A lot of young people live their early lives, very wrongly and based on the opinion of friends, books and even influence from social media and this is quite pathetic because they may spend the other(more mature) half of their lives in regret, if they don’t retrace their steps in time.
It is also important to note that there are also a lot of young people too, who have decided to make the best use of their life and are walking on the right paths in life. However, the intent of this article is to highlight decisions and behavioural patterns that will end up making young people regret, when they get more mature.
Here Are Some Things Young People Do When They Are Young, That May Cause Them Regret Later In Life:
1. Going Through Early Years Without An Academic Qualification:
These young ones may never understand the need for educational qualifications, until they grow older and there may be little or no time to go back to school and regret sets in. In these times, certification is very important and many individuals, have missed out on the best opportunities, due to lack of educational certification.
2. Lack Of A Definite Life’s Plan/Aspiration:
Many young people fail to realize that they should plan their lifes from the early years and failure to plan, will eventually lead to regret, later in life.
3. Alcohol Indulgence:
As young people, it looks cool to take a lot of alcohol and you will see a lot of young people engage in ‘drinking competitions’, however, what they fail to realize is that they may live with regret, when their liver develops problems due to alcohol abuse.
Many young people, see gambling as a way of ‘hitting it big’, however, they fail to realize that gambling is like a snare that will never tighten until it has caught a prey. Most young people, seldom fail to realize how much they have lost to gambling, until much later in life, when they realize that they could have used the same sums to start up good businesses.
5. Drug Abuse:
For many young people, the ‘high’ gotten from drugs is compensation enough, however, they fail to realize that drug abuse will not just keep them addicted, but will also rip them off their finances and ability to reason well. In the end, drug abuse will always bring regret to their users. Sadly, these users often change their ways very late.
6. Indulging In Criminal Activities:
Many young people engage themselves in crime, as a means to make fast money, but they fail to realize that even if they don’t get killed in the process, the law will catch up with them and their punishment will cause regret.
7. Having Of Numerous Partners/Relationships:
Many young people, actually feel that it is cool to have many sexual partners and relationships, as such they get stuck in activities that predisposes them to Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s), infections and even abortions. These actions may lead to lead to infertility and regret, later in life.
8. Display Of Pride And Youthful Exuberance:
Many young people, feel that it ia cool to act proud, until they miss the best opportunities in life, due to the same pride. Trust me, there is nothing as saddening as looking back in life and regretting opportunities that could have been latched on, if you were a little more humble.
9. Paying Little Or No Attention To Detail:
Many young people, overlook the place of paying attention to detail. Hence, things they could have easily avoided in their early years, we’re not taken note of, until they posed a major challenge for them, later in life. Regret always follows.
10. Sedentary Lifestyle/ Lack Of Physical Activity(Exercise):
Many young people may not realize that physical activity, helps push back ailments. Hence, if you lack physical fitness, as a young person, it may not be very easy to start exercising when you’re older and you may just be creating an avenue for sickness and this could be really regretful.
11. Over-Dependence On Family Members:
Many young people, rely too much in their parents and loves ones for finances, but fail to realize that life truly does not work like that. When the real life hits them, regret sets in because they may have to struggle with being independent.
12. Having A Sense Of Entitlement:
Many young people, feel that everything should be handed over to them, forgetting that life has to do with pushing foe what you want in life. Hence, when they may regret learning these how to fight for themselves way too late and will surely regret it.
13. Their Association/ Keeping The Wrong Company:
Many young folks, forget that their can either make or mar them. They fail to realize that bad friends will eventually lead you into thinking and acting like them. Sadly, a lot of them realize the effect of bad friends too late and this will cause regret.
It is my earnest desire that young see this pitfalls and avoid them, if their lives must turn out right.
I hope this article, helps you or someone you know, to live better.
God bless and keep you!
- Champions League: Owen blasts Messi, Suarez, others as Barcelona eliminate Napoli
- BBNaija: More Drama As Dorathy Warns Prince To Be Careful The Moment She Saw Tolanibaj – Video
- BBNaija: Watch Kiddwaya Pepper Laycon Again By Showering Erica With Morning Kisses In His Presence (Video)
- BBNaija: WATCH The Moment Nengi Received An EPIC Grind From A Male Housemate During Yesterday’s Party
- BBNaija: “Nengi And Ozo Are Avoiding Me” – Prince (Video)
- BBNaija: WATCH The Lovely Moment Dorathy & Brighto Took Over The Dance Floor With Their Dance
- BBNaija: Throwback Video Of Mercy Eke And Noe Show How Close Were
- Messi reduced Koulibaly’s transfer fee – Twitter rips Napoli star after Barcelona thrashing
- Del Piero, Gattuso react to Andrea Pirlo’s appointment as Juventus manager
- Instagram shadowban: What does it mean for Tacha and her brand?
