Questions surrounding the nature of August Alsina’s relationship with Jada Pinkett-Smith have lingered for years. While the two have stated that they are merely friends, fans have always speculated that there was more between them — and apparently, they were right.
Background on August Alsina and Jada Pinkett-Smith
August Alsina met in Pinkett-Smith in 2015 after being introduced to the Set It Off actress by her son Jaden, whom she shares with Will Smith. Over the next few years, they were repeatedly seen hanging out and even posing for pictures together. But August Alsina suggested that she was more like a mentor, noting that she helped him recover from drug addiction and tended to give him “life advice.”
Still, their close-knit relationship continued to attract major side-eye from fans. August Alsina kicked the romance rumors into overdrive in September 2018 when he posted a tribute to Pinkett-Smith for her 47th birthday that was more detailed and emotional than her own husband’s.
He also fueled rumors in March 2019 when he released a song called “Nunya,” where he sings about an estranged lover named Koren, which just so happens to be the actress’s middle name. But he later denied it was about her.
August Alsina’s latest comments about Jada Pinkett-Smith
August Alsina had been talking to Angela Yee of The Breakfast Club in an interview published on June 30 when she brought up his dating history. She was particularly interested in his relationship with Pinkett-Smith and asked whether they were really seeing each other. Before diving into the nature of their relationship, he first explained around the 16:30 mark that he was not a “homewrecker.”
“I actually sat down with Will and had a conversation due to the transformation from their marriage to life partnership that they’ve spoken on several times and it not involving romanticism… He gave me his blessing,” he explained, referencing a July 2018 interview where Will said he and his wife no longer call themselves married but refer to each other as “life partners.”
Going on, August Alsina continued, “I totally gave myself to that relationship for years of my life and I truly and really, really, deeply loved and have a ton of love for her. I devoted myself to it. I gave my full self to it — so much so to the point that I can die right now and be OK with knowing that I truly gave myself to somebody and I really loved a person. I experienced that.”
He admitted that the fling was hard to talk about but said he felt he had to clear his name after losing business over allegations that he was having an affair with Pinkett-Smith.
Has Jada Pinkett-Smith responded?
Pinkett-Smith herself has yet to respond to August Alsina’s remarks. But when asked how he felt about her silence over the years, the “No Love” singer said he didn’t mind that she has never fully addressed their relationship.
“I never could even get into the thought of that because I’m only responsible for myself and I’m only responsible for what I do when I’m repressing things and it starts to affect me,” he said. “I have to address it. I just always stayed silent because I never wanted to be the person to cause confusion because I love these people. I really, genuinely do.”
“And I have literally never been in love in that kind of way — so much so that being intertwined in that way and walking away from it butchered me … it broke me down,” he continued.
Even so, he suggested that he is still on good terms with the Smiths. But we’re wondering how things will pan out once they catch wind of this interview…
Source: Showbiz Cheat Sheet
What will make you commit suicide?
- We are not from the Zoo, we are Biafrans – Idoma People Declares (video)
- Watch The Adorable daughters Of Actress Nadia Buari Help Take Out Her Braids (Video)
- Lady dies in fatal accident in Suleja, her identify unknown
- Toyin Abraham and Husband, Kolawole Ajeyemi get Romantic while Dancing (Video)
- APC: How we rigged Ondo Election to make Akeredolu Governor in 2016 – Abegunde
- COVID-19: Another lockdown possible, if… ― FG tells Nigerians
- I was paid N5,000 to murder medical doctor in Zamfara – Suspect
- Akuapem Poloo Speaks After Her Arrest By The Police
- Popular Actor Uche Maduagwu Shades Tacha
- Regina Daniels & Other Nollywood Actresses Who Had A Male As Their First Child
- See Tonto Dikeh’s Reactions After She Saw A Photoshopped Photo Of Herself & Bobrisky
- Hushpuppi: Protesters storm US Embassy, demand arrest of Atiku, Dino Melaye [PHOTOS]
- New Song: Sound Sultan – Fayaa Fayaa Ft. Duktor Sett
- Teddi Mellencamp Reveals Daughter Dove Needs To Have Neurosurgery – Warritatafo
- Disinfection Of Schools To Begin Tuesday, FG Reveals
- Herbalist Used Pastor For Ritual In Osun State (Video)
- Transfer rumours: Rice, Koulibaly, Skriniar, Milinkovic-Savic, Ake, Edouard
- New Update on makeup artist, Deborah Tushima, who was poisoned at her birthday party over iphone 11, slupmed and died while dancing – Family explains what led to her death
- Davido’s cousin, Adenike, gets Benz gift from dad as she graduates
- Lizzo Kicked Out Of Vacation Rental & Accuses Landlord Of Police Threats – Warritatafo
- Brittany Matthews reacts to Patrick Mahomes’ monster Chiefs contract
- Bandits surrender as Nigerian Army destroys terrorists’ hideouts, captures logistics’ supplier [PHOTOS]
- Man shot dead in Bronx while walking with 6-year-old daughter
- Jon Gosselin Explains Why Collin Is Missing From 4th Of July Photo – Warritatafo
- Ebuka Obi-Uchendu announces he has been confirmed #BBNaija season 5 host
- Max Irons reveals he was ‘sweating and shaking’ during gun training for Condor
- Nets raising NBA restart expectations despite decimated roster
- Nigeria is worried over impact of COVID-19 – Ehanire
- Yankees’ Aaron Judge may really be ready for Opening Day
- PACAC says Malami is arrow-head of power bloc, as panel grills Magu for hours
- New Interview – Warritatafo
- Indian hemp: 70-yr-old woman, 4 others docked in Osun
- IGR: Investment experts seek review of tax collection initiative
- Disney Star Sebastian Athie dies at age 24
- Russian navy to receive some 40 warships this year
- NGO campaigns against rape in Abuja
- ‘Athlete A’: What Is the New Netflix Documentary About?
- Kanayo becomes a lawyer after passing law school
- Yankees are battle-proven for craziness of 2020 MLB season
- New York father fatally shot while holding daughter’s hand (Photos)
- Prison officials want to ensure Ghislaine Maxwell doesn’t meet same fate as Epstein
- #Coronavirus: Boris Johnson criticised over care home comments
- State govts responsible for COVID-19 patients’ evacuation — NCDC
- KJ Apa Shows Off His Dancing Skills & Beard In New TikTok Video – Warritatafo
- Covid-19: Teaching staff exempted from Kano worker’s resumption order
- COVID-19: FG dispatches 17-member team to C/River
- PACAC releases preliminary report on Magu’s invitation by presidential Panel
- I Masturbate When I Breastfeed My Son” – Woman Confesses [Read Here]
- Expert claims Americans will wear masks for ‘several years’ due to coronavirus
- Official Video: Zinoleesky – Mapariwo
- Dax Shepard and Monica Padman Defend ‘The Good Place’ Producer Megan Amran Over Racist Tweets
- ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’: Sweetest Things LL Cool J and Chris O’Donnell Said About Their Friendship
- See photos of Yankees star Gerrit Cole’s ‘adorable’ baby boy
- Domestic flights will no longer serve meals aboard — Aviation minister
- ‘Temptation Island’: Morgan Lolar Claims Evan Smith Tried to Steal Her Engagement Ring While She Slept