By Omobola, Tolu-Kusimo
Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc has recorded a profit after income tax of N3.61 billion in the year ended 2019, a 214 per cent increase from N1.15 billion recorded in 2018.
According to the firm, its gross premium rose by 18 per cent from N15.84 billion in 2018 to N18.7 billion last year.
Net premium income stood at N15.29 billion, representing a 13 per cent increase from N13.48 billion in 2018.
The company also recorded a growth in underwriting profit of 77 per cent, which rose to N5.4 billion from N3.1 billion recorded in 2018 and a 13 per cent increase in net underwriting income from N13.96 billion in the previous year to 15.77 billion in the year under review.
Shareholders’ fund for the year under review stands at N13.43 billion, a 50.33 per cent increase from the previous year’s N8.94 billion, while total assets grew by 14 per cent from N59.4 billion in 2018 to N67.8 billion in 2019.
The company and its subsidiary, Mutual Benefits Life Assurance, however, paid combined claims amounting to N21 billion in 2019. The General Business paid N3.2 billion, while Life Business paid N17.8 billion.
The Managing Director, Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc, Femi Asenuga, said: “A twin approach of increased revenue drive and more robust underwriting process in 2019 ensured an impressive 77 per cent increase in underwriting profit from N3.1 billion in 2018 to N5.4 billion in 2019.’’
On the company’s five-year strategic plan tagged Project One Reloaded, Asenuga said they had made giant strides towards delivering more innovative and cutting-edge solutions to our teeming customers with the launch of an attractive, user-friendly website with e-commerce capabilities and a mobile-application.
Source: The Nation Online Nigeria
What will make you commit suicide?
- We are not from the Zoo, we are Biafrans – Idoma People Declares (video)
- Watch The Adorable daughters Of Actress Nadia Buari Help Take Out Her Braids (Video)
- Lady dies in fatal accident in Suleja, her identify unknown
- Toyin Abraham and Husband, Kolawole Ajeyemi get Romantic while Dancing (Video)
- APC: How we rigged Ondo Election to make Akeredolu Governor in 2016 – Abegunde
- COVID-19: Another lockdown possible, if… ― FG tells Nigerians
- I was paid N5,000 to murder medical doctor in Zamfara – Suspect
- Akuapem Poloo Speaks After Her Arrest By The Police
- Popular Actor Uche Maduagwu Shades Tacha
- Regina Daniels & Other Nollywood Actresses Who Had A Male As Their First Child
- See Tonto Dikeh’s Reactions After She Saw A Photoshopped Photo Of Herself & Bobrisky
- Hushpuppi: Protesters storm US Embassy, demand arrest of Atiku, Dino Melaye [PHOTOS]
- Khloé Kardashian, Tristan Thompson spend Fourth of July together
- Teddi Mellencamp Reveals Daughter Dove Needs To Have Neurosurgery – Warritatafo
- Herbalist Used Pastor For Ritual In Osun State (Video)
- Transfer rumours: Rice, Koulibaly, Skriniar, Milinkovic-Savic, Ake, Edouard
- New Update on makeup artist, Deborah Tushima, who was poisoned at her birthday party over iphone 11, slupmed and died while dancing – Family explains what led to her death
- Davido’s cousin, Adenike, gets Benz gift from dad as she graduates
- Lizzo Kicked Out Of Vacation Rental & Accuses Landlord Of Police Threats – Warritatafo
- Brittany Matthews reacts to Patrick Mahomes’ monster Chiefs contract
- Bandits surrender as Nigerian Army destroys terrorists’ hideouts, captures logistics’ supplier [PHOTOS]
- Disinfection Of Schools To Begin Tuesday, FG Reveals
- Jon Gosselin Explains Why Collin Is Missing From 4th Of July Photo – Warritatafo
- New Song: Sound Sultan – Fayaa Fayaa Ft. Duktor Sett
- New Song: Golden Boi – Pick Up ft MYkeelis
- Why John Bonham Wasn’t Sure About Joining Led Zeppelin at First
- Central Park ‘Karen’ busted – but she’s suffered enough
- Decontamination of schools start Tuesday -FG
- ‘Unsolved Mysteries’: FBI Offers Reward in Alonzo Brooks Case, Fans Uncover Old Blog With Subtle Clues
- Vouchers of up to £5,000 for home insulation
- VH1 ‘tossed around’ idea of Flavor Flav as ‘The Black-chelor’
- Masahiro Tanaka incident was slow torment for Giancarlo Stanton
- Philly bar owner pulls gun on black man after social distance dispute
- MCU: Why Scarlett Johansson Didn’t Want Black Widow to Receive This Sendoff in ‘Avengers: Endgame’
- Jason Kidd’s bond with Giannis Antetokounmpo adds to complicated Knicks coaching candidacy
- Jason Kidd bond with Giannis Antetokounmpo adds to complicated Knicks coaching candidacy
- Kardashian Fans Are Worried About True Promoting Diapers on the Internet
- Georgia Gov. Kemp authorizes National Guard after 8-year-old killed
- Lin-Manuel Miranda says movie adaptation of ‘Hamilton’ unlikely
- Jets rookie Denzel Mims is no fan of ‘dirty-a–, trash-a–‘ Philadelphia
- Netflix ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ Reboot Has 3 Major Issues According to Fans
- What Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus’ Boyfriends Max Ehrich and Cody Simpson Have in Common
- Alan Dershowitz busy on Twitter after Page Six’s nude beach exclusive
- US violated UN Charter with drone strike on Soleimani – UN rapporteur on extrajudicial executions — Warritatafo
- Anthony Fauci says current US coronavirus climate is ‘serious situation’
- ’90 Day Fiancé ‘: Fans are Rooting for Kenneth and Armando to Save the Season
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Have 1 Strict Rule for Their Marriage, Source Says
- Needless spat over 774,000 job scheme
- Only known jointly signed pic of Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump costs $32,500
- Meghan Markle Spent 7 Times What Kate Middleton Spends on Clothes, Royal Authors Say
- Thor’s Character Arc in the MCU Wasn’t Actually That Great, According to Fans
- ‘The Bachelorette’: Trista Rehn Sutter Was Sued Over the Small Fortune She Made By Televising Her Wedding
- Kate Middleton Was ‘Horrified’ by Meghan Markle’s ‘Foot-Stamping Rant’ at Her Staff, Source Claims
- Racism and statues: How the toxic legacy of empire still affects us
- Her Baby Bump’s Getting Bigger – Warritatafo