- BBNaija: Wathoni Finally Spends The Night In Eric’s Bed (Photo)
- The Blind Liberian Boy Adopted By Flavour Has Undergone Remarkable Transformation, See Recent Photos
- BBNaija: Tolanibaj Warns Prince To Avoid Wathoni And Nengi, He Says “NO”! (Video)
- “My Yansh Don Heal” – Yoruba Lady Shows Off New Shape After Her C0smetic Surgery Went Wrong
- “I Spread Out My legs So Fast Especially When I See Car Key” – Lady Says (Watch Video)
- MASKED, 60-YR-OLD WORSHIPERS:Controversy as Lagos churches reopen today
- Check Out Terry G’s New Look After Shaving Off His Dreadlocks (Photo)
- Between Regina Daniel’s Baby And Simi’s Baby, Who Do You Think Is Cuter? (Photos)
- 8 SAD Moments Ghanaians Will Never Erase From Their Memory
- BBNaija: The Moment Praise And Lucy Mocked Laycon When Erica Tried Kissing Him – Video
- Cristiano Ronaldo breaks silence on Champions League exit, Sarri’s sack
- #JusticeForKiddwaya Trend As Nigerians Blasts African Magic For Tarnishing Kiddwaya’s Image Over Laycon And Erica
- Check Out The Real Cause Of The Lady Who Died A Day After Her Wedding (Photos)
- BBNaija: Moment Rivals, Laycon And Kiddwaya Put Aside Their Differences And Hugged Each Other (VIDEO)
- Nkiru Sylvanus Is Back To Crying Roles. See Pictures Of Her On Set (Photos)
- BBNaija: ”Laycon Is Slow, He Is Not In Love With You” – Kiddwaya Tells Erica In A Video
- Destiny Etiko Caught Flirting With Pete Edochie As She Sits On His Laps
- BBNaija: Stunning Photos Taken From Last Night’s Party In BBNaija House
- Champions League: Lewandowski set to break Ronaldo record after Chelsea win
- BBNaija: Among Laycon, Prince, Dorathy, And Wathoni Who Is Suffering The Most From This Entanglement
- Champions League: All teams confirmed for quarter-finals, full fixtures
- ‘Her Smile Is My Definition Of Success’ – Actor, Bolanle Ninalowo Gushes Over His Wife
- BBNaija: Erica tried to kiss me – Laycon
- BBNaija: Why Laycon Was Forced To Sleep In The Garden Last Night (Video)
- Champions League: Hazard under attack after Real Madrid’s exist
- VIDEO: Buruji Kashamu laid to rest, as sympathisers defy COVID-19 protocols
- #BBNaija2020: Erica Tried To Kiss Me But I Stopped Her – Laycon
- Nkechi Blessing Reveals The Best Part Of Her That People Usually Get In Love With
- Arsenal offer to pay off Ozil’s £18m contract
- Lady Who Became More Fairer After Applying More Cream Blames Science Students For Her Condition (Video)
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- BBNaija: The Lovely Moment Brighto Was Spotted Doing Dorathy’s Nails
- BBNaija Winner, Mercy Eke Hit 1.7 Million Followers On IG
- Appointment Of Judges In Nigeria Is Influenced By The Upper Class- Osinbajo
- Terry G Debuts New Look After Cutting Off His Dreadlocks
- New Zealand reaches 100 straight days of no COVID-19 transmission
- Solskjaer confirms Jones to miss rest of Europa League campaign
- Obasanjo’s COVID-19 test result revealed
- Peter Okoye Reacts To The Death Of His Former Manager, Howie T
- Gunfire erupts at Washington D.C. party, killing one and injuring at least nine
- BBNaija – Kiddwaya Turns A Hairdresser To Help Erica Wash Her Hair
- Yankees place Giancarlo Stanton on injured list with hamstring injury
- Willian confirms Chelsea exit as Arsenal move looms
- Willian Pens Emotional Departure Letter To Chelsea Fans
- I’ll support reforms that will reduce my powers on judicial appointments – CJN Ibrahim Muhammad
- BBNaija 2020: What I’ll do if evicted tonight – Nengi
- Popular Nigerian Filmmaker, Sauci Narrates How He Escaped Death From An Accident Allegedly Caused By Lagos Police
- Ivana Trump vacations in the Hamptons for the first time in 10 years
- COVID-19, a blessing in disguise, God knows about virus – Anglican Bishop, Okere
- Encomium as remains of Buruji Kashamu laid to rest
- Willian confirms Chelsea exit, as Arsenal move draws near
- Reds vs. Brewers prediction: Take Under in pitchers’ duel
- Two die in auto crash in Anambra
- Simon Cowell Hospitalized, Undergoes Surgery After Electric Bike Accident in Malibu
- Kai Havertz agrees five-year contract with Chelsea
- Insecurity: Buhari turns to traditional leaders
- Tottenham makes move for Arsenal star after Gunners’ board overrule Arteta
- Popular musician, Terry G shows his new look as he cuts off his dreadlocks
- Fashion designer allegedly brutalised by police inspector dies
- Insecurity: Buhari seeks support of traditional leaders
- Delta FCC Office: Anaughe urges staff to promote Commission’s principles