By Taofik Salako, Deputy Group Business Editor
Shareholders of Niger Delta Exploration & Production (NDEP) Plc have approved a payment of dividend of N17 per share for the 2019 business year, the highest payout in the company’s 13 years of consistent dividend payment.
The 25th Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held virtually due to the impact of COVID-19 pandemic and in line with the guidelines provided by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Chairman, Niger Delta Exploration & Production (NDEP) Plc, Mr Ladi Jadesinmi, said the company had witnessed remarkable performance over the past 10 years and predicted another decade of further significant achievements for the company.
He assured the shareholders that the company would continue to explore ways to enhance returns on their investments.
Acting Chief Executive Officer, Niger Delta Exploration & Production (NDEP) Plc, Dr. ‘Layi Fatona, also reassured shareholders of the strong positioning of the company.
According to him, NDEP is on a solid growth track and is well-positioned to weather the challenges of the operating environment including a low oil price regime, reduced OPEC production quotas and the uncertainties surrounding COVID-19 pandemic.
Fatona assured shareholders that the well-being of staff and stakeholders is of paramount importance to NDEP, adding that the company had made considerable investments towards ensuring the health and safety of its human capital following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
NDEP’s revenue grew by 16 per cent from N39 billion in 2018 to N46 billion in 2019, the highest in the past decade due to its strong asset quality and operational processes.
The company also recorded a share of profit of N9 billion from its associate, ND Western Limited, while its crude oil revenue rose to N38.3 billion from N29.4 billion in 2018, a year-on-year improvement of 30 per cent, as a result of an increase in production despite the market’s price volatility.
In 2019, NDEP recorded 10 million man-hours with no Loss Time Injury (LTI), despite a significant increase in activity levels, while average daily production at its Ogbele Field increased to a record 7,500 barrels per day during the year under review.
Total gas production of 13.330 billion standard cubic feet (Bscf) was recorded with a minimal technical flare of 193.92 million standard cubic feet (MMscf) about 1.45 per cent of production by its subsidiary, ND Gas Limited, while the company also reported the successful completion of the first of two phases of its refinery expansion project, marked by the production of refined petroleum products just after midnight of December 31, 2019.
The second phase (Train-3) is at the final stages of mechanical completion. The Ogbele Refinery is the first fully-fledged modular refinery in Sub-Saharan Africa.
“From our modest beginnings and small Nigerian shareholder base, we have grown into a fully integrated energy company, with Sub-Saharan Africa exposure and over 1600 shareholders.
Successfully holding our 25th AGM, and celebrating our 13th year of consistent dividend payments show just how far we have come, the solid fundamentals and prudent resources management of NDEP Plc,” Fatona said.
NDEP Plc is an Independent integrated energy company through its wholly-owned operating companies – Niger Delta Petroleum Resources Limited (NDPR), ND Gas Limited and ND Refineries Limited.
It owns a range of assets including its flagship asset, the Ogbele Oil and Gas Field with a fully self- managed Flow Station, 11,000 barrels per day processing capacity refinery that will soon be commissioned, a 100 million standard cubic feet per day gas processing plant, and an operations and management (O&M) venture in South Sudan.
Source: The Nation Online Nigeria
What will make you commit suicide?
