By Olasunkanmi Akoni
Lagos State Government, on Tuesday, directed China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, CCECC, awarded the rehabilitation of bad portions on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, to get back to site without further delay.
The directive followed public outcry over the deplorable state of the expressway, which has led to daily traffic congestion at Mile 2 and environs, particularly on Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, impending business activities in and around the nation’s seaports.
Special Adviser on Works and Infrastructure to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Egnr. Aramide Adeyoye, who disclosed this to Vanguard on Tuesday, said the contractor had been summoned and given directive to get back to the site and commence rehabilitation of the bad portions on the expressway.
Adeoye, who spoke through her Public Affairs Officer, Mr. Shina Odunuga, said: “As I speak with you the contractor, CCECC, has been directed to rehabilitate the bad portion of the road.
“The contractor, CCECC, was summoned today, (Tuesday), and after much deliberation was directed to commence rehabilitation of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.”
She added that government was not unaware of the plight the residents were going through in the area, hence, the urgent intervention by the state government to swiftly restore sanity and discipline.
Adeoye, however, did not explain why the execution of repair work was delayed until the summoning of the contractor.
Source: Vanguard News
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via WhatsApp: +2348034798719. Email: email@example.com.
What will make you commit suicide?
- Why We Beat Chelsea – West Ham Manager, David Moyes
- Major Shakeup In NNPC As Chief Operation Officer Abruptly Resigns
- “I Don’t Eat Meat Or Chicken” – DJ Cuppy Reveals Why
- Naira Value Crashes as Liquidity Crisis Increase
- Breaking: Ondo Health Commissioner dies of COVID-19, aged 65
- Edo Elections: Wike Slams APC Candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu
- 3 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Remained Loyal And Defended Hushpuppi Since His Arrest
- Nigerian Woman Welcomes Twins After 11 Years Of Marriage – See Photos
- Billionaire Daughter, DJ Cuppy Reveals Why She Doesn’t Eat Meat Or Chicken
- See What Ned Nwoko Said When His Senior Wife, Laila Paid Regina Daniels A Visit After Her Child Delivery
- Npower news for Thursday, 2nd July 2020
- “Nigerians got talent” – See how people reacted to a cake which looks like a building site
- Do You Know That Hushpuppi Has Two Children ?. Meet Daisy, One Of Hushpuppi’s Beautiful Babymamas
- BBN: Frodd Uncovers Why His Relationship With Esther Didn’t Work Out
- “This is not my baby” – Regina Daniels finally clears the air about the baby going viral as her son
- New Song: Kosere – What If ft Pasuma (Prod. By Boldface)
- 1xBet to give away 100 cool smartphones in the new 1xGalaxy promotion
- 20-Year-Old Groundnut Seller And Rape Victim Gives Birth To Triplets (Photos)
- It is only in Ghana that Some men Think Women Cannot Become Successful on Their Own – Hajia4real
- Edo Guber: Ganduje heads 49-member APC National Campaign Council
- YAWA! “I Don Make 6 Girls Cry This Year, My Target Na 20” Man Plans To Take Revenge On Other Ladies For what His Girlfriend Did To Him
- “Fear Women” Is Trending On Twitter. See Some Of The Best Stories As Men Share Their Experiences
- 54-Year-Old Pastor Arrested For Defiling 12-Year-Old Girl In Ogun
- Khloé Kardashian Giving Another Chance With Tristan After Spending Lockdown Together
- US To Take Over Hushpuppi And Woodberry Arrest
- ‘Conan’ to ditch quarantine, tape at LA comedy club Largo
- Meghan McCain Turns on the GOP: “People Are Really Starting to Jump Ship”
- Prosecutors announce Ghislaine Maxwell charges at press conference
- Bukayo Saka signs new long-term Arsenal contract
- COVID-19: Positive cases, deaths spike as PTF lifts interstate travels
- ‘The Office’: Why 1 Character Still Gives Fans the Creeps
- Real Madrid vs Getafe: Why I excluded Hazard from squad – Zidane
- Christina Ricci gets protective order against husband James Heerdegen
- CMD tests positive for COVID-19 in Ondo
- World Athletics “very disappointed” after Russia fails to pay anti-doping fine
- Real Madrid officially confirms transfer deal for Achraf Hakimi
- ‘Dark’ on Netflix Season 3 Episode 6 Recap: “Light And Shadow”
- San Francisco to end mug shot release in effort to stop perpetuating racial stereotypes
- Download Koker – Bad Mp3
- “Life has no guarantee, your enjoyment is your greatest asset” – Cubana Chiefpriest advises (photos)
- Labour tells FG to reverse new Petroleum Pump Price
- Anambra Central traditional rulers reject governorship zoning, vows to support best candidate
- We’ll stop illegal appointments by Chief Executives — FCC Commissioner
- Panic over Rivers mortuaries littered with corpses
- NYC schools will reopen in September, de Blasio says
- 14-year-old girl flees home to cohabit with Facebook lover
- Khloé Kardashian Decided to Get Back Together With Tristan Thompson for 1 Reason
- ‘Jealous’ family dog mauls newborn babies to death in Brazil
- AFN Crisis: Court rules in favour of Gusau, Ministry kicks
- WHO issues warning as domestic flights resume in Nigeria, African countries
- Vincent Okobi, ex-Nigerian Ambassador to Togo is dead
- How ‘Star Wars’ Inspired David Corenswet to Become an Actor
- BBNaija Season 5: Potential Housemates on quarantine ahead of July 19 premiere
- COVID-19: FG warns against rejection, delayed testing of emergency patients
- Oduenyi: I want to play in Austria Bundesliga