The elders and members of Omomunmi Oja Chieftaincy family of Oko Egan Alapa Village in Eti-Osa Local Government Area of Lagos state have accused the Registered Trustees of Ajah Community Development Association CDA, of chasing them out of their community.
They alleged that the CDA supervised by the State’s Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, armed police men from the Lagos State Security Trust Fund and Lagos State Taskforce, on June 11, 2020 chased the residents from the area and levelled tens of buildings therein with bulldozers.
The family’s leader, Baale Wasiu Shitta, alleged that their ancestral shrines, as well as their farms were also destroyed, despite the land being a subject of litigation in suit No EPD/7325/LMW/2018, pending before Justice Ganiyu Safari of the Lagos High Court, Epe division.
In the suit, Chief Wasiu Shitta and another are suing the Registered Trustees of Ajah Community Development Association, Governor of Lagos State and Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in the state.
Shitta, said that his family is the owner of approximately 58 acres of land with plan number LA/237/2007/107 A & B drawn by a surveyor, W. Adeniyi.
“We have been living in our inherited land that was established by our forefathers since we were born. Some years ago, some people from Ajah Community Development Association came and said the government had allocated our community to them,” Shitta said.
According to him, resolution of the matter had been dragging for years for a peaceful solution before the family filed a court case.
“Two weeks ago, we got a call that our matter was coming up on June 18. So, on June 11, we just saw a team of people some with cutlasses and machetes including some policemen. They started demolishing our homes destroying houses and sending people and children out of the community.
We have all been displaced right now, from our community. The community people cannot be found,” Shitta stated.
He also said that residents are being prevented from returning to the site by armed persons stationed there.
“The place is empty now, all our houses have been destroyed. We are outside, we don’t have anywhere to stay right now that is why we are calling on the media to help us out,” Shitta added.
Meanwhile, Lagos State Government said it has dislodged suspected land grabbers from the disputed parcels of land in Ajah.
It said that an enforcement exercise was carried out by officials of the Lagos State Taskforce on Land Grabbers LSTFLG, to dislodge the suspected land grabbers from the parcels of land measuring 50.06 hectares situated at Block E, Plot 2 at Sangotedo, Lekki Peninsula Sub-region in Eti-Osa Area of the State.
While reacting to the development, the Ajah Community Developers Association ACDA, expressed gratitude to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Government for helping out.
The General Secretary of the Association, Oladele Ojogbede, commended the efforts of the Governor, the Ministry of Justice and the State Attorney General for ensuring that the association took peaceful possession of the land.
He said that the successful dislodgement of land grabbers from the association’s land by the LSTFLG was a testimony to the fact that the zero tolerance posture of the Governor Sanwo-Olu led administration against land grabbing in Lagos State is true and real.
“I can say without equivocation that justice is served and seen to be served by the Lagos State Government on this case. The administration of justice by the State land grabbers task force since the petition we wrote has been nothing short of superb,” he said.
Ojogbede explained that the suspected land grabbers had forcefully encroached and seized the parcels of land belonging to the Ajah Community Developers Association.
He said they prevented the association from taking possession of the land, adding that the association petitioned the Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Moyosore Onigbanjo, to seek for justice.
