Here’s some good news for New Yorkers seeking to beat the summer heat.
About half of the city’s public outdoor swimming pools that have been closed because of the coronavirus pandemic and associated budget crisis will open to the public on Aug. 1, according to budget documents released by City Hall late Tuesday.
The Parks Department will welcome swimmers at 15 of its 34 pools across the five boroughs in August. They include Crotona, Mullaly and Haffen in the Bronx; Sunset, Betsy Head and K-Pool in Brooklyn; Hamilton Fish, Jackie Robinson, Wagner and Marcus Garvey in Manhattan; Astoria, Liberty and Fisher in Queens; and Lyons and Tottenville on Staten Island.
Mayor Bill de Blasio and the City Council agreed to restore $9.9 billion to the Parks Department budget to hire 716 lifeguards, pools staff and fund sprinklers and water fountains.
De Blasio had slashed the entire $12 million budget for public pools in April over coronavirus-related safety concerns as he stared down a 10-figure budget crunch.
Swimming at public beaches restarts Wednesday.
Source: New York Post
What will make you commit suicide?
- Never Reveal These 6 Secrets About Your Personal Life To Anybody
- Kogi Gov’s Security Aide, Ariyo, Fired By Yahaya Bello
- 10 Things You Should Never Rush In Life, No Matter The Pressure.
- 7 Things Your Boyfriend Does That Shows He Is Playing You For A Fool
- 7 Types of People You Shouldn’t Trust
- Tears, cheers greet rotation of troops in North-East
- 10 Ways You’re Unknowingly Disrespecting Your Husband
- 10 Nigerian Celebrities With Many Children From Different ‘Baby Mamas’
- 7 things you should never Apologize for in Life
- Photos Of The US Prison Where Hushpuppi And Woodberry will likely be Detained
- ‘The Johnson’s’ Actress, Susan Pwajok, stuns fans with adorable new photos
- Like Sister, Like Sister! Meet Bukunmi Oluwasina’s little sister who’s also an Actress
- Hot! 5 Celebrities Rihanna has Dated
- Must Read! 8 Signs they shows a Girl is Lonely
- Main Reason Why Drake drew Lil Wayne’s Tattoo on his Upper left arm
- 10 Signs Someone is Losing Interest in You
- Top 5 American Rappers who married their High School Sweetheart
- MAD O! Erigga Reacts As Scammers Try To Scam Him With Promise Of A Job Opportunity
- Akwa Ibom Lifts Ban On Wedding And Burial Ceremonies
- Bobrisky’s boyfriend buys him a brand new car for keeping their relationship secret (Video)
- Solskjaer Gives Update On Squad Ahead Of BourneMouth Clash
- APC Fires Back At PDP Over Claims Of Plotting To Derail Edo Election
- 20 Cute Photos Of Muyiwa Kosoko, Jide Kosoko’s Handsome Son With Late wife, Henrietta
- Download Josh2Funny – Don’t Leave Me Mp3
- Falz Silences The Internet With A Question Only A Wise Person Can Answer [Details]
- ’90 Day Fiance’: Deavan Clegg Asks Fans for Money for Breast Implants and a ‘Confidence Boost’
- Ringo Starr’s Biggest UK Hit Featured a Heavy Dose of George Harrison Guitar
- What Happened to Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross’ Reality Show?
- Japan seeks extradition of ex-Green Beret, son who aided Ghosn escape
- The first Black Lives Matter wave led to 2K extra black homicides — but new wave will be worse
- World’s ‘first’ Gold-plated hotel where tea is served in a gold cup opens in Vietnam (Video)
- The Papers: ‘Eat out to help out’ and PM calls for restraint
- Kelly Rowland says she ‘almost lost everything,’ went ‘rich broke’
- Brazil set to pass 1.5M coronavirus cases as cities reopen
- Many Lagosians Rush To Pick Money Thrown By Burna Boy (Video)
- Why Meghan Markle’s Thai Coconut Curry Recipe Is Going Viral
- Read charge sheet of Hushpuppi’s crimes as he appeared in court today
- Who Is Ruston Kelly? Facts On The Singer-Songwriter – Warritatafo
- Man orders N230k iPhone XS Max from Computer village but gets well-packaged metallic object (Photos)
- Giada De Laurentiis’ Red, White, and Blue Salad Is a Must for the 4th of July Weekend
- Sadiya Umar Farouq calls for strong laws against rape offenders
- Potential fireworks shortage as America celebrates 4th of July holiday
- “Hushpuppi tried to steal $124 million from an English Premier League Club” — US Federal prosecutors officially charge Hushpuppi for fraud; faces 20 years in US prison.
- City Hall admits new budget dismantles unit for placard crackdown
- Hydroxychloroquine can help save hospitalized COVID-19 patients ― study
- A Few Billie Eilish’s Songs Made It to the ’13 Reasons Why’ Soundtracks
- Trump’s 4th of July military air show to fly from Boston, over NYC to DC
- Pacers’ Victor Oladipo won’t play in bubble due to re-injury risk
- Machine Gun Kelly Wears Bad Boy Shirt After Megan Fox Date – Warritatafo
- Tesco demands supplier price cuts in discount battle
- BREAKING: Benue gov’s wife, son, staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Nigerian Law School audit uncovers fraud, cleaner paid N32m, staff gets N36m dressing allowance
- ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’: Aisha Tyler Once Voiced a Character in a Popular Video Game Franchise
- Man rapes, impregnates 14-year-old girl In Sokoto, throws baby in bush
- NBA, union agree on 29 approved social justice messages for jerseys