Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds’ car struck a Black Lives Matter demonstrator who blocked the vehicle’s path Tuesday, according to a report.
Jaylen Cavil, an organizer with Des Moines Black Lives Matter, said he stood in front of the governor’s vehicle outside of an event in Ackley, hoping Reynolds would roll down her window to speak to demonstrators, the Des Moines Register reported.
The demonstrators were barred from the event.
“The SUV that Gov. the was driving in drove right up to me,” Cavil told the outlet. “I was standing right in front of the car and I just stood there. I was like, ‘I’m going to stand here. Surely the driver of the governor is not going to hit me with her car.”
“This is the governor, my governor, who’s supposed to be representing me,” he said. “I’m sure that her car is not going to intentionally hit me. I was wrong.”
Cavil later took to Twitter over the bumpy encounter.
“I’m physically okay,” he wrote. “Just still shocked & trying to process the fact that the governor’s car intentionally hit me today.”
A spokesperson for Reynolds declined to comment on the incident, but state police later confirmed it in a statement.
“Preliminary reports from law enforcement at the scene suggest the demonstrator intentionally stepped in front of the moving vehicle,” Sgt. Alex Dinkla told the outlet. “The demonstrator appeared to suffer no injuries, did not request medical treatment and continued with his activities.”
Cavil said an Iowa State Patrol trooper walked up to him after the incident and started yelling at him, calling him “an idiot,” the Register said.
The activist was among about a dozen demonstrators who showed up at the event to urge the governor to sign an executive order restoring voting rights for ex-cons who had served their time.
Members of the city’s BLM has twice met with Reynolds to urge her to sign the order, but she has not committed to signing it, at least not for now.
Source: New York Post
What will make you commit suicide?
- Nigerian boy who scattered his parents house explains what actually happened
- Wonder Shall Never End – Reactions as Photo Of A Lady who Bleached All Her Face But Left The Legs goes viral (PICS)
- Wild video shows woman steal pedestrian’s sneakers, strip naked in NYC
- Bukunmi Oluwasina Looks completely different in Kunle Afolayan’s Citation Movie (VIDEO)
- “There is nowhere we want to go” – Faithia Williams speaks on how she and Ex-Hsuband, Saidi Balogun meets and why she stops kissing or playing romantic movie roles (VIDEO)
- Funke Akindele gifts Pa James a new house after his house was wrecked by flood
- “Dr Anu showed me pepper” – Botched surgery survival, Omohtee shares her story
- New Song: Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love
- “My Blessing” – Segun Ogungbe’s 2nd Wife, Wunmi Ajiboye says as she Shares Photos of her first son carrying Their Newborn Baby (PICS)
- Man builds a portable mansion after being homeless for 4 years, shares inspiring story (Photos)
- Hot Music: Saido Pee – Hello God (Prod. By Smart)
- Residents Panic over white substance seen at Anthony village in Lagos (Video)
- Erigga – “AYEME” ft. Yungzee [Video + Audio]
- UPDATE: There was no snow in Anthony Village Lagos, govt reveals what happened
- ‘Jersey Shore’ Star Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi’s Daughter Can Make This 1 Iconic Face Perfectly
- “Jesus did not destroy a single shrine” – Daddy Freeze frowns at demolition of church of Satan in Abia
- Daddy Freeze frowns at the demolition of a shrine & the arrest of its founder in Abia State
- Man who was homeless for 4 years finally becomes a House-owner, shares inspiring story
- Hushpuppi has reportedly tested positive for Covid-19 in prison – Kemi Olunloyo
- BREAKING: Nigerian govt postpones school resumption, 2020 WASSCE indefinitely
- Jodie Comer’s Alleged Boyfriend Has Fans Livid Because He Seems To Be a Trump Supporter
- Ivory Coast Prime Minister Coulibaly dies aged 61
- Hushpuppi allegedly tests positive to Coronavirus in US prison
- Brie Larson Is Going to Get a Lot of YouTube Hate, Fans Warn
- Hushpuppi reportedly contracts Mr Corona (photos)
- California waitress explains why she canceled tech CEO’s racist rant at Asian family
- Internet fraudster kills commercial motorcyclist, injures passenger in Delta
- Fears in Ondo, as doctors forcefully discharge COVID-19 patients
- TSA improves COVID-19 safety precautions after whistleblower complaint
- Solskjaer realistic on transfers but keen to keep Pogba
- Filmed New ‘Malcolm & Marie’ In Quarantine – Warritatafo
- University of Delaware sued for Joe Biden’s Senate records
- Reopening of schools: Why Nigeria may not follow Ghana’s step now — Investigation
- Domestic violence: Police arrest woman for allegedly killing husband in Abia
- Nigerian students won’t write 2020 WAEC – FG
- Bell Biv DeVoe Member Ricky Bell Just Showed YouTube How to Do the ‘Poison’ Dance the Right Way
- Buahri appoints Mohammed Umar as new acting EFCC chairman
- Climate change: ‘Rising chance’ of exceeding 1.5C global target
- NYC shoe-repair shop that survived 9/11 now bouncing back from COVID-19 lockdown
- US suggests model transportation action plan to ease gridlock in Lagos
- TikTok Star Addison Rae Continues to Receive Backlash After Apologizing for Anti-Black Lives Matter Post
- Gov. Cuomo sent 6,300 COVID-19 patients to nursing homes during pandemic
- PDP Govs, Ex-minister Felicitate with Okowa at 61
- ONDO 2020: Why power of incumbency won’t help Akeredolu – Kekemeke
- Vp Osinbajo Denies Receiving N4bn from Magu –Aide
- Rob Shares Sweet Daughter Photo – Warritatafo
- COVID-19: Katsina State revises its 2020 budget from N244bn to N179bn
- Prime Suspect actor John Benfield dies aged 68
- COVID-19: No basis for legal actions against China, says Embassy
- Patrick Mahomes’ NFL Mega-Contract Could Actually Cost Him Money in the Long Run
- She is always on her phone and it makes me jealous- Husband of lady who shared ‘suicidal posts’ on Facebook says
- LASG empowers 300 victims of Abule-Egba pipeline explosion
- Will Smith opens up about racist treatment he’s received
- US coronavirus cases soar past 3 million mark
- US tourist accused of fatally stabbing Rome cop says he was beaten in custody