Source: Vanguard News
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Danjuma Breaks Silence On Frozen Account After Magu Arrest
- Embattled EFCC boss, Magu, threatens hunger strike
- Ned Nwoko is NOT The Father Of Regina Daniels Baby – Her Ex-Boyfriend Exposes The UNTOLD TRUTH
- “It Is Not My Fault Multichoice Wanted Me To Be on So Many Episodes, I’m Blessed” – KimOprah Reacts To Critics
- Mercy Johnson and Other Top Nigerian Celebrities Killed Simi Duduke Challenge
- Popular Nigerian Celebrity Stumbles Over His Words On Simi’s Latest Slaying Photo
- What will you tell Yahoo boys,Reno ask Magu
- See Ini Edo’s Reaction To Sick Ufuoma and Other Celebrities Who Cried Out For Medical Attention
- See Ini Edo’s beautiful sister who is beautiful as she is
- EFCC: Magu clears air on N4bn allegedly given to Osinbajo
- We’re afraid to confront Lucifer, Church of Satan founder —Abia community residents
- Funke Akindele did not buy me a house – Pa James Ajirebi cries out in new Video, spills the truth of what Funke Akindele did (VIDEO)
- Instagram influencer, Poshnicki in tears as trailer crushes her less than 2-month-old SUV
- Naira Marley Signs Emo Grae To Marlian Music
- Actress, Linda Ejiofor welcomes baby with her husband Ibrahim Suleiman
- “I’m Well Now”- Kunle Afolayan Says After Ini Edo Finally Replied His Message
- Download Korede Bello – Morire Mp3
- Mike Tyson Reveals His True Identity
- Osinbajo Must Resign If He Wants To Sue Me – Jackson Ude
- Italy bans entry from 13 countries over COVID-19 fears
- Hot Music: The Sarz Academy Ft. Wizkid & Sarz – Hold Me
- Top 10 Most Followed African Celebrities on Instagram
- Rapper, Pop Smoke’s social media led killers to LA home after he posted his address online by mistake
- Everything you need to know about today’s Champions League & Europa League draw
- “Thank you Allah for saving my life” – Yoruba Actor, Mustapha Sholagbade, recounts ordeal as he leaves Hospital, thanks Femi Adebayo, Bimpe Oyebade (PICS)
- ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Gave X-Fans What We Waited For: Big, Purple Robots
- Brooks Brothers has two potential buyers amid bankruptcy filing
- I am sure Magu has secrets that could blow up Nigeria, some powerful forces want him dead – Bamgbose
- Police nab suspected killer of Zamfara doctor
- Unidentified lady allegedly used for ritual purposes seen displaying signs of madness (video)
- Rema Blasts Critics Over New Song “Woman”
- Spotify is crashing with other iPhone apps, Facebook glitch suspected
- “Never tell your secrets to a woman in love” Actress Lisa Omorodion berates ladies who tell their friends’ secrets to their significant other
- Brandis Kemp, ‘Fridays’ and ‘AfterMASH’ Actress, Dies at 76
- Family and friends of Naya Rivera ‘in disbelief’ over her disappearance
- Mega-contract says Patrick Mahomes can’t do ‘pretty much every physical activity’
- COVID-19: WHO gives update on 19 potential vaccines
- Trump doubles down on threat to cut funding for schools that don’t reopen
- DJ Jimmy Jatt Is Coming Back With Digital Lagos Party
- I Got Approval from President Buhari to suspend Ibrahim Magu- AGF Malami
- Giants mailbag: Don’t expect more from consistent Leonard Williams
- ‘Palm Springs’ Ending Explained: Writer Andy Siara Knows “Exactly What Happened”
- Police Investigate Alleged Murder Of 4-Year-Old Boy By Own Father
- FBI kidnapped Hushpuppi from Dubai to US – Lawyer alleges
- These classes can help you kickstart a new e-commerce side-hustle
- Sarah Paulson Throws Fuel on the Bravo Fire: Lisa Vanderpump’s Fans Spewed “Vitriol” After Recent Diss
- This UV sanitizing tower is a game-changer for cleaning your home
- Nollywood Actress Jaiye Kuti Is A Year Older Today
- Buhari Appoints Umar as Acting EFCC Chairman
- “How a Facebook Comment Crashed A Marriage” – Man Reveals(Photos)
- Breaking: Ikorodu indigene launches first Bitcoin ATM in Africa (Video)
- Singer Naira Marley acquires another mansion in Lagos (photos)
- Court sees disturbing photos of Amber Heard’s bruised face after alleged phone throwing
- Khloe Speaks On Being Pregnant, Says It Will Chase Away Her Husband
- Real Madrid vs Alavés: Zidane’s squad for LaLiga clash confirmed