard’s squad on 1 July.
And in a recent interview with German news outlet Sportbuzzer, Werner revealed his decision to join the Blues was a relatively simple one, despite attracting the interest of Europe’s elite.
“I agreed a few weeks ago,” he said. “The whole thing was quite unproblematic because I had a lot of time to think about it before the Corona [virus] period.
“It’s no secret that there were several offers.”
When asked about a potential move to other reported suitors – namely Manchester United, Liverpool and Inter – the 24-year-old replied: “It could have been. There were some top clubs that fought for me. The entire Chelsea London package was the best for me, my game and my career.
“The game is played more often in England than in Germany, so there is not much time left for training. But it’s true: I still have to prove myself and go full throttle.”
Despite his imminent arrival in west London, Werner won’t be legible to represent the Blues until next season.
Nevertheless, the announcement of the deal for the Germany international kickstarted a fantastic month for Chelsea fans.
The Blues have won three out of three since their return to action, including an impressive 2-1 victory against Manchester City and a 1-0 win at Leicester which secured progression into the FA Cup semi-finals, where they’ll take on United next month.
Source: Vanguard News
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Danjuma Breaks Silence On Frozen Account After Magu Arrest
- Embattled EFCC boss, Magu, threatens hunger strike
- “It Is Not My Fault Multichoice Wanted Me To Be on So Many Episodes, I’m Blessed” – KimOprah Reacts To Critics
- Ned Nwoko is NOT The Father Of Regina Daniels Baby – Her Ex-Boyfriend Exposes The UNTOLD TRUTH
- Mercy Johnson and Other Top Nigerian Celebrities Killed Simi Duduke Challenge
- Popular Nigerian Celebrity Stumbles Over His Words On Simi’s Latest Slaying Photo
- See Ini Edo’s Reaction To Sick Ufuoma and Other Celebrities Who Cried Out For Medical Attention
- See Ini Edo’s beautiful sister who is beautiful as she is
- We’re afraid to confront Lucifer, Church of Satan founder —Abia community residents
- What will you tell Yahoo boys,Reno ask Magu
- Instagram influencer, Poshnicki in tears as trailer crushes her less than 2-month-old SUV
- Funke Akindele did not buy me a house – Pa James Ajirebi cries out in new Video, spills the truth of what Funke Akindele did (VIDEO)
- Actress, Linda Ejiofor welcomes baby with her husband Ibrahim Suleiman
- Naira Marley Signs Emo Grae To Marlian Music
- Italy bans entry from 13 countries over COVID-19 fears
- Hot Music: The Sarz Academy Ft. Wizkid & Sarz – Hold Me
- Top 10 Most Followed African Celebrities on Instagram
- Rapper, Pop Smoke’s social media led killers to LA home after he posted his address online by mistake
- Everything you need to know about today’s Champions League & Europa League draw
- BREAKING: Prominent Lagos Politician, Tunde Buraimoh is Dead
- Church of Satan denies Abia’s Lucifer
- EFCC: Magu clears air on N4bn allegedly given to Osinbajo
- Full List Of Champions League Draw
- IMPEACHMENT: Set up panel to probe Ondo dep gov, Assembly tells chief judge
- SEE The Popular Nigerian Personality Behind The Reason People Are Doing “Don’t Leave Me” Challenge
- Muji files for US bankruptcy in latest coronavirus casualty
- “Thank you Allah for saving my life” – Yoruba Actor, Mustapha Sholagbade, recounts ordeal as he leaves Hospital, thanks Femi Adebayo, Bimpe Oyebade (PICS)
- Breaking: Buhari signs N10.8 trillion revised budget into law
- Daisy Edgar-Jones Finally Celebrated The Success of ‘Normal People’ In Public — And With a Guinness, No Less
- Osinbajo needs to resign first before suing me – Jackson Ude
- #Coronavirus: 499 new cases of COVID-19 cases recorded in Nigeria
- Lagos House of Assembly member, Tunde Braimoh dies
- “You are a fool if your orientation as a cultist is to kill another man”- rapper Vector
- Download Korede Bello – Morire Mp3
- Ibrahim Magu quizzed over 380 houses, 7 crude oil-laden ships, N37bn Assets
- Young girl in severe pain after her aunt poured hot water on her in Kogi State (photos)
- Steven Gerrard tore pen!s during a match so badly it left Doctor shocked
- UCL: Man City To Face Juve Or Lyon If They Pass Madrid Test
- Sexual Harassment Bill, A welcome Development — Media Women Forum
- Johnny Depp called Amber Heard a ‘50 cent stripper’ in texts to friend
- Fatal ‘unknown Pneumonia’ deadlier than Coronavirus breaks out in Kazakhstan
- EPL: Gary Neville compares Greenwood to Martial, Rashford
- UEFA Europa League quarter-finals, semi-finals, final draws out
- New Movies + Shows to Watch this Weekend: ‘Palm Springs’ on Hulu + More
- Moment Naya Rivera and son arrived Lake Piru before her disappearance (Video)
- 20 deals on resistance bands, a rowing machine and more to help you get your workout on at home
- Ondo CJ Rejects Assembly’s Request To Probe Akeredolu’s deputy
- Amazing Painting Of Sarkodie From Talented Ghanaian Painter
- Osinbajo’s daughter, Kiki clears air on alleged ownership of N800m property in Abuja
- Ondo Chief Judge Rejects Assembly’s Request to Set Up Probe Panel To Investigate Deputy Governor
- Man remanded for allegedly raping, impregnating physically challenged girl
- UEFA Champions League quarter-finals, semi-finals, final draws out
- Oyo govt discharges 23 COVID-19 patients, confirms 20 deaths
- Buhari Has Been Fair To The Igbos Despite Low Votes – Femi Adesina
- Trump says he’ll wear a mask on trip to Walter Reed medical center