NYPD Detectives walk Rashid Brimmage, 31, out of the 13th pct. after being arrested for assault for punching a 92-year-old woman. Matthew McDermott
The video footage shocked the city: Rashid Brimmage, 31, casually and apparently at random striking a 92-year-old woman walking down 3rd Avenue in Manhattan who falls and hits her head on a fire hydrant. She’s likely lucky to be alive.
Just as shocking: That June 12 episode was the culmination of 15 years of failure.
Brimmage has gone through a host of prisons and mental hospitals throughout his adult life — a series of revolving doors.
His rap sheet since age 16 runs to 103 arrests, a trail of growing violence, with charges for drug use, public indecency and assaulting a cop as well as sexual assaults.
The convicted sex offender was diagnosed with mental illness at 18 and attended special-education classes throughout his schooling for his “intellectual disabilities.” He’s had multiple psychiatric hospitalizations at Bellevue, Harlem and Lincoln hospitals and spent a total of 843 days in city jails from November 2010 to May 2018.
Bipolar, schizophrenic and homeless, Brimmage was on the streets and unmedicated June 12 because the city “lost track of him” amid the pandemic, prosecutor Courtney Razner told the court at his arraignment.
Arrested twice in February at separate incidents at a South Bronx Dunkin Donuts, once for threatening to kill a manager and then nearly two weeks later for punching a woman, Brimmage appeared in court March 8 — and was arrested a day later, this time punching a stranger on 125th Street. Police found synthetic marijuana K2, which can cause hallucinations, in his pockets.
Brimmage went to Lincoln Medical Center in the South Bronx for help. But staff there didn’t invoke Kendra’s Law to require him to continue treatment, nor provide him with a long-acting psychiatric medication via injection before releasing him June 12 — just hours before his now-infamous video.
That’s the central problem with the city’s vast panoply of mental-health services, including First Lady Chirlane McCray’s ThriveNYC: None of it is genuinely dedicated to making sure the hardest cases get treated — and the public is kept safe.
Source: New York Post
What will make you commit suicide?
- Nigerian boy who scattered his parents house explains what actually happened
- Wonder Shall Never End – Reactions as Photo Of A Lady who Bleached All Her Face But Left The Legs goes viral (PICS)
- Wild video shows woman steal pedestrian’s sneakers, strip naked in NYC
- Bukunmi Oluwasina Looks completely different in Kunle Afolayan’s Citation Movie (VIDEO)
- “There is nowhere we want to go” – Faithia Williams speaks on how she and Ex-Hsuband, Saidi Balogun meets and why she stops kissing or playing romantic movie roles (VIDEO)
- Funke Akindele gifts Pa James a new house after his house was wrecked by flood
- New Song: Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love
- “My Blessing” – Segun Ogungbe’s 2nd Wife, Wunmi Ajiboye says as she Shares Photos of her first son carrying Their Newborn Baby (PICS)
- “Dr Anu showed me pepper” – Botched surgery survival, Omohtee shares her story
- Man builds a portable mansion after being homeless for 4 years, shares inspiring story (Photos)
- Hot Music: Saido Pee – Hello God (Prod. By Smart)
- Residents Panic over white substance seen at Anthony village in Lagos (Video)
- Erigga – “AYEME” ft. Yungzee [Video + Audio]
- UPDATE: There was no snow in Anthony Village Lagos, govt reveals what happened
- ‘Jersey Shore’ Star Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi’s Daughter Can Make This 1 Iconic Face Perfectly
- “Jesus did not destroy a single shrine” – Daddy Freeze frowns at demolition of church of Satan in Abia
- Daddy Freeze frowns at the demolition of a shrine & the arrest of its founder in Abia State
- Man who was homeless for 4 years finally becomes a House-owner, shares inspiring story
- Hushpuppi has reportedly tested positive for Covid-19 in prison – Kemi Olunloyo
- Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting
- BREAKING: Nigerian govt postpones school resumption, 2020 WASSCE indefinitely
- Jodie Comer’s Alleged Boyfriend Has Fans Livid Because He Seems To Be a Trump Supporter
- Ivory Coast Prime Minister Coulibaly dies aged 61
- Girl pretends to sleep after she’s caught stealing snacks
- Hushpuppi allegedly tests positive to Coronavirus in US prison
- Filmed New ‘Malcolm & Marie’ In Quarantine – Warritatafo
- University of Delaware sued for Joe Biden’s Senate records
- Reopening of schools: Why Nigeria may not follow Ghana’s step now — Investigation
- Domestic violence: Police arrest woman for allegedly killing husband in Abia
- Nigerian students won’t write 2020 WAEC – FG
- Bell Biv DeVoe Member Ricky Bell Just Showed YouTube How to Do the ‘Poison’ Dance the Right Way
- Buahri appoints Mohammed Umar as new acting EFCC chairman
- Climate change: ‘Rising chance’ of exceeding 1.5C global target
- NYC shoe-repair shop that survived 9/11 now bouncing back from COVID-19 lockdown
- US suggests model transportation action plan to ease gridlock in Lagos
- TikTok Star Addison Rae Continues to Receive Backlash After Apologizing for Anti-Black Lives Matter Post
- Gov. Cuomo sent 6,300 COVID-19 patients to nursing homes during pandemic
- PDP Govs, Ex-minister Felicitate with Okowa at 61
- ONDO 2020: Why power of incumbency won’t help Akeredolu – Kekemeke
- Vp Osinbajo Denies Receiving N4bn from Magu –Aide
- Rob Shares Sweet Daughter Photo – Warritatafo
- COVID-19: Katsina State revises its 2020 budget from N244bn to N179bn
- Prime Suspect actor John Benfield dies aged 68
- COVID-19: No basis for legal actions against China, says Embassy
- Patrick Mahomes’ NFL Mega-Contract Could Actually Cost Him Money in the Long Run
- She is always on her phone and it makes me jealous- Husband of lady who shared ‘suicidal posts’ on Facebook says
- LASG empowers 300 victims of Abule-Egba pipeline explosion
- Will Smith opens up about racist treatment he’s received
- US coronavirus cases soar past 3 million mark
- US tourist accused of fatally stabbing Rome cop says he was beaten in custody
- Rob Kardashian Looking For Romance After Dramatic Weight Loss – Warritatafo
- “My family is dead to me” Boy filmed destroying his parents’ home because his mom refused to meet his demands speaks up (video)
- NYCFC back in action in second game of ‘MLS is Back’ tourney
- Alex Pullin dead – Australian Olympian dies in spearfishing accident
- Witness in Trump’s impeachment retires from military amid pressure