• Wants FG to address genuine agitations of Igbo
• CAC should withdraw ‘erroneous’ Ohanaeze certificate — Ibegbu
• We’re intact, disregard fake news — New Ohanaeze
By Clifford Ndujihe, Vincent Ujumadu & Dennis Agbo
The Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC, has allegedly withdrawn the registration of the splinter group of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, saying it has not fulfilled all the requirements for registration.
The traditional ruler of Igbariam in Anambra East local government area of Anambra State, Igwe Nkeli Nzekwe had made waves over the weekend after inaugurating a splinter group of Ohanaeze, making Basil Onyeachonam as the president general of Ohanaeze Worldwide, with himself as the chairman of Board of Trustees, BoT, adding that all those holding offices in Ohanaeze before the inauguration had ceased to function in those offices.
President General of the splinter group, Onyeachonam said the group’s major assignment is to ensure that the president of Nigeria in 2023 should come from Igbo land and warned that the Igbo might resort to self-help in handling insecurity in the area due to the activities of killer herdsmen.
He said: “I make bold to say that come 2023, an Igbo man will be elected as the president of Nigeria. The unity of Ndigbo is paramount and sacrosanct in actualizing Igbo presidency in 2023.
“We are confronted with routes leading to diverse goals, but as we see it, there is only one road that we can safely recommend for us to tread and it is the unity of Nigeria and Igbo presidency in 2023.
“We need peace and security in Igboland and Nigeria at large; we need development, empowerment of Ndigbo in strategic government positions, we need equitable distribution of national resources and national development projects in Igboland.
“We want the Federal Government of Nigeria to equitably address the genuine agitations of our people.
“The president must sit up to the current security challenges in Igboland, to dissuade our people from inevitable self-help”
However, confusion trailed yesterday the alleged withdrawal of the registration granted the group by the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC.
A statement by the commission, which is circulating in the social media read: “This is to inform the general public that the certificate of registration No. IT 1444918 issued inadvertently to the Trustees of OHANEZE NDIGBO GENERAL ASSEMBLY has been withdrawn by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
“The Trustees of the Association have been advised to return the said certificate to the commission as same has been cancelled. The conditions for the issuance of the certificate have not been fully fulfilled.”
However, the chairman of the splinter group of Ohanaeze Ndigbo General Assembly, Mr. Basil Onyeachonam is still talking tough against the leadership of Chief Nnia Nwodo –led apex Igbo socio –cultural organization, telling the federal government to address genuine agitations of Ndi Igbo.
CAC should withdraw ‘erroneous’ Ohanaeze certificate — Ibegbu
Reacting to the deregisteration of the splinter group, Deputy Publicly Secretary of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Mr Chuks Ibegbu said the main stream Ohanaeze Ndigbo led by Chief John Nnia Nwodo was in support of the move by the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC, to withdraw the certificate of incorporation erroneously issued to the individuals.
According to Ibegbu, the certificate should be withdrawn because it was illegally registered and should be probed.
He said: “There are due process to register such an organisation and it was not followed. The circumstance that led to the registration should be probed. Something must have gone wrong in CAC. I think that the enemies of Ndigbo are at work.
“These chaps are enemies of Ndigbo and desperadoes. They should be arrested for impersonation.
“Ohanaeze leadership under Nwodo is intact. There is no crack whatsoever. Enemies of Ndigbo are behind this and we shall soon unmask them.
“Can this kind of thing happen in the North or West? I doubt it. We must punish Igbo black legs and sell outs. We cannot tolerate this treachery any further.”
We’re intact, disregard fake news — New Ohanaeze
But in a counter reaction, the splinter group of Ohanaeze Ndigbo has urged members of the public and Ndigbo to disregard reports that its registration certificate had been withdrawn by the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC.
Dismissing the reports as fake news, Publicity Secretary of the new group, Sir Chimzobam Nnalue, said the letter was not from the CAC, adding that the group is intact at CAC’s portal.
He said in a statement: ”The general public is hereby informed to disregard the fake news being circulated on facebook by some paid agents claiming that our CAC certificate has been withdrawn. The letter is not from the CAC The newly registered Ohanaeze Ndigbo led by Barr Onyeachonam is intact at the CAC portal.”
