The Ogun state police command has arrested a man allegedly parading himself as a lawyer in the state.
Ogun state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi said the suspect was arrested following a petition written to the DPO Ajuwon police station by a legal practitioner.
Upon being questioned by the police, the suspect identified as Elijah Ayodeji Ojo reportedly disclosed that he was once a law student but never graduated.
“Though he gained admission to study law at Ekiti State University, he did not finish the course, neither did he go to law school.
“He has been parading himself as a legal practitioner for quite some time now and has been using that to swindle several people of huge amounts of money.
“The complainant had reported that Ojo used to parade himself as a lawyer, thereby extorting money from unsuspecting members of the public, despite the fact that he had never been to law school anywhere.
“Upon the petition, the DPO Ajuwon division, SP Andrew Akinseye, and his team of detectives embarked on a painstaking intelligence investigation about the self-acclaimed lawyer.
“In the process of their investigation, they came across a woman who was charged to court for an offence, but was duped by the suspect, who collected about N300,000 from her to perfect her bail condition, but never showed up in the court.
“The suspect was subsequently arrested after much evidence had been gathered against him.
“On interrogation, he confessed that though he gained admission to study law at Ekiti State University but did not finish the course or went to law school.”
Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Kenneth Ebrimson has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to the State CIID for further investigation and prosecution.
Source: Linda Ikeji’s Blog
What will make you commit suicide?
- Never Reveal These 6 Secrets About Your Personal Life To Anybody
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu is my Leader, we are not quarreling – Uche Mefor clears air
- Kogi Gov’s Security Aide, Ariyo, Fired By Yahaya Bello
- 10 Things You Should Never Rush In Life, No Matter The Pressure.
- 7 Types of People You Shouldn’t Trust
- 7 Things Your Boyfriend Does That Shows He Is Playing You For A Fool
- Tears, cheers greet rotation of troops in North-East
- 10 Ways You’re Unknowingly Disrespecting Your Husband
- Wizkid’s Son, Zion Makes The Ovaries of Women Churn In An All White Burberry Shirt (Photo)
- 10 Nigerian Celebrities With Many Children From Different ‘Baby Mamas’
- 7 things you should never Apologize for in Life
- Photos Of The US Prison Where Hushpuppi And Woodberry will likely be Detained
- ‘The Johnson’s’ Actress, Susan Pwajok, stuns fans with adorable new photos
- Hot! 5 Celebrities Rihanna has Dated
- Like Sister, Like Sister! Meet Bukunmi Oluwasina’s little sister who’s also an Actress
- Must Read! 8 Signs they shows a Girl is Lonely
- Main Reason Why Drake drew Lil Wayne’s Tattoo on his Upper left arm
- Top 5 American Rappers who married their High School Sweetheart
- 10 Signs Someone is Losing Interest in You
- MAD O! Erigga Reacts As Scammers Try To Scam Him With Promise Of A Job Opportunity
- Akwa Ibom Lifts Ban On Wedding And Burial Ceremonies
- Bobrisky’s boyfriend buys him a brand new car for keeping their relationship secret (Video)
- “Stop Using My Pictures To Sell Fake Items” – Toke Makinwa Warns IG Marketer (Photo)
- Solskjaer Gives Update On Squad Ahead Of BourneMouth Clash
- APC Fires Back At PDP Over Claims Of Plotting To Derail Edo Election
- “Hushpuppi tried to steal $124 million from an English Premier League Club” — US Federal prosecutors officially charge Hushpuppi for fraud; faces 20 years in US prison.
- City Hall admits new budget dismantles unit for placard crackdown
- Hydroxychloroquine can help save hospitalized COVID-19 patients ― study
- A Few Billie Eilish’s Songs Made It to the ’13 Reasons Why’ Soundtracks
- Trump’s 4th of July military air show to fly from Boston, over NYC to DC
- Pacers’ Victor Oladipo won’t play in bubble due to re-injury risk
- Machine Gun Kelly Wears Bad Boy Shirt After Megan Fox Date – Warritatafo
- Tesco demands supplier price cuts in discount battle
- BREAKING: Benue gov’s wife, son, staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Nigerian Law School audit uncovers fraud, cleaner paid N32m, staff gets N36m dressing allowance
- ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’: Aisha Tyler Once Voiced a Character in a Popular Video Game Franchise
- Man rapes, impregnates 14-year-old girl In Sokoto, throws baby in bush
- NBA, union agree on 29 approved social justice messages for jerseys
- ‘This Is Us’: 3 Performances That Prove Chris Sullivan Deserves All the Awards
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Desperados’ on Netflix, a Hapless Rom-Com with an All-Too-Appropriate Title
- 10 Things We Have Learnt In This Corona Virus Pandemic
- Man, 72, arrested for pushing 86-year-old out of elevator ‘to protect him and wife against Coronavirus’
- 2023: What counts against Igbo Presidency
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Fans Speculate That Elizabeth Potthast’s Family Is Trying to Get Their Own Spinoff
- UN staffers put on leave after video surfaces of sex act in official car
- Sports anchor Dan O’Toole says his 1-month-old daughter is missing
- Christina Ricci Seen Without Wedding Ring 1 Day After Divorce Filing – Warritatafo
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Star Rhea Seehorn Explains Kim Wexler’s ‘Erratic’ and ‘Reckless’ Action in Season 5
- Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre cried ‘tears of joy’ after Ghislane Maxwell’s arrest
- Dead fish are popping up all along the Hudson River
- Dbanj Rape Allegation: Segalink confirms that Miss Seyitan was detained by Police
- MLB’s first coronavirus test results are encouraging
- Hydroxychloroquine helped COVID-19 patients survive better – Study
- Ghislaine Maxwell won’t give up Prince Andrew, close pal says
- Premier League club escapes being scammed of £100m by Hushpuppi