By Godwin Oritse
THE Management of the Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA, has debunked media reports based on a petition written by one Mr. John Okpurhe to President Muhammadu Buhari alleging that a secret account was being operated by the Authority.
A statement signed by the NPA spokesman, Engr Adams Jatto, said the petitioner accused the Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami, SAN, of allegedly refusing to reward him after exposing over $1bn supposedly hidden in an account with Unity Bank Plc.
The statement also said that “the said account number, 0013680344, allegedly being operated by NPA does not exist as evidenced by a letter from the bank, Unity Bank Plc.”
Jatto stated that the allegation lacks substance adding, “Mr. Okpurhe, claiming to be a whistleblower cited an account number, 0013680344, allegedly being operated by NPA but this account does not exist as evidenced by a letter from Unity Bank Plc.
“The NPA operates an account with Unity Bank Plc with account number: 0013670344 with a total sum of $1,057,772.03 as of December 4, 2019 and not $1,034,515,000.00 as alleged by the petitioner.
“However, the NPA account has not been in operation since August 27, 2010 due to a Suit No: FHC/L/CS/582/2010 Garnishee Order Nisi in Aminu Ibrahim & Co and Anor. VS. Nigerian Ports Authority where a garnishee order was placed on it following a case, which went from the Federal High Court to the Supreme Court over a period of eight years.
“Upon the determination of the case at the Supreme Court, the judgment creditors continued with the Garnishee process which resulted in the credit of the amount $1,057,772.03 in favour of Suit No: FHC/L/CS/582/2010 Garnishee Order Nisi-Aminu Ibrahim & Co and Anor. VS. Nigerian Ports Authority on December 4, 2019 in line with the Garnishee Order absolute.
“It is, therefore, obvious that there is no cloned account as speculated in the alleged whistle blowing effort of Mr. Okpurhe.
“The account under discussion was frozen on the strength of a court order in August 2010, following the completion of the case, the money was consequently transferred to the judgment creditor on December 4, 2019 in line with the Garnishee Order Absolute.”
Source: Vanguard News
What will make you commit suicide?
- Pregnant Woman Who Died And Was Buried Gives Birth In Her Grave(Video)
- I Pity You, It Will End In Tears’ – Teni Speaks Doom On DJ Cuppy
- Tacha’s Ex-bestie, Sir Dee Stuns ” The Brekete Kingdom” With New Looks Few Days After He Was Sacked (Photos)
- Madonna, 61, flaunts her perky boobs as she leans on a crutch
- 6,594 Lagos Occupants Recover from COVID-19 with self medication, Says Prof. Akin Abayomi
- “Ole Ni Everybody” Naira Marley Mocks EFCC Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu Over His DSS’ Arrest
- NYSC Set To Kick Start Physical Verification Exercise For Foreign-Trained Graduates
- BBN’s Princess Onyejekwe tells babymamas, others to stop doing wife duties for a man that is not their husband
- Bobrisky says there is no justification for beating a girlfriend or wife as he speaks on Abusive Relationships
- Don’t Do Wife Duties For Girlfriend Prices – BBNaija’s Princess Priceless Advise To Ladies
- ‘Summer House’: Lauren Wirkus Marries David Raih in an Intimate Ceremony
- ‘The Office:’ Jenna Fischer Posts 10-Year Anniversary Photo With Her Husband But Fans Are Asking For Jim
- 5 Nigerian Celebrities who have been arrested, charged Abroad for fraudulent activities
- Actress Tayo Odueke A.K.A Sindodo Is Celebrating Her Mum On Her Birthday
- Sleeping in a Cell is Allah’s Wish for Me – Magu
- Check Out Korede Bello’s New Look
- Regina Daniels Ex-Best Friend rumored to be dating her Ex-Boyfriend
- Update: Ghanaian actress, Akuapem Poloo arrested over her nude photo with her seven-year-old son
- The society only appreciates fully dressed hardworking ladies while those unclad are regarded as promiscuous – Actress Moyo Lawal
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Bugsy Drake Won’t Tolerate Sexually Inappropriate Behavior From Lead Deckhand
- AY Poyoo Now Has More YouTube Subscribers Than Yaa Pono, Joey B, Efya, Edem & Others
- Pension fraud: Ihedioha exonerates self, blames Okorocha
- Actress Ada Karl laments over not being able to conduct some online activities linked to the US because she is in Nigeria
- Nigerian Foreign Exchange Traders Lament Over Naira’s Devaluation
- Checkout These Amazing Photos Of An African Woman Who Still Slays At 52(Photos)
- Brazil’s Bolsonaro tests positive for Covid-19 — Warritatafo
- Lil Dicky Admits He Still ‘Feels Pressure’ to Release Music Even Though He Has His Own Show
- ‘Counting On’: Jinger Duggar Posts the Sweetest Family Photo to Mark 20 Weeks Pregnant
- DeShaun Watson doesn’t want the Patrick Mahomes contract from Texans
- Alleged N700m fraud: I am sick – Edo APC candidate, Ize-Iyamu tells court
- Thandie Newton Says Tom Cruise’s Huge Zit Was the Real ‘Mission: Impossible’
- 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo should exercise caution ― Minister
- ‘RHONY’: Dorinda Medley’s Home Is the First Place Carole Radziwill Visits After Quarantine
- Nigerian Lady narrates how God gave her a second chance after she survived an accident, shares pictures of rods and screws fixed into her leg
- New Jersey primary candidate sues to remove party lines on ballots
- 14 bodies recovered from River Benue after sunday’s boat mishap
- Josh Brolin and wife Kathryn Boyd expecting second child together
- Why Baker Mayfield, wife Emily celebrated on Patrick Mahomes’ contract day
- Claps Back After He Slams Him For Drake Diss – Warritatafo
- “Most entertainers are broke, Covid-19 has shown who saved for raining day”- Rapper Illbliss
- Johnny Depp testifies that Amber Heard may have once defecated in their bed
- Why Did Jay-Z and Beyoncé Skip Out on Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s Wedding?
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus
- Edo 2020: Obaseki ‘ll be shocked at outcome of election ― Ganduje
- Car speeds away with protester on hood after alleged lynching attempt in Indiana
- Madonna, 61, poses topless in mirror selfie
- EFCC: More details on Magu’s probe emerge
- Enough Is Enough, Reopen All Churches Now — CAN Urges Lagos, Others
- The Song From ‘Hamilton’ That Was Inspired By a Lot of Beatles Songs
- Paris Jackson gets candid about self-harm and depression
- Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro announces he’s tested positive for Coronavirus but says he feels ‘perfectly well’ and has only mild symptoms
- President Buhari makes new appointments,See categories
- #Coronavirus: Majority testing positive have no symptoms
- Ondo: APC label resignation of Dep. Gov, SSG from party as unreasonable
- Country singer Lindsay Ell reveals she was raped at 13 and 21 years old