President Muhammadu Buhari has made another appointment in less than 24 hours he appointed a Deputy Commissioner of Police, as his Chief Personal Security Officer.
The President Buhari has approved the appointment of Professor Adesoji Adesugba as the new Managing Director of Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority(NEPZA).
NEPZA is an organisation under the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment.
The President’s approval was issued in a letter dated June 26th 2020, addressed to the Minister and signed by the Chief of Staff to the President, Professor Ibrahim Gambari.
In a statement made available to pressmen in Abuja on Tuesday by the Media Assistant to Minister of Trade and Investment, Julius Toba-Jegede, Otunba Richard Adeniyi Adebayo appreciated President Buhari over the appointment of Prof Adesoji Adesugba.
The Minister who expressed confidence over the choice of Adesugba said his wealth of experience also with his academic exposure would add value to the attainment of NEPZA’s core mandate, urging the new appointee to pilot the affairs of the agency with transparency and open-door policy that will accelerate Federal Government’s target for economic zones across the country, especially in the area of job creation.
Prof. Adesugba, an accomplished specialist in Investment Promotion and Economic Development, is a lawyer and a veteran of business promotion within and outside Nigeria
An accomplished specialist in Investment Promotion and Economic Development, Adesoji Adesugba is known for his proficiency in organizational development and institutional reforms. He has combined the best in private sector entrepreneurial acumen with an expert ability to navigate public sector practice.
Adesugba is the National Legal Adviser of the National Association of Chambers of Commerce Industry Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) and the Chairman of its Education Committee. Adesugba lectures part-time as a Professor of Business Administration at the Roegate College in Dublin, Ireland, and also lectured Investment Promotion at the Baden International Business School, Baden, Switzerland. Until recently, he was a visiting Professor at the American University of West Africa, Banjul Gambia.
Adesugba is the founder and the Provost at the Business Entrepreneurship Skills and Technology (BEST) Centre and a Vice President at the Abuja Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI). Prof. Adesugba is also the founder and President of the first Gemological Institute in West Africa, the Gemological Institute of Nigeria (GIN). He is also the founder and the National Coordinator of the Gemstones Miners and Marketers Association of Nigeria (GMMAN). Prof. Adesugba is a Vice President at the Nigerian Chamber of Mines.
A certified international arbitrator and mediator, Prof. Adesugba worked as the Chairman of the Industrial Arbitration Panel (IAP), a Federal Government of Nigeria agency created for the resolution of industrial disputes. Before working at the IAP, Prof. Adesugba served as a Director at the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC), where he was responsible for the development of strategies to promote and target investments into the Nigerian economy.
In 2005 to 2007, Adesugba was supported from the NIPC to the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) as the Head of Marketing, Communications, and External Relations, to help reinvigorate the privatization exercise of the Federal Government of Nigeria. At the BPE, he served as a member of the National Council on Privatization, subcommittee on marketing, media, and publicity.
Prof. Adesugba started his career in the public service as a Superintendent Collector Grade II, at the Nigerian Customs Service in August 1982 and rose to the rank of Chief Superintendent before leaving the service for the NIPC in 1999.
He serves on the boards of various non-profit organizations dedicated to youth empowerment, economic development, gender, and policy issues.
Prof. Adesoji Adesugba got his doctorate in Business Administration with the highest distinction from the California Southern University in the USA. He has an M.Sc. degree in Investment Promotion and Economic Development from the Edinburgh Napier University in Scotland, UK, and his MBA from the Ogun State University in Nigeria.
In 1981 he got his first degree in Business Administration from the University of Lagos.
Adesugba also studied law and obtained his LL.B. from the University of Lagos in 1987. Adesugba was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1989. Prof. Dr. Adesugba has a certificate in Chinese Economic Development from the Normal University, Beijing China; a Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration from the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK); and a certificate from the Columbia Law School in New York.
He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK), a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators, a Fellow of the National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria and a Fellow of the Chartered Taxation Institute of Nigeria.
Adesugba is also a media and communication admirer and serves as the Chairman, Editorial Board of Sahel Standard Media Group.
Source: Onyx News
What will make you commit suicide?
- Never Reveal These 6 Secrets About Your Personal Life To Anybody
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu is my Leader, we are not quarreling – Uche Mefor clears air
- Kogi Gov’s Security Aide, Ariyo, Fired By Yahaya Bello
- 10 Things You Should Never Rush In Life, No Matter The Pressure.
