August Alsina has confirmed that he had an affair with Will Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith.
27-year-old Alsina was introduced to 48-year-old Pinkett in 2015 by her son Jaden. They became very close and he even had a vacation with the family in Hawaii in 2016 and attended the 2017 BET Awards with her.
Rumour of their affair circulated for some time, with fans thinking Alsina’s 2019 song “Nunya” was written about the actress as it had the line “You got me feeling like it was an act, you’re just an actress/Putting on a show ’cause you don’t want the world to know.”
The track’s official video also featured a shot of a text message from a love interest listed as “Koren,” which just so happens to be Jada’s birth-given middle name. August Alsina has however repeatedly denied this.
The 27-year-old singer who talked about his new album The Product III: stateofEMERGEncy in an interview with radio personality Angela Yee, alleged that he received Will Smith’s blessing for the romantic affair.
“People can have whatever ideas that they like, but what I’m not OK with is my character being in question. When certain things are questionable that I know is not me, or that I know that, what I haven’t done — contrary to what some people may believe — I’m not a troublemaker. I don’t like drama. Drama actually makes me nauseous.
“I also don’t think that it’s ever important for people to know what I do, who I sleep with, who I date, right? But, in this instance, it’s very different, ’cause as I said there is so many people that are side-eyeing me, looking at me questionable about it.
“I actually sat down with Will [Smith] and had a conversation due to the transformation from their marriage to life partnership … he gave me his blessing.”
He also disclosed that he fell in love with Pinkett and even lost “money, friendships [and] relationships” because of rumours of having a secret affair with her. Alsina added that he thinks “it’s because people don’t necessarily know the truth, but he never did anything wrong.”
“I totally gave myself to that relationship for years of my life, and I truly and really, really deeply love and have a ton of love for her. I devoted myself to it, I gave my full self to it — so much so to the point that I can die right now and be okay with knowing that I truly gave myself to somebody.
“And I really loved a person, I experienced that and I know what that feels like — and some people never get that in this lifetime. I know that I am completely blessed and this conversation is difficult because it is so much, that it would be hard for people to understand but — once it starts to affect me and my livelihood — I have to speak up about my truth.
“I love those people literally like my family. I don’t have a bad thing to say about them. They are beautiful people.”
“So much so that being intertwined in that way — walking away from it butchered me. I’m shakin’ right now because it almost killed me. Not almost. It did — it pushed me into being another person, my newer self. It. Broke. Me. Down.”
During the interview, Yee asked “Is it disappointing that she [Pinkett] never addressed it to you, because like you said, you lost out on opportunities?”
Alsina responded by saying;
“I really can’t even get into the thought of that because I am only responsible for myself, right. And I am only responsible for, you know. what I do. When I am repressing and suppressing things and it starts to affect me. I have to address it. I just always stay solid because I never want to be the person to start confusion.”
This is coming after Jada Pinkett Smith said that she and the Bad Boys star haven’t faced any cheating issues in their relationship in a June 2019 Red Table Talk episode. The actress however, did recall how she’s been in instances in the past where she’s been cheated on and been the one to step out on her partner.
When PageSix reached out to Jada Pinkett Smith’s representative for comments about the interview, the response they got was “Absolutely not true!!”