- Pregnant Woman Who Died And Was Buried Gives Birth In Her Grave(Video)
- I Pity You, It Will End In Tears’ – Teni Speaks Doom On DJ Cuppy
- Tacha’s Ex-bestie, Sir Dee Stuns ” The Brekete Kingdom” With New Looks Few Days After He Was Sacked (Photos)
- Madonna, 61, flaunts her perky boobs as she leans on a crutch
- 6,594 Lagos Occupants Recover from COVID-19 with self medication, Says Prof. Akin Abayomi
- NYSC Set To Kick Start Physical Verification Exercise For Foreign-Trained Graduates
- BBN’s Princess Onyejekwe tells babymamas, others to stop doing wife duties for a man that is not their husband
- Bobrisky says there is no justification for beating a girlfriend or wife as he speaks on Abusive Relationships
- Don’t Do Wife Duties For Girlfriend Prices – BBNaija’s Princess Priceless Advise To Ladies
- ‘Summer House’: Lauren Wirkus Marries David Raih in an Intimate Ceremony
- ‘The Office:’ Jenna Fischer Posts 10-Year Anniversary Photo With Her Husband But Fans Are Asking For Jim
- 5 Nigerian Celebrities who have been arrested, charged Abroad for fraudulent activities
- Actress Tayo Odueke A.K.A Sindodo Is Celebrating Her Mum On Her Birthday
- “Ole Ni Everybody” Naira Marley Mocks EFCC Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu Over His DSS’ Arrest
- Check Out Korede Bello’s New Look
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Bugsy Drake Won’t Tolerate Sexually Inappropriate Behavior From Lead Deckhand
- Pension fraud: Ihedioha exonerates self, blames Okorocha
- The society only appreciates fully dressed hardworking ladies while those unclad are regarded as promiscuous – Actress Moyo Lawal
- Sleeping in a Cell is Allah’s Wish for Me – Magu
- AY Poyoo Now Has More YouTube Subscribers Than Yaa Pono, Joey B, Efya, Edem & Others
- Regina Daniels Ex-Best Friend rumored to be dating her Ex-Boyfriend
- Actress Ada Karl laments over not being able to conduct some online activities linked to the US because she is in Nigeria
- Update: Ghanaian actress, Akuapem Poloo arrested over her nude photo with her seven-year-old son
- Checkout These Amazing Photos Of An African Woman Who Still Slays At 52(Photos)
- Dj Cuppy bags an endorsement deal with Platoon Music
- See Why Magu was removed
- Tonto Dikeh Reacts To Photo shop Picture Of Her, Bestie
- Nigerians react to suspension of Ibrahim Magu by President Buhari
- Meghan Markle Didn’t Like Being No. 2 to Kate Middleton and Not Getting the Attention ‘She Deserved’ Before Royal Exit, Source Alleges
- Lakers saved ‘very depressed’ JR Smith after NBA gave up on him
- China’s national security law for Hong Kong aims to block global criticism
- COVID-19: WHO gives latest update on Nigeria, South Africa, others
- City Won’t Win Treble With These Mistakes – Guardiola
- Bryson DeChambeau favored to win all three golf majors amid jaw-dropping surge
- ‘The Umbrella Academy’ Star Tom Hopper Always Has These Foods in His Kitchen
- BREAKING: Reopen all churches now – CAN warns Governors
- Magu probe: Nobody is above scrutiny ― Presidency
- UK pedophile who raped baby, shared sick video online gets 18 years in prison
- Was BTS’ ‘Stay Gold’ Inspired by ‘the Outsiders?’
- Cassie Randolph speaks out on Colton Underwood breakup
- Hilary Swank Goes to Mars in Netflix’s ‘Away’ Teaser Trailer
- Tokyo Vanity Twerks In Sexy Black Outfit — Watch – Warritatafo
- Two conjoined twins separated successfully in Italy
- ‘The Guest’ Perfectly Weaponizes the Spellbinding Niceness of Dan Stevens
- Buhari sends names of 11 nominees to Senate for confirmation as Judges [Full list]
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Fans React to Angela Deem Having a Procedure With Laughing Gas
- ‘The Young and the Restless’: 1 Character Was Among the First to Do Something PG-13 On TV
- [Breaking] Magu probe: Nobody above the law — Presidency
- James Franco, Tiffany Haddish, and 18 Other Stars Deemed the ‘Hardest-Working’ Actors in Hollywood
- Coronavirus: Dapo Abiodun govt confirms 42 new cases in Ogun
- Kanayo O. Kanayo Set To Become A Barrister
- Akeredolu vs Ajayi: Nine lawmakers stand against Deputy Gov’s impeachment.
- Vanessa Bryant finds ‘Sex and the City’ finale dress Kobe gifted her
- Where is Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès of Netflix’