Source: Vanguard News
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Danjuma Breaks Silence On Frozen Account After Magu Arrest
- Embattled EFCC boss, Magu, threatens hunger strike
- Ned Nwoko is NOT The Father Of Regina Daniels Baby – Her Ex-Boyfriend Exposes The UNTOLD TRUTH
- “It Is Not My Fault Multichoice Wanted Me To Be on So Many Episodes, I’m Blessed” – KimOprah Reacts To Critics
- Mercy Johnson and Other Top Nigerian Celebrities Killed Simi Duduke Challenge
- Popular Nigerian Celebrity Stumbles Over His Words On Simi’s Latest Slaying Photo
- What will you tell Yahoo boys,Reno ask Magu
- See Ini Edo’s Reaction To Sick Ufuoma and Other Celebrities Who Cried Out For Medical Attention
- See Ini Edo’s beautiful sister who is beautiful as she is
- We’re afraid to confront Lucifer, Church of Satan founder —Abia community residents
- EFCC: Magu clears air on N4bn allegedly given to Osinbajo
- Funke Akindele did not buy me a house – Pa James Ajirebi cries out in new Video, spills the truth of what Funke Akindele did (VIDEO)
- Instagram influencer, Poshnicki in tears as trailer crushes her less than 2-month-old SUV
- Actress, Linda Ejiofor welcomes baby with her husband Ibrahim Suleiman
- Naira Marley Signs Emo Grae To Marlian Music
- Download Korede Bello – Morire Mp3
- “I’m Well Now”- Kunle Afolayan Says After Ini Edo Finally Replied His Message
- Italy bans entry from 13 countries over COVID-19 fears
- Hot Music: The Sarz Academy Ft. Wizkid & Sarz – Hold Me
- Top 10 Most Followed African Celebrities on Instagram
- Osinbajo Must Resign If He Wants To Sue Me – Jackson Ude
- Rapper, Pop Smoke’s social media led killers to LA home after he posted his address online by mistake
- Everything you need to know about today’s Champions League & Europa League draw
- “Thank you Allah for saving my life” – Yoruba Actor, Mustapha Sholagbade, recounts ordeal as he leaves Hospital, thanks Femi Adebayo, Bimpe Oyebade (PICS)
- BREAKING: Prominent Lagos Politician, Tunde Buraimoh is Dead
- Spotify is crashing with other iPhone apps, Facebook glitch suspected
- “Never tell your secrets to a woman in love” Actress Lisa Omorodion berates ladies who tell their friends’ secrets to their significant other
- Brandis Kemp, ‘Fridays’ and ‘AfterMASH’ Actress, Dies at 76
- Family and friends of Naya Rivera ‘in disbelief’ over her disappearance
- Mega-contract says Patrick Mahomes can’t do ‘pretty much every physical activity’
- COVID-19: WHO gives update on 19 potential vaccines
- Trump doubles down on threat to cut funding for schools that don’t reopen
- DJ Jimmy Jatt Is Coming Back With Digital Lagos Party
- I Got Approval from President Buhari to suspend Ibrahim Magu- AGF Malami
- Giants mailbag: Don’t expect more from consistent Leonard Williams
- ‘Palm Springs’ Ending Explained: Writer Andy Siara Knows “Exactly What Happened”
- Police Investigate Alleged Murder Of 4-Year-Old Boy By Own Father
- FBI kidnapped Hushpuppi from Dubai to US – Lawyer alleges
- These classes can help you kickstart a new e-commerce side-hustle
- Sarah Paulson Throws Fuel on the Bravo Fire: Lisa Vanderpump’s Fans Spewed “Vitriol” After Recent Diss
- This UV sanitizing tower is a game-changer for cleaning your home
- Nollywood Actress Jaiye Kuti Is A Year Older Today
- Buhari Appoints Umar as Acting EFCC Chairman
- “How a Facebook Comment Crashed A Marriage” – Man Reveals(Photos)
- Breaking: Ikorodu indigene launches first Bitcoin ATM in Africa (Video)
- Singer Naira Marley acquires another mansion in Lagos (photos)
- Court sees disturbing photos of Amber Heard’s bruised face after alleged phone throwing
- Khloe Speaks On Being Pregnant, Says It Will Chase Away Her Husband
- Real Madrid vs Alavés: Zidane’s squad for LaLiga clash confirmed
- Ukrainian tennis star Dayana Yastremska defiant amid blackface backlash
- Ukranian tennis star Dayana Yastremska responds to blackface backlash
- This teeny record player combines a retro aesthetic with modern technology
- Insecurity: Restore military checkpoints, police only checking particulars – Kogi NUJ begs Buhari
- Three Kidnapped Victims Rescued By Nigerian Troops
- Magu has secrets that could blow up Nigeria, some powerful forces want him dead – Bamgbose