By Collins Nweze
The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) yesterday took over assets, including a factory belonging to Polema Industries Limited and its chief Promoter, Chief Emmanuel C. Obi, over N500 million debt.
AMCON acted on order from Hon. Justice F. O. G. Ogunbanjo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, who granted the corporation possession over the company and its assets in Suit No: FHC/ABJ/CS/227/2020. Justice Ogunbanjo also ordered that the bank accounts of the company as well as that of Chief Obi be frozen.
In compliance with the order, AMCON through Chike Adaka of Elite Law, the Debt Recovery Agent, who also received protective orders from the court on Wednesday, June 24, 2020 took possession of Polema Industries.
The company is located at KM 5, Osisioma Industrial Layout, Aba, Abia State; another at 32/34 Faulks Road also in Aba as well as 31, Okigwe Road in the same city.
AMCON said it had realised that peaceful negotiations with the obligor, which has been ongoing for a long time had broken down completely. The loan in question was purchased from the defunct FinBank (now FCMB) in 2011 during the first phase of Eligible Bank Asset (EBA) purchases.
Since then, AMCON has continued to engage the obligor and has extended soft landing to enable him to repay the debt as well as continue to run his business all to no avail.
Source: The Nation Online Nigeria
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via WhatsApp: +2348034798719. Email: email@example.com.
What will make you commit suicide?
- We are not from the Zoo, we are Biafrans – Idoma People Declares (video)
- Watch The Adorable daughters Of Actress Nadia Buari Help Take Out Her Braids (Video)
- Lady dies in fatal accident in Suleja, her identify unknown
- Toyin Abraham and Husband, Kolawole Ajeyemi get Romantic while Dancing (Video)
- APC: How we rigged Ondo Election to make Akeredolu Governor in 2016 – Abegunde
- COVID-19: Another lockdown possible, if… ― FG tells Nigerians
- I was paid N5,000 to murder medical doctor in Zamfara – Suspect
- Akuapem Poloo Speaks After Her Arrest By The Police
- Popular Actor Uche Maduagwu Shades Tacha
- Regina Daniels & Other Nollywood Actresses Who Had A Male As Their First Child
- See Tonto Dikeh’s Reactions After She Saw A Photoshopped Photo Of Herself & Bobrisky
- Hushpuppi: Protesters storm US Embassy, demand arrest of Atiku, Dino Melaye [PHOTOS]
- New Song: Sound Sultan – Fayaa Fayaa Ft. Duktor Sett
- Teddi Mellencamp Reveals Daughter Dove Needs To Have Neurosurgery – Warritatafo
- Disinfection Of Schools To Begin Tuesday, FG Reveals
- Herbalist Used Pastor For Ritual In Osun State (Video)
- Transfer rumours: Rice, Koulibaly, Skriniar, Milinkovic-Savic, Ake, Edouard
- New Update on makeup artist, Deborah Tushima, who was poisoned at her birthday party over iphone 11, slupmed and died while dancing – Family explains what led to her death
- Davido’s cousin, Adenike, gets Benz gift from dad as she graduates
- Lizzo Kicked Out Of Vacation Rental & Accuses Landlord Of Police Threats – Warritatafo
- Brittany Matthews reacts to Patrick Mahomes’ monster Chiefs contract
- Bandits surrender as Nigerian Army destroys terrorists’ hideouts, captures logistics’ supplier [PHOTOS]
- Man shot dead in Bronx while walking with 6-year-old daughter
- Jon Gosselin Explains Why Collin Is Missing From 4th Of July Photo – Warritatafo
- Ebuka Obi-Uchendu announces he has been confirmed #BBNaija season 5 host
- Max Irons reveals he was ‘sweating and shaking’ during gun training for Condor
- Nets raising NBA restart expectations despite decimated roster
- Nigeria is worried over impact of COVID-19 – Ehanire
- Yankees’ Aaron Judge may really be ready for Opening Day
- PACAC says Malami is arrow-head of power bloc, as panel grills Magu for hours
- New Interview – Warritatafo
- Indian hemp: 70-yr-old woman, 4 others docked in Osun
- IGR: Investment experts seek review of tax collection initiative
- Disney Star Sebastian Athie dies at age 24
- Russian navy to receive some 40 warships this year
- NGO campaigns against rape in Abuja
- ‘Athlete A’: What Is the New Netflix Documentary About?
- Kanayo becomes a lawyer after passing law school
- Yankees are battle-proven for craziness of 2020 MLB season
- New York father fatally shot while holding daughter’s hand (Photos)
- Prison officials want to ensure Ghislaine Maxwell doesn’t meet same fate as Epstein
- #Coronavirus: Boris Johnson criticised over care home comments
- State govts responsible for COVID-19 patients’ evacuation — NCDC
- KJ Apa Shows Off His Dancing Skills & Beard In New TikTok Video – Warritatafo
- Covid-19: Teaching staff exempted from Kano worker’s resumption order
- COVID-19: FG dispatches 17-member team to C/River
- PACAC releases preliminary report on Magu’s invitation by presidential Panel
- I Masturbate When I Breastfeed My Son” – Woman Confesses [Read Here]
- Expert claims Americans will wear masks for ‘several years’ due to coronavirus
- Official Video: Zinoleesky – Mapariwo
- Dax Shepard and Monica Padman Defend ‘The Good Place’ Producer Megan Amran Over Racist Tweets
- ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’: Sweetest Things LL Cool J and Chris O’Donnell Said About Their Friendship
- See photos of Yankees star Gerrit Cole’s ‘adorable’ baby boy
- Domestic flights will no longer serve meals aboard — Aviation minister
- ‘Temptation Island’: Morgan Lolar Claims Evan Smith Tried to Steal Her Engagement Ring While She Slept