Author Dan Brown’s ex-wife has accused him in a new lawsuit of secretly siphoning off vast sums of money to conduct “sordid, extra-marital affairs” — including a dalliance with a horse trainer, according to media reports.
Blythe Brown made the salacious allegations against her ex-husband Dan Brown — whose 2003 novel “The Da Vinci Code” sold 80 million copies — in a bombshell lawsuit filed Monday in New Hampshire, The Boston Globe reported.
The pair divorced last December after more than 21 years of marriage, according to the newspaper.
Blythe alleges in the suit that her 56-year-old ex engaged in “unlawful and egregious conduct” that amounted to a “proverbial life of lies” during the final years of their union — including lavishing extravagant gifts on a Dutch horse trainer, the Globe reported.
She brought the trainer, identified by the initials JP, from Holland to the U.S. in 2013 to work with a Friesian horse the couple owned, according to the suit filed in Rockingham Superior Court.
After the pair’s divorce was finalized, Blythe alleges she learned that her then-husband had begun an affair with JP in 2014, the newspaper reported.
The trainer was recuperating from a shoulder injury in the couple’s New Hampshire at the home.
Blythe alleges that the bestselling author had diverted large sums of money from their accounts to buy the trainer a $345,000 prize-winning Friesian named “LimiTed Edition,” the report says.
He also allegedly bought his mistress a new car, a truck and paid for renovations to her Holland home, substantially reducing the marital estate, Blythe Brown argued in the suit.
After she learned of the alleged affair, she confronted her ex-husband in January 2020, according to the Globe.
“I’ve done bad things with a lot of people,” he allegedly told her, admitting he’d also had a tryst with a local hairdresser, the suit alleges.
She claims she later discovered that these weren’t his only conquests.
He’d allegedly bedded his personal trainer and a “political official” at the couple’s vacation home in Anguilla, the paper reported.
In the suit, Blythe says she played a critical part in her husband’s success as his lead researcher. She said she “developed the premise of the critical concepts, historical emphases and complex plot twists” for all his novels — including “The Da Vinci Code” which was adapted into a movie of the same name starring Tom Hanks.
The film was a box-office hit, grossing more than $760 million worldwide.
Dan Brown has frequently touted his ex-wife’s substantial role in crafting his books, the paper reported.
After he told her he was unhappy and wanted to separate, Blythe moved out of their New Hampshire home in 2018 and agreed to a quiet divorce.
In a statement to the Globe, she said it was only after they split that she learned he had allegedly been “leading a double life for years.”
She’s suing Dan for allegedly misrepresenting the couple’s assets in the divorce and for inflicting emotional distress.
Dan insisted to the paper that he accurately reported the couple’s assets in the divorce and was “stunned” by his ex-wife’s “false claims.”
“I am saddened that there is not enough goodwill from 21 years of marriage to temper her unfortunate actions,” he said in a statement.
Source: New York Post
What will make you commit suicide?
- Nigerian boy who scattered his parents house explains what actually happened
- Wonder Shall Never End – Reactions as Photo Of A Lady who Bleached All Her Face But Left The Legs goes viral (PICS)
- Wild video shows woman steal pedestrian’s sneakers, strip naked in NYC
- Bukunmi Oluwasina Looks completely different in Kunle Afolayan’s Citation Movie (VIDEO)
- “There is nowhere we want to go” – Faithia Williams speaks on how she and Ex-Hsuband, Saidi Balogun meets and why she stops kissing or playing romantic movie roles (VIDEO)
- Funke Akindele gifts Pa James a new house after his house was wrecked by flood
- “Dr Anu showed me pepper” – Botched surgery survival, Omohtee shares her story
- New Song: Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love
- UPDATE: There was no snow in Anthony Village Lagos, govt reveals what happened
- Man builds a portable mansion after being homeless for 4 years, shares inspiring story (Photos)
- Residents Panic over white substance seen at Anthony village in Lagos (Video)
- Hot Music: Saido Pee – Hello God (Prod. By Smart)
- Erigga – “AYEME” ft. Yungzee [Video + Audio]
- ‘Jersey Shore’ Star Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi’s Daughter Can Make This 1 Iconic Face Perfectly
- “Jesus did not destroy a single shrine” – Daddy Freeze frowns at demolition of church of Satan in Abia
- Daddy Freeze frowns at the demolition of a shrine & the arrest of its founder in Abia State
- Man who was homeless for 4 years finally becomes a House-owner, shares inspiring story
- Hushpuppi has reportedly tested positive for Covid-19 in prison – Kemi Olunloyo
- BREAKING: Nigerian govt postpones school resumption, 2020 WASSCE indefinitely
- Jodie Comer’s Alleged Boyfriend Has Fans Livid Because He Seems To Be a Trump Supporter
- Ivory Coast Prime Minister Coulibaly dies aged 61
- Hushpuppi allegedly tests positive to Coronavirus in US prison
- Brie Larson Is Going to Get a Lot of YouTube Hate, Fans Warn
- President Buhari replaces Akpabio , one other non-career Ambassador designate
- Hushpuppi reportedly contracts Mr Corona (photos)
- George Floyd: Officer told dying man to ‘stop yelling’
- Peru’s president calls general election for April 2021
- Liverpool boost record bid, Man City crush Newcastle
- No ‘softening’ from Liverpool as Salah keeps record chase on track
- Impotent arraigned for allegedly ‘fingering’ minor in Osun
- Gunmen kidnap ex-customary court judge in Abia
- California waitress explains why she canceled tech CEO’s racist rant at Asian family
- Internet fraudster kills commercial motorcyclist, injures passenger in Delta
- Fears in Ondo, as doctors forcefully discharge COVID-19 patients
- TSA improves COVID-19 safety precautions after whistleblower complaint
- Solskjaer realistic on transfers but keen to keep Pogba
- Filmed New ‘Malcolm & Marie’ In Quarantine – Warritatafo
- University of Delaware sued for Joe Biden’s Senate records
- Reopening of schools: Why Nigeria may not follow Ghana’s step now — Investigation
- Domestic violence: Police arrest woman for allegedly killing husband in Abia
- Nigerian students won’t write 2020 WAEC – FG
- Bell Biv DeVoe Member Ricky Bell Just Showed YouTube How to Do the ‘Poison’ Dance the Right Way
- Buahri appoints Mohammed Umar as new acting EFCC chairman
- Climate change: ‘Rising chance’ of exceeding 1.5C global target
- NYC shoe-repair shop that survived 9/11 now bouncing back from COVID-19 lockdown
- US suggests model transportation action plan to ease gridlock in Lagos
- TikTok Star Addison Rae Continues to Receive Backlash After Apologizing for Anti-Black Lives Matter Post
- Gov. Cuomo sent 6,300 COVID-19 patients to nursing homes during pandemic
- PDP Govs, Ex-minister Felicitate with Okowa at 61
- ONDO 2020: Why power of incumbency won’t help Akeredolu – Kekemeke
- Vp Osinbajo Denies Receiving N4bn from Magu –Aide
- Rob Shares Sweet Daughter Photo – Warritatafo
- COVID-19: Katsina State revises its 2020 budget from N244bn to N179bn
- Prime Suspect actor John Benfield dies aged 68
- COVID-19: No basis for legal actions against China, says Embassy