Source: Linda Ikeji’s Blog
- Wei Ye Oteng explains Daddy Lumba’s longevityMusic producer Wei Ye Oteng has urged the current crop of musicians and those who aspire to be counted among music legends to emulate Daddy Lumba, stressing that the highlife great has been relevant ...[Read more]
- Burna Boy Reacts As Sowore challenges Him To Join The #RevolutionNow ProtestPopular singer, Burna Boy has responded after convener of the #RevolutionNow movement, Omoyele Sowore challenged him to join and protest against President Muhammadu Buhari’s government on forthcoming ...[Read more]
- #RevolutionNow: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join The ProtestNigerian activist and politician, Omoyele Sowore has endeavored popular singer, Burna Boy to join in on the #RevolutionNow protest. Sowore challenged the singer to the title of a ‘revolutionary ...[Read more]
- Sarkodie gives credit to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, others in Major Lazer documentaryGhanaian rapper and entrepreneur Michael Owusu Addo known as Sarkodie has given praise to most Ghanaian artistes including Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy for coming together to put Ghana on the map ...[Read more]
- Albert Haynesworth arrested on domestic assault charge after incident with ex-girlfriendCLEVELAND, Tenn. — Former Tennessee Titans All-Pro defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth was arrested Monday after he was accused of threatening and yelling at his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. ...[Read more]
- Michigan man fatally shot after argument in line at haunted houseA Michigan man was fatally shot and his attacker is on the loose after the pair is believed to have had an argument while standing in the line to get into a Detroit haunted house, police said. The ...[Read more]
- What a surprise! See what fans did for Mercy Eke on of her birthday.It was such an amazing birthday for the BBNaija star on her birthday as her friends gathers to donate two lots of land at Lekki on her birthday on 27th. She could not hide her excitement as she was ...[Read more]
- Woman who went missing 2 years ago discovered alive at seaIn a survival saga for the ages, a Colombian woman who had fallen off the grid two years ago was miraculously discovered alive at sea by flabbergasted fishermen. Video of her dramatic rescue has ...[Read more]
- “I Don’t Trust None Of You”, Burna Boy Blasts SoworeBurna Boy (source: Instagram) Nigerian Grammy Awards nominee, Burna Boy, has taken a dig at a former presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore on social media. The singer in response to a tweet from ...[Read more]
- Ulta takes 20 percent off top-selling beauty products during Fall Haul saleThere’s no such thing as having too many beauty products. And now you can max out your collection during Ulta’s annual Fall Haul event. The sale is taking up to 20% off all of your favorite beauty ...[Read more]
- Marines in North Carolina warned not to jog at night because of coyote attacksAfter at least four coyote attacks, Marines at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, are being advised against jogging in the Wallace Creek area of the base at night. An official in the game warden’s office ...[Read more]
- ‘Lion King’ sequel officially in the works with director Barry JenkinsThe “Circle of Life” continues for Disney’s hit, “The Lion King.” A little over a year since releasing the hugely profitable CGI reboot of the 1994 animated classic, Walt Disney Studios has confirmed ...[Read more]
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Inherit the Viper’ on Hulu, a Painfully Generic Josh Hartnett-led Crime-DramaNow on Hulu, Inherit the Viper is a Josh Hartnett vehicle, which is a phrase I haven’t used in a long, long time. In this gritty drama, the Lucky Number Slevin star plays an Oxycontin dealer in the ...[Read more]
- ‘Love Island’: It’s Final Date Night for The Last Four Couples in This Exclusive ClipAfter weeks packed with high-drama episodes and some shocking summer TV moments, Season 2 of Love Island USA is finally coming to an end. But it’s not over just yet — the CBS reality dating show ...[Read more]
- Pay our tax, Lagos Internal Revenue tells LayconFunny as it seems, Nigerians and mostly Lagosians took out laughs as Lagos Internal revenue congratulates BBNaija winner Laycon asking him to pay his tax in a hilarious manner. Many Nigerians have ...[Read more]
Join The Discussion👇🏾
- on BBNaija: See What Nengi Found Under Her Bed That Ozo Left For Her A very big love
- on “I Can’t Remember When I Had A S3kz With Any Man, So I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant ” – 17-year-old Girl Whose Newborn Was Allegedly Buried Alive Claims The traditional healer in whose Hafsat spent months in his house shoul…
- on FG cries out, says IPOB bent on destroying Nigeria THE LASTING SOLUTION TO NIGERIA IS UNITED STATE OF BIAFRA PERIOD .BUHA…
- on IPOB warns of continuous killing of members by security operatives Well for me ipob is for freedom
- on FG cries out, says IPOB bent on destroying Nigeria Are You sleeping when kanu said he will destroy Nigeria with truth. If…
- on ‘I Feel Beautiful When I Do Braids’- Tiwa Savage Reveals As She Shows Off New Hairstyle (PHOTO) Timeless beauty ageless too she is always pretty
- on BBNaija: “Ozo’s Family Doesn’t Want Nengi”- See What His Sister Posted Online That Got People Talking What ozo sister did is wrong. Why would she say that forgetting that N…
- on Breaking!!! Kanu Promises to Drop Biafra Agitation on One Condition Rape: (Apart from people who rape with occuitic power with small girl…
- on #BBNaija: “I’m a big fan, this guy sweet die” – Mercy Eke gushes over Prince (Video) Med oooo🤨🤨🤨😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣
- on Laycon Finally Makes Housemates Understand Why He Wears Sweater And Socks 24/7 And It’s Heartbreaking- See Reactions From Nigerians Aww sorry laycon