By Ifeanyi Okolie
Operatives of the Inspector General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team, IRT, have discovered two wells, at Ejigbo area of Lagos State, which they said is being used in siphoning and selling petroleum products from a pipeline belonging to the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC.
Police sources disclosed to Vanguard, that two suspects, identified as Vitoria Ogunsomi and Shafe Abayomi, who are believed to be owners of the wells located in No. 4 and 2, Surprise Avenue Ejibgo, Lagos, were arrested when operatives of the IRT headed by deputy Commissioner of Police got wind of their activities.
It was gathered that a team of operatives discovered that Ogunsomi and Abayomi dug 75-foot wells in their compound, which is located few meters away from the NNPC pipeline, and they connected pipes with submissive pumping machines into the well linking with the pipeline.
Sources explained that whenever the NNPC is transporting its products along the pipeline, Ogunsomi and Abayomi, whose buildings are located side by side, will put on their pumping machines and siphon the products into jerry cans and tanker trucks.
Vanguard learned that the suspects who were alleged to have made millions of naira from the business, ran into trouble when IRT operatives got wind of their activities through some residents of the area who were scared of their activities as it could lead to massive fire outbreak that could have a devastating effect in the area.
The source said; “we got calls from a concerned resident in the area who alerted us about the activities of Mrs Victoria and Mr Abayomi who are residents of Surprise Avenue, and alleged that residents have been siphoning petroleum products from NNPC pipeline located close to their area.
“The source told us that these people have wells which have underground pipes connected to the NNPC pipeline within area.
“The source told us that whenever the NNPC is transporting its products along that pipeline, their products usually surge into those wells and they are swiftly pumped into tanker trucks by owners of the wells.
“The source told us that the big trucks normally come by night to carry the products. When we acted on the information, we stormed the buildings and found the wells with pipes and pumps in it and the stench of fuel was every.
“At Mrs Victoria’s apartment we found jerry cans filled with petroleum products, but Mr. Abayomi smartly dismantled the pipes and pumping machine in his own well before we arrived in his own compound.
“But we are currently working on tracing and apprehending people who have been buying these stolen products from them .” He stated.
When Vanguard interviewed the suspects, Vitoria Ogunsomy, who is 58-year-old and her neighbor, Shafe Abayomi, they told Vanguard that they are not pipelined vandals, but they said that they have regularly scoop petroleum products from the ruptured NNPC pipeline located close to their house.
“They added that the petroleum products flows into their wells and they sell them to people in their neighborhood.
In their interview, Ogunsomy said; “I am from Okitupupa area of Ondo State. I have three children but I am a widow. My late husband bought the land where we built our house in 1984 and we dug that well in the year 1999.
“We were using to water, but we later discovered that there was petrol in it. We contacted and alerted our landlord association about it and we all agreed that we will go to the police station and the Local Government but they advised us to go to NNPC and the NNPC sent two delegates to check the situation.
“The delegates came and they took sample of the water. After that, they didn’t come again.
“I have been arrested before because I sold just three jerry can of this petrol to someone by SARS operatives in 2016, the police released me and warned me never to go close to the well again. I am sorry that I went to it again and I was arrested.” She lamented.
Source: Vanguard News
What will make you commit suicide?
- We are not from the Zoo, we are Biafrans – Idoma People Declares (video)
- Watch The Adorable daughters Of Actress Nadia Buari Help Take Out Her Braids (Video)
- Lady dies in fatal accident in Suleja, her identify unknown
- Toyin Abraham and Husband, Kolawole Ajeyemi get Romantic while Dancing (Video)
- APC: How we rigged Ondo Election to make Akeredolu Governor in 2016 – Abegunde
- COVID-19: Another lockdown possible, if… ― FG tells Nigerians
- I was paid N5,000 to murder medical doctor in Zamfara – Suspect
- Akuapem Poloo Speaks After Her Arrest By The Police
- Popular Actor Uche Maduagwu Shades Tacha
- Regina Daniels & Other Nollywood Actresses Who Had A Male As Their First Child
- See Tonto Dikeh’s Reactions After She Saw A Photoshopped Photo Of Herself & Bobrisky
- Hushpuppi: Protesters storm US Embassy, demand arrest of Atiku, Dino Melaye [PHOTOS]
- Teddi Mellencamp Reveals Daughter Dove Needs To Have Neurosurgery – Warritatafo
- Disinfection Of Schools To Begin Tuesday, FG Reveals
- Herbalist Used Pastor For Ritual In Osun State (Video)
- Transfer rumours: Rice, Koulibaly, Skriniar, Milinkovic-Savic, Ake, Edouard
- New Update on makeup artist, Deborah Tushima, who was poisoned at her birthday party over iphone 11, slupmed and died while dancing – Family explains what led to her death
- Davido’s cousin, Adenike, gets Benz gift from dad as she graduates
- Lizzo Kicked Out Of Vacation Rental & Accuses Landlord Of Police Threats – Warritatafo
- Brittany Matthews reacts to Patrick Mahomes’ monster Chiefs contract
- Bandits surrender as Nigerian Army destroys terrorists’ hideouts, captures logistics’ supplier [PHOTOS]
- Man shot dead in Bronx while walking with 6-year-old daughter
- Jon Gosselin Explains Why Collin Is Missing From 4th Of July Photo – Warritatafo
- New Song: Sound Sultan – Fayaa Fayaa Ft. Duktor Sett
- New Song: Golden Boi – Pick Up ft MYkeelis
- #Coronavirus: Boris Johnson criticised over care home comments
- KJ Apa Shows Off His Dancing Skills & Beard In New TikTok Video – Warritatafo
- Expert claims Americans will wear masks for ‘several years’ due to coronavirus
- Official Video: Zinoleesky – Mapariwo
- Dax Shepard and Monica Padman Defend ‘The Good Place’ Producer Megan Amran Over Racist Tweets
- ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’: Sweetest Things LL Cool J and Chris O’Donnell Said About Their Friendship
- See photos of Yankees star Gerrit Cole’s ‘adorable’ baby boy
- Domestic flights will no longer serve meals aboard — Aviation minister
- ‘Temptation Island’: Morgan Lolar Claims Evan Smith Tried to Steal Her Engagement Ring While She Slept
- Nigeria records 575 new cases of COVID-19
- Rising inflation threatens FG’s N5.1trn revenue target
- New SEC boss prioritises investor protection
- Study links fruit juice consumption to higher nutrients in children
- Charlie Daniels, Singer of ‘The Devil Went Down to Georgia,’ Passes Away
- The ‘Kissing Booth 2’ Trailer Has Fans Questioning Whether Elle and Noah End Up Together
- Nigerian couple who drilled a nail into the head of their 10-year-old maid remanded in prison (photos)
- Ajimobi was an enigma, says Ajayi Crowther VC
- I’m Officially Rooting For a Bugsy And Alex Romance on ‘Below Deck Med’
- Floyd Mayweather Reveals Toughest Opponent and It’s Not Who You Think
- What’s With All The Fruit References in Harry Styles’ Music?
- Dorado Beach launches ‘private luxury camp’ at $1,124 per night
- Why John Bonham Wasn’t Sure About Joining Led Zeppelin at First
- Central Park ‘Karen’ busted – but she’s suffered enough
- Decontamination of schools start Tuesday -FG
- Lizzo claims she was kicked out of vacation rental early, twerks about it
- ‘Unsolved Mysteries’: FBI Offers Reward in Alonzo Brooks Case, Fans Uncover Old Blog With Subtle Clues
- Vouchers of up to £5,000 for home insulation
- VH1 ‘tossed around’ idea of Flavor Flav as ‘The Black-chelor’
- Masahiro Tanaka incident was slow torment for Giancarlo Stanton
- Philly bar owner pulls gun on black man after social distance dispute