While Will and Jada Pinkett Smith have one of the longest marriages in Hollywood, rumors have run rampant for years that they have an open marriage. The couple definitely have principles that some find odd, but for many, they are #couples goals. But a former close friend to the Smith family, singer August Alsina, has sparked the discussion of the Smiths having an open marriage once again after alleging that he and Jada had an affair, and that he had Will’s blessing. Social media users are chiming in on the Smiths’ alleged marital status.
Will and Jada Pinkett Smith have been rumored to have an open relationship for years
Will and Jada have never denied that they have an open marriage. While they both say they have an honesty policy, Jada has also said that she’s not the traditional wife and doesn’t necessarily abide by the idea of marriage. Instead, she says she’s ride or die, and considers herself to be a “life partner.”
She told HuffPost Live in 2013, ”I’ve always told Will, ‘You can do whatever you want as long as you can look at yourself in the mirror and be OK,” she said.“Because at the end of the day, Will is his own man. I’m here as his partner, but he is his own man. He has to decide who he wants to be and that’s not for me to do for him. Or vice versa.”
On an episode of Red Table Talk, Jada said that she had never cheated on Will during their marriage, but that she’d made other hurtful mistakes. However, both have reportedly admitted that they don’t believe in monogamy.
August Alsina and Jada Pinkett Smith were rumored to have dated in the past
Alsina and Jada met in 2015 through her son, Jaden, at a music festival. The two entered into a close friendship and bonded over addiction and their inner-city upbringings. Alsina and Jada publicly praised one another and said they were close friends, and Alsina even spent family time at the Smiths home. He once appeared on Jada’s popular Red Table Talk and discussed his life and relationship with her, saying that Jada accepted him as a little brother.
For Jada’s birthday in 2018, he shared a heartfelt tribute on his Instagram, writing in part. “Thank you for seeing my heart and character & not measuring me based upon what I️ come from. You see me for who I am & what I’m gonna be, even when I️ can’t see ME. Thank you for challenging me on a daily basis. You’re A little piece of heaven here on earth.”
Rumors about their alleged affair were drummed up after Alsina released his 2019 single, Nunya, where he sang, “You got me feeling like it was an act, you’re just an actress/Putting on a show ’cause you don’t want the world to know.” The accompanying music video featured a screenshot of a text message from a love interest named Koren, which is Jada’s middle name.
August Alsina says he and Jada Pinkett Smith had a relationship
In a new and lengthy interview with Angela Yee, Alsina opens up about his alleged affair, confirming what he’d previously denied. According to him, Will gave him the OK to pursue Jada as the two were allegedly not experiencing andy romance in their marriage.
Alsina told Yee that he has no regrets about his time with Jada. “I truly and really, really, deeply loved and have a ton of love for her [Jada]. I devoted myself to it. I gave my full self to it. So much so that I can die right now, and be OK knowing that I fully gave myself to somebody. Some people never get that in this lifetime.”
Fans weigh in on Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith’s alleged open marriage after August Alsina’s revelation
Alsina’s interview with Yee is circulating the internet and fans are weighing in on the singer’s allegations. Some are fine with it.
“Y’all do know that open marriages are a thing,” one asked in the comment section of The Shade Room.
“I don’t see why everyone is surprised,” wrote another.
“Will and Jada have an open relationship. That’s not news…the news is, how tf did August Alsina bag Jada Pinkett,” one Twitter user asked.
“Open marriages, what’s wrong with that,” asked another.
Others are outraged that if this is true, Alsina would kiss and tell.
“Man, this ain’t our business,” one wrote.
“August, we could have lived without knowing about this! Everything private don’t need to be spoken about in public,” wrote another.
The Smiths haven’t responded as of yet, but fans are hoping Jada discusses the situation on the next episode of Red Table Talk.
Source: Showbiz Cheat Sheet
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Akeredolu Reacts To Strike Threat From Ondo State Workers
- BREAKING: Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- NNPC worker discovers anti-hypertensive herbal remedy that reverses hypertension, lowers BP, others [SPONSORED]
- Notorious gang leader, Abiola Ebila killed in Ibadan
- Daughter of Texas cop killed in ambush slammed for tweeting #bluelivesmatter
- Actress Ini Edo gets her Akwa-Ibom state appointment renewed
- Actress Rita Dominic shares more stylish new photos to celebrates her 45th birthday
- Ramón Vilar: Levante Club Director is dead
- Olivia Culpo reveals newest member of her family with Christian McCaffrey
- Gernot Rohr says 2022 World Cup year will be a difficult year for Super Eagles
- Oyo’s Most Wanted Criminal, Ebila Killed In Ibadan Attack
- 22-year-old lady buys her husband an expensive car (photos/video)
- Actress Mimi Orjiekwe Gets A Lexus LX570 SUV For Her Birthday
- 20 Years after Warri War, Ijaw, Itsekiri demand justice from oil
- Pregnant Youtuber, Nicole Thea Dies With Unborn Baby at 24
- Wofai Fada opens up on how she received her Mercedes Benz G- Wagon from a Man
- Wolves defeat Everton at home to boost chances of qualifying for Champions League
- Vidal goal keeps alive Barcelona title hopes
- Ize-Iyamu laundered 700 million without contracts-EFCC
- Darius Rucker and wife Beth Leonard split after 20 years of marriage
- Amotekun: Hunters threaten boycott over online registration
- Lady discovered she was pregnant on the day she gave birth
- Buhari told to sack Buratai now
- Chelsea Striker Tammy Abraham Suffers Racist Abuse Again
- “Naya Rivera’s disappearance is not suicide” – Cops says after speaking to her son about ‘tragic accident’
- UNILAG: ASUU, Governing Council head for showdown over meetings
- Sen. Josh Hawley against ESPN suspending Adrian Wojnarowski
- Lagos doctors begin 3 days warning strike Monday
- COVID-19: Kwara Deputy Governor’s aides test positive
- Washington Redskins to retire nickname many consider racist
- Authorities building case against Bronx man who put NYPD officer in headlock
- N46B JOBS: Why Nigeria will never develop
- Liberty aren’t complaining about reportedly gross WNBA bubble
- Chef Daniel Boulud’s ‘terrance’ thrives despite limited outdoor seating
- COVID-19: BOI rolls out strategy for industry supports
- POWER CRISES:More electricity woes as tariff shortfall heads to N822bn
- Nets in talks with ex-Knick Lance Thomas to join NBA restart roster
- Bump stock maker seeks compensation from Las Vegas massacre victim fund
- Naira to depreciate further in parallel market
- Winona Ryder will testify Johnny Depp was ‘never abusive’ to her: report
- CUNY planning for most classes to be online this fall amid coronavirus concerns
- Lack of drama gives Mets reason to ‘believe’
- Yankees’ Gerrit Cole lauds Gary Sanchez as domination grows
- Run, Ngozi, Run!
- Magu Should Carry His Cross — Nigerian Police
- Soaring disrespect for cops means big trouble for the most vulnerable New Yorkers
- It’s not just police: Public servants of all stripes are now under assault
- The speech police go after the peanut gallery
- How Congress can get the next COVID-relief bill right
- 774,000 Jobs: 20 man selection committee inaugurated in Taraba
- New York horse-racing bookies land millions in PPP loans as critics cry foul
- Pregnant Youtuber, Nicole Thea Dies With Unborn Baby at 24
- Controversial Clint Frazier makes admirable mask pledge
- Joints, disjoints and dislocations in the Buhari government
- Free speech is under threat and other commentary