SIR: This is a suggestion for producers of sachet milk and other similar products.
During this period of growing infection rate of the Coronavirus, the importance of making products such as sachet milk easier to open by making slits on the top edge/s of the sachet, to prevent people from attempting to open the sachet using their teeth cannot be over emphasised.
It is all too common for one to open the sachet of milk using the teeth, momentarily forgetting the possibility of getting infected with the Coronavirus.
The milk sachet usually passes through the hands of different people before it gets to the final consumer. When money exchanges hands during the process of selling the milk, the hands are not usually washed beforehand.
Also, it is possible that the retailer might sneeze or cough into his/her hands while handling the milk sachet, or displaying it for sale, and not wash the hands thereafter.
There is also the possibility that even the money that changes hands during sales might have been touched by someone who has coughed or sneezed into his hands, before handing the milk sachet.
And then, one who has bought the sachet to make a cup of tea will, usually absent-mindedly, open the milk sachet with the teeth. This is all too common, especially among children, and even adults too.
Therefore, the manufacturers are advised to make a little cut/slit on the top edges of the milk sachets to make it easier for the consumers to open using their fingers, instead of their teeth.
I have tried of recent to contact the customer care numbers of some of the manufacturers on this to no avail. Indeed, my calls to one customer care line (printed on the sachet) met with an auto response asking me to leave a message, along with my contact details.
Up till this time of writing, I am yet to receive any form of feedback from them, hence my resort to this medium.
The idea is for the producers and others who manufacture similar products to make the needed changes/improvements to make it easier and safer to open their products, now that the Coronavirus is on rampage.
I hope they consider doing this for the sake of their consumers.
- Daniel Ighakpe, FESTAC Town, Lagos.
Source: The Nation Online Nigeria
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Why Ex-President, Obasanjo Shut Door Against Mourners At Mother-In-Law’s Funeral
- Leave Nnamdi Kanu Alone, Go and Fight Herdsmen Terrorising Our Land – Group Tells Ohanaeze
- Rear Admiral Onubi’s Daughter, Driver Ambushed And Killed By Gunmen
- Professor in Argentina offers bonus to students who can ‘find a poor Jew’
- Download Sarz Ft. Zlatan – Ma Lo Wa Mp3
- Download Sarz Ft. Wizkid – Hold Me Mp3
- Mixed Reactions Follows Agbani Darego’s Recent Looks
- IGP Adamu orders redeployment of mobile police officers
- Ned Nwoko takes new mom, Regina Daniels, her co-wife and his kids on a shopping spree (video)
- Why we donated lecture theatre worth N63.2M to management – ASUU, UniJos
- Police Withdraw Magu’s Security As Family Raises Alarm Over Safety
- Doctors pull 1.5-inch worm from woman’s tonsils after she ate sashimi
- How I had my first s.ex in the first class section of a plane – Bobrisky
- Download Do2dtun Ft. Olamide x Pepenazi – Afrobeat To The World Mp3
- Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari For Cancelling WAEC Not Elections
- Champions League: Man City could face Juventus or Lyon in quarter-finals
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Confirm August Alsina Affair Rumors
- Meet Prophetess Mary Olubori, the woman who allegedly sells her saliva for N550,000 to her church members (VIDEO)
- We used Dasuki’s name to defraud contractor of N25m — Suspect
- SARS officers seen harassing motorist and passersby in Warri( video)
- Debunked: Victoria’s Secret RFID technology is not used to track customers
- Five things to know about new EFCC acting Chairman, Mohammed Umar
- Ghanaian Comedian dumps Bible and Quran into the toilet, calls them slave manual
- Did Don Jazzy beat you? – Fans react as Rema shares New Photo
- Prophetess Mary Olubori allegedly selling her saliva to her members for N550,000
- MLB 2020 coronavirus effect: No easy way to talk about it
- Let’s forget Ethnicity or religion and choose the right person for 2023 Presidency – Prof Ango Abdullahi
- Will Smith’s Jada Pinkett admits romantic relationship with August Alsina
- One can thrive in many fields by constantly evolving — Asiricomedy
- EFCC under Magu was a citadel, a cesspool, a cathedral and castle of corruption —Senator Shehu Sani
- Trump confirms 2018 US cyberattack against Russia
- COVID-19 Social distancing flouted as Nigeria’s Attorney-General, Malami, Buys Multi-million Naira Mansion For Newly married son
- Taming the conundrum of pension fraud in Imo
- The many challenges of being Governor Obianos spokesman — James Eze
- Reps disagree with education minister, reject cancellation of WASSCE
- MDAs to get 50% allocation this month as Buhari signs N10.8trn 2020 revised budget
- CSOs raise alarm over genetically-engineered mosquitoes in Nigeria
- Tension In Aso Rock, Panic Everywhere as NFIU office burgled, computers taken away
- NDDC N40bn Probe: Check abuses of NDDC budget procedures, Akpabio tells Senate
- Magu shuns police cell, sleeps in mosque
- Nets’ Rodions Kurucs will be relied on to help fill power forward hole
- EPL: Peter Crouch names clubs to challenge Liverpool for title next season
- 1966 still haunts Nigeria —Toe Ekechi
- Magu to answer links with Bureau De Change over N336bn, $435m, 14m Euros
- Ugwuanyi inaugurates Advisory Committee on community policing
- National Consultative Front, NCF and the emerging pattern of politics, politicking and politricks
- Who really are we?
- Police seize rifle of St. Louis couple filmed waving guns with at BLM protesters
- Victor Osimhen linked up with a move to Premier League club Everton
- Why many college football players want fall football season
- MAGU VS MALAMI: Real reasons behind five years cold war
- Ondo Chief Judge rejects impeachment move against Deputy Governor
- Trump to sign order giving ‘road to citizenship’ to DACA recipients
- Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole, with their ilk, are expired political forces, will face defeat on sept. 19 – Osagie
- Victor Moses, Nigerian star, gets rid of his long-lasting dreadlocks