- 7 Types of People You Shouldn’t Trust
- 7 Things Your Boyfriend Does That Shows He Is Playing You For A Fool
- Tears, cheers greet rotation of troops in North-East
- 10 Ways You’re Unknowingly Disrespecting Your Husband
- Wizkid’s Son, Zion Makes The Ovaries of Women Churn In An All White Burberry Shirt (Photo)
- 10 Nigerian Celebrities With Many Children From Different ‘Baby Mamas’
- 7 things you should never Apologize for in Life
- Photos Of The US Prison Where Hushpuppi And Woodberry will likely be Detained
- ‘The Johnson’s’ Actress, Susan Pwajok, stuns fans with adorable new photos
- Hot! 5 Celebrities Rihanna has Dated
- Like Sister, Like Sister! Meet Bukunmi Oluwasina’s little sister who’s also an Actress
- Must Read! 8 Signs they shows a Girl is Lonely
- Main Reason Why Drake drew Lil Wayne’s Tattoo on his Upper left arm
- Top 5 American Rappers who married their High School Sweetheart
- 10 Signs Someone is Losing Interest in You
- MAD O! Erigga Reacts As Scammers Try To Scam Him With Promise Of A Job Opportunity
- Akwa Ibom Lifts Ban On Wedding And Burial Ceremonies
- Bobrisky’s boyfriend buys him a brand new car for keeping their relationship secret (Video)
- “Stop Using My Pictures To Sell Fake Items” – Toke Makinwa Warns IG Marketer (Photo)
- Solskjaer Gives Update On Squad Ahead Of BourneMouth Clash
- APC Fires Back At PDP Over Claims Of Plotting To Derail Edo Election
- “Hushpuppi tried to steal $124 million from an English Premier League Club” — US Federal prosecutors officially charge Hushpuppi for fraud; faces 20 years in US prison.
- City Hall admits new budget dismantles unit for placard crackdown
- Hydroxychloroquine can help save hospitalized COVID-19 patients ― study
- A Few Billie Eilish’s Songs Made It to the ’13 Reasons Why’ Soundtracks
- Trump’s 4th of July military air show to fly from Boston, over NYC to DC
- Pacers’ Victor Oladipo won’t play in bubble due to re-injury risk
- Machine Gun Kelly Wears Bad Boy Shirt After Megan Fox Date – Warritatafo
- Tesco demands supplier price cuts in discount battle
- BREAKING: Benue gov’s wife, son, staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Nigerian Law School audit uncovers fraud, cleaner paid N32m, staff gets N36m dressing allowance
- ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’: Aisha Tyler Once Voiced a Character in a Popular Video Game Franchise
- Man rapes, impregnates 14-year-old girl In Sokoto, throws baby in bush
- NBA, union agree on 29 approved social justice messages for jerseys
- ‘This Is Us’: 3 Performances That Prove Chris Sullivan Deserves All the Awards
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Desperados’ on Netflix, a Hapless Rom-Com with an All-Too-Appropriate Title
- 10 Things We Have Learnt In This Corona Virus Pandemic
- Man, 72, arrested for pushing 86-year-old out of elevator ‘to protect him and wife against Coronavirus’
- 2023: What counts against Igbo Presidency
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Fans Speculate That Elizabeth Potthast’s Family Is Trying to Get Their Own Spinoff
- UN staffers put on leave after video surfaces of sex act in official car
- Sports anchor Dan O’Toole says his 1-month-old daughter is missing
- Christina Ricci Seen Without Wedding Ring 1 Day After Divorce Filing – Warritatafo
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Star Rhea Seehorn Explains Kim Wexler’s ‘Erratic’ and ‘Reckless’ Action in Season 5
- Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre cried ‘tears of joy’ after Ghislane Maxwell’s arrest
- Dead fish are popping up all along the Hudson River
- Dbanj Rape Allegation: Segalink confirms that Miss Seyitan was detained by Police
- MLB’s first coronavirus test results are encouraging
- Hydroxychloroquine helped COVID-19 patients survive better – Study
- Ghislaine Maxwell won’t give up Prince Andrew, close pal says
- Premier League club escapes being scammed of £100m by Hushpuppi