By Ayo Onikoyi
Popular comedian and social commentator, Francis Agoda, famously known as I Go Dye has called on President Muhammadu Buhari and Nigerians to resist the Senate in stalling the special public works programme of the Ministry of State for Labour, Employment and Productivity under the watch of Festus Keyamo, to reduce unemployment for Nigerian Youths.
I Go Dye made the call through an open letter addressed to the President and Nigerian Youth. He said it was his duty as an Ambassador for Good Governance Human Resources and Development (GGHRAD).
The letter reads in part : “This nation has suffered so much, most especially the youths who are faced with unemployment, which the Senate has not solved or advocated for any social support programme to empower them.
Nigerians would have applauded the Senate if they were deliberating that the salaries of twenty thousand that will be paid is too small and are working to see a further expansion of the programme, instead of attacking the process of implementation. As Ambassador for Good Governance Human Resources and Development (GGHRAD) I want to remind the Honorable members of both Houses of the National Assembly, that until they pass a law for sustainable social welfare policy that will cater for all Nigerians, they will not be celebrated.
We can’t continue to allow a set of people, to ridicule Nigerians with a pretentious impression that they really care for us.
For three months now, Nigerians have been on a partial lockdown and the Senate have not deliberated on any means to assist Nigerians with any financial support.
This Honourable Senate should have been awake to it’s responsibilities, by appealing to the Presidency that Nigerians ought to be empowered during the last three months, but they have not deliberated on any kind of social support to any Nigerian, even the funds donated since Covid 19 pandemic have not been implemented to the knowledge of Nigerians.
This is a project for the masses and the leadership class of senators should not try to control it, because of their personal desires to hijack it into a political party affair or to sabotage it since it wasn’t their idea’s , when they have failed to advocate for social support for Nigerians.”
The humour merchant reiterated the importance of employment to the Nigerian youths and begged the Senate not to truncate it while admonishing the Honourable Minister of Labour, Employment and Productivity, Keyamo to come forth with better clarification on the implementation of the National Directorate of Employment recruitment exercise.
He said, “I urge all Nigerians to resist the Senate in their quest to stop or influence the process of empowering Nigerians. I also admonish the Honourable Minister of State for Labour to clarify this issue ,to the overall understanding of Nigerians, so that they may not be misguided into any false claims, he also has a duty to maintain his good standard and reputation and do all within his best, while institutions and individuals working to achieve this goal should make sure ,it does not fill it up with ghost workers, while those who are suppose to benefit will be excluded from the process. We all should ensure that the project is fully implemented.”
“The senate and Mr President must do everything humanly possible to activate this project as part of the promises they made to Nigerians, since this process has been placed under the office of the Honorable Minister to the benefits of Nigerians,” he added.
The Minister and the Senate had a frosty session that led to exchange of caustic words on Monday at the Hallowed chamber over the NDE recruitment exercise being proposed by the Minister.
Source: Vanguard News
What will make you commit suicide?
- Never Reveal These 6 Secrets About Your Personal Life To Anybody
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu is my Leader, we are not quarreling – Uche Mefor clears air
- Kogi Gov’s Security Aide, Ariyo, Fired By Yahaya Bello
- 10 Things You Should Never Rush In Life, No Matter The Pressure.
- 7 Types of People You Shouldn’t Trust
- 7 Things Your Boyfriend Does That Shows He Is Playing You For A Fool
- 10 Ways You’re Unknowingly Disrespecting Your Husband
- Wizkid’s Son, Zion Makes The Ovaries of Women Churn In An All White Burberry Shirt (Photo)
- Tears, cheers greet rotation of troops in North-East
- 10 Nigerian Celebrities With Many Children From Different ‘Baby Mamas’
- 7 things you should never Apologize for in Life
- Photos Of The US Prison Where Hushpuppi And Woodberry will likely be Detained
- ‘The Johnson’s’ Actress, Susan Pwajok, stuns fans with adorable new photos
- Hot! 5 Celebrities Rihanna has Dated
- Main Reason Why Drake drew Lil Wayne’s Tattoo on his Upper left arm
- Must Read! 8 Signs they shows a Girl is Lonely
- 10 Signs Someone is Losing Interest in You
- Top 5 American Rappers who married their High School Sweetheart
- Like Sister, Like Sister! Meet Bukunmi Oluwasina’s little sister who’s also an Actress
- MAD O! Erigga Reacts As Scammers Try To Scam Him With Promise Of A Job Opportunity
- Akwa Ibom Lifts Ban On Wedding And Burial Ceremonies
- Bobrisky’s boyfriend buys him a brand new car for keeping their relationship secret (Video)
- “Stop Using My Pictures To Sell Fake Items” – Toke Makinwa Warns IG Marketer (Photo)
- Solskjaer Gives Update On Squad Ahead Of BourneMouth Clash
- APC Fires Back At PDP Over Claims Of Plotting To Derail Edo Election
- ‘This Is Us’: 3 Performances That Prove Chris Sullivan Deserves All the Awards
- 10 Things We Have Learnt In This Corona Virus Pandemic
- Man, 72, arrested for pushing 86-year-old out of elevator ‘to protect him and wife against Coronavirus’
- 2023: What counts against Igbo Presidency
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Fans Speculate That Elizabeth Potthast’s Family Is Trying to Get Their Own Spinoff
- UN staffers put on leave after video surfaces of sex act in official car
- Sports anchor Dan O’Toole says his 1-month-old daughter is missing
- Christina Ricci Seen Without Wedding Ring 1 Day After Divorce Filing – Warritatafo
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Star Rhea Seehorn Explains Kim Wexler’s ‘Erratic’ and ‘Reckless’ Action in Season 5
- Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre cried ‘tears of joy’ after Ghislane Maxwell’s arrest
- Dead fish are popping up all along the Hudson River
- Dbanj Rape Allegation: Segalink confirms that Miss Seyitan was detained by Police
- MLB’s first coronavirus test results are encouraging
- Hydroxychloroquine helped COVID-19 patients survive better – Study
- Ghislaine Maxwell won’t give up Prince Andrew, close pal says
- Premier League club escapes being scammed of £100m by Hushpuppi
- Have ‘Love It or List It’ Stars David and Hilary Ever Dated?
- ‘Black Panther’: Having a Black Superhero Wasn’t All that Made the MCU Film So Successful
- ‘The Last Kingdom’: The Major Questions That Need to Be Answered in Season 5
- Michael Cohen caught at NYC restaurant — and it could land him back in prison
- Denise Richards & Husband Go Shopping After She Addresses Affair Rumor – Warritatafo
- Hushpuppi Allegedly Conspired To Defraud Premier League Club Of $128 Million
- Colorado cops fired for reenacting Elijah McClain chokehold near memorial
- Manhattan restaurant opens with private greenhouses for distanced dining
- August Alsina: ‘No one was sideswiped by any conversation’ about rumored affair
- Fleetwood Town 1-4 Wycombe Wanderers: Gareth Ainsworth’s side take control of play-off semi-final
- Texas quadriplegic dies of COVID-19 after hospital refuses treatment, family claims
- Hushpuppi’s many sins: Money laundering, scam, frauds, EPL club, others
- Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy suggested $1 million pay cut after review
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Southern Survival’ On Netflix, Where The Folks At BattlBox Test Survival Gear In Extreme Ways