•Work goes on —Ondo Govt
By Dayo Johnson
GOVERNOR Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State, yesterday, tested positive for the coronavirus. The governor’s COVID-19 status, however, sent fears down the spines of commissioners, lawmakers and traditional rulers, who had contacts with the governor in the last one week.
Akeredolu, however, assured that he will continue to perform his official duties from his self-isolation.
The governor, who broke the news on his twitter handle, said: “Earlier today (yesterday), I got confirmation of a positive result for COVID-19.”
His words: “I am asymptomatic and not displaying any symptoms. I am currently self-isolating, and supervised home management will be administered by the wonderful team at our Infectious Disease Hospital, IDH. I ask that we all stay safe and be well.”
Later in a state broadcast, Akeredolu said: “My good people of Ondo State, it gives me great pleasure to address you at this moment.
“I had malaria a few days ago and was treated and did get over it and as at the time we had our party NEC and my colleagues called on me, I spoke with one of them who said malaria should not be treated lightly but I should go ahead and have a test for COVID-19. The result came out yesterday, 30th of June, 2020 and I tested positive but I am very asymptomatic.
“I do not feel sick neither am I feeling hot in any way, but my doctors have decided that I should take the normal treatment and self-isolate.
“I believe that supervised home management will be ideal for me for now, so from now I will be isolated and go on with the supervised home management.
“Let me assure our people that as you can see me there are many of us like this that don’t have the symptoms but it is there and you cannot see it and in few days time, we will conduct another test and we will know the result.
“Let me assure our people that the work is going on here at home I will be attending to files which are the normal thing I do and there is nothing that will stop work from going on.
“I want to plead with my political associates that they should continue with the project we are sure to win. “As you know, I am gifted to get through to my destination, knowing that I am a man with special gifts, and my trust in God to get through this is unshaken.”
Fear grips commissioners, lawmakers, monarchs, others
Vanguard, however, gathered that commissioners, lawmakers and traditional rulers, who had contacts with the governor in the last week, expressed fear of being infected with the virus.
Members of the Ondo State House of Assembly, led by the speaker, Mr. Bamidele Oloyelogun, led the members to obtain and submit the governorship nomination form in Abuja and, on arrival, visited him at the Government House.
Also, the chairman of the state council of Obaship the Olugbo of Ugbo, Oba Frederick Akinruntan led other traditional rulers to endorse the governor for a second term in office last week.
A reliable source told Vanguard that the governor had sent words to all the commissioners and others, who had contact with him in the last one week to submit themselves for tests so as to know their health status.
No component of govt will suffer—Ojogo
Reacting, the Information and Orientation Commissioner, Mr. Donald Ojogo, in a statement, said: “the governor has resolved to self-isolate, in line with accepted global standards in respect of COVID-19 protocols. This becomes necessary to ensure a proper determination and direction of focus.”
The statement reads: “Mr. Governor trusts in God that all will be well even as he seeks the prayers of all and sundry during this period. It must be noted, however, that the decision by the governor to go into self-isolation is voluntary and clearly depicts the need for transparency as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Accordingly, there is nothing to fear; and no component of government business will be adversely affected within the period of the Governor’s self-isolation.
“In this regard, Mr. Governor calls on all to be steadfast and remain committed to his or her assigned official responsibilities.
“Specifically, Mr. Governor calls on his Campaign Team to continue with all planned events and itineraries as regards the re-run project. We shall win and win big, he assures.”
Undergo tests, Akeredolu directs cabinet members
“In the meantime, Governor Akeredolu has directed all members of the cabinet, close aides and others who have had reasons for constant contacts with him to undergo compulsory tests.”
Source: Vanguard News
What will make you commit suicide?
- Why We Beat Chelsea – West Ham Manager, David Moyes
- Major Shakeup In NNPC As Chief Operation Officer Abruptly Resigns
- Naira Value Crashes as Liquidity Crisis Increase
- “I Don’t Eat Meat Or Chicken” – DJ Cuppy Reveals Why
- Breaking: Ondo Health Commissioner dies of COVID-19, aged 65
- Edo Elections: Wike Slams APC Candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu
- 3 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Remained Loyal And Defended Hushpuppi Since His Arrest
- Nigerian Woman Welcomes Twins After 11 Years Of Marriage – See Photos
- Billionaire Daughter, DJ Cuppy Reveals Why She Doesn’t Eat Meat Or Chicken
- See What Ned Nwoko Said When His Senior Wife, Laila Paid Regina Daniels A Visit After Her Child Delivery
- Npower news for Thursday, 2nd July 2020
- “Nigerians got talent” – See how people reacted to a cake which looks like a building site
- Do You Know That Hushpuppi Has Two Children ?. Meet Daisy, One Of Hushpuppi’s Beautiful Babymamas
- BBN: Frodd Uncovers Why His Relationship With Esther Didn’t Work Out
- 20-Year-Old Groundnut Seller And Rape Victim Gives Birth To Triplets (Photos)
- “This is not my baby” – Regina Daniels finally clears the air about the baby going viral as her son
- New Song: Kosere – What If ft Pasuma (Prod. By Boldface)
- 1xBet to give away 100 cool smartphones in the new 1xGalaxy promotion
- US To Take Over Hushpuppi And Woodberry Arrest
- Kogi security trust fund boss dies
- It is only in Ghana that Some men Think Women Cannot Become Successful on Their Own – Hajia4real
- Edo Guber: Ganduje heads 49-member APC National Campaign Council
- YAWA! “I Don Make 6 Girls Cry This Year, My Target Na 20” Man Plans To Take Revenge On Other Ladies For what His Girlfriend Did To Him
- “Fear Women” Is Trending On Twitter. See Some Of The Best Stories As Men Share Their Experiences
- 54-Year-Old Pastor Arrested For Defiling 12-Year-Old Girl In Ogun
- Seth Meyers insists Ghislaine Maxwell wasn’t busted in his NH hometown
- Can Lea Michele’s ‘mean girl’ behavior be forgiven?
- FG targets $25bn from aviation sector, says Sirika
- Nigeria Loses Former Ambassador To Togo, Okobi
- Inter Milan Complete €40m Hakimi Signing From Real Madrid
- Cat miraculously survives 12 minutes in washing machine during hot cycle
- Why we cannot expose Boko Haram sponsors – Nigerian Army
- White woman pulls gun on black woman, daughter during parking lot argument
- Edo 2020: PDP optimistic about future of the party with Obaseki as flagbearer
- NYPD releases images of suspect in slashing of 2-year-old boy
- Coronavirus and Nigerian politicians: Infections, recoveries, and deaths
- Italian marines ‘entitled to immunity’ in 2012 shooting of Indian fishermen, Hague court rules — Warritatafo
- Ize-Iyamu calls for violence-free election, wishes Obaseki God’s abundant blessings
- Reps ask Army to release wife of Soldier who spoke out against Security chiefs
- COVID-19: Ekiti warns traders against displaying goods on road medians
- ‘The Great’ Renewed for Season 2 at Hulu
- Koeman moves into Barcelona as Setien faces sack
- ‘The Challenge 35’: Johnny ‘Bananas’ Devenanzio Allegedly Flirted With Jenny West Throughout the Season
- Prince Charles and Princess Diana Both Wanted to Call Off the Wedding — So Why Did They Get Married?
- Who Is Claudia Conway? 5 Things To Know About Kellyanne’s Daughter – Warritatafo
- City to find out Champions League ban fate July 13
- WWE star Kane, known for mask, votes against mask mandate as mayor
- Formula One mogul Bernie Ecclestone becomes a father again at 89
- De Blasio calls budget process ‘thoughtful’ after it was ripped by Dermot Shea
- Gospel singer, Sammie Okposo and wife celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary (Photo)
- These massive sharks have teeth on their eyeballs
- 2023: I’m not part of new National Consultative Front – Olisa Agbakoba
- NBA will spend over $150 million on restart in Orlando
- Rep. Nadler cruises to expected Democratic primary win
- Video: Timo Werner reveals why he rejected Liverpool, Man Utd for Chelsea