The Nigerian Navy Ship Jubilee (NNS) on Tuesday said that it has seized a vessel used for oil bunkering and arrested five suspects in Akwa Ibom.
The Commander of NNS Jubilee, Commodore Majid Ibrahim, disclosed this to newsmen during the handing over of the vessel and suspects to officials of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in Ikot Abasi.
Ibrahim said that the vessel was seized during an anti-illegal oil patrol by the Nigerian Navy along Uta-Ewa Creek on May 18.
“In line with the Chief of Naval Staff’s strategic directive and the need to secure Nigeria’s maritime domain against all forms of illegalities, the Nigerian Navy Ship Jubilee on anti illegal oil patrol arrested MT PREYOR 1 on May 18, 2020 along Uta-Ewa Creek for suspected illegal oil bunkering activities.
“The vessel was laden with unspecified quantity of illegally refined Automotive Gas Oil (AGO).
“As required by the Harmonized Standard Operating Procedure, the suspects, vessel and products are hereby handed over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for further investigation and possible prosecution,” Ibrahim said.
The commander said that the command would not relent in it fight against maritime crimes and criminalities.
He warned persons involved in criminal activities within the coastal waters to look for legitimate means of livelihood or relocate as the command would continue to arrest them and hand them over to relevant security agencies for prosecution.
The commander commended the Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ibas, for providing all the moral and logistics support required to achieve the feat.
He urged the media to sensitise the public on the need to cooperate with the security forces in the fight against all forms of criminalities.
Receiving the vessel, products and the five suspects on behalf of EFCC, Mr Victor Ikang, Head Extractive Industry, Fraud Section, Uyo Zonal office thanked the Navy for the arrest.
He assured that the commission would investigate the case thoroughly to bring all culprits to book.
“I receive the vessel alongside with the suspects. We thank the Nigerian Navy for being a partner in the fight against Economic Crimes.
“We assure the Navy that we will carry out further investigation and make sure that culprits are brought to book,” he said.
Source: Vanguard News
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Why did you lie? Nnamdi Kanu replies Femi Adesina
- Akeredolu Reacts To Strike Threat From Ondo State Workers
- BREAKING: Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Nigeria election: Dasuki opens up on ‘campaigning’ for Buhari, ‘supporting’ APC, Tinubu under Jonathan
- NNPC worker discovers anti-hypertensive herbal remedy that reverses hypertension, lowers BP, others [SPONSORED]
- Notorious gang leader, Abiola Ebila killed in Ibadan
- Actress Ini Edo gets her Akwa-Ibom state appointment renewed
- Daughter of Texas cop killed in ambush slammed for tweeting #bluelivesmatter
- Ramón Vilar: Levante Club Director is dead
- Actress Rita Dominic shares more stylish new photos to celebrates her 45th birthday
- Olivia Culpo reveals newest member of her family with Christian McCaffrey
- Gernot Rohr says 2022 World Cup year will be a difficult year for Super Eagles
- 22-year-old lady buys her husband an expensive car (photos/video)
- 20 Years after Warri War, Ijaw, Itsekiri demand justice from oil
- Oyo’s Most Wanted Criminal, Ebila Killed In Ibadan Attack
- Actress Mimi Orjiekwe Gets A Lexus LX570 SUV For Her Birthday
- Pregnant Youtuber, Nicole Thea Dies With Unborn Baby at 24
- Wofai Fada opens up on how she received her Mercedes Benz G- Wagon from a Man
- Wolves defeat Everton at home to boost chances of qualifying for Champions League
- Vidal goal keeps alive Barcelona title hopes
- Ize-Iyamu laundered 700 million without contracts-EFCC
- Child Actress Susan Pwajok aka Blessing of the hit TV series “The Johnsons” is all grown up (photos)
- Darius Rucker and wife Beth Leonard split after 20 years of marriage
- Amotekun: Hunters threaten boycott over online registration
- Lady discovered she was pregnant on the day she gave birth
- Bump stock maker seeks compensation from Las Vegas massacre victim fund
- Winona Ryder will testify Johnny Depp was ‘never abusive’ to her: report
- CUNY planning for most classes to be online this fall amid coronavirus concerns
- Lack of drama gives Mets reason to ‘believe’
- Yankees’ Gerrit Cole lauds Gary Sanchez as domination grows
- Run, Ngozi, Run!
- Magu Should Carry His Cross — Nigerian Police
- Soaring disrespect for cops means big trouble for the most vulnerable New Yorkers
- It’s not just police: Public servants of all stripes are now under assault
- The speech police go after the peanut gallery
- How Congress can get the next COVID-relief bill right
- 774,000 Jobs: 20 man selection committee inaugurated in Taraba
- New York horse-racing bookies land millions in PPP loans as critics cry foul
- Pregnant Youtuber, Nicole Thea Dies With Unborn Baby at 24
- Controversial Clint Frazier makes admirable mask pledge
- Joints, disjoints and dislocations in the Buhari government
- Free speech is under threat and other commentary
- Only public-private partnership can bridge Nigeria’s housing deficit — Akintunde
- Iran agency says chain of errors caused Ukrainian plane crash
- Father, son duo involved in Ghosn great escape denied bail
- President Buhari told to sack the Chief of Army Staff, Buratai now
- Lampard ‘concerned’ after stunning 3-0 defeat to Sheffield United
- 571 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria
- Ethiopia to restore toppled UK bust of Emperor Haile Selassie
- British MMA star, Jahreau Shepherd tragically dies at the age of 30
- Landing right withdrawal: Nigeria to review Air agreement with UK, others
- “Magu’s probe targeted at Tinubu, Osinbajo” – Fani-Kayode Says
- Lisa Marie Presley’s son Benjamin Keough reportedly dead in suicide
- Lisa Marie Presley’s son, grandson of Elvis, reportedly dead in suicide
- Adrian Wojnarowski’s ESPN suspension will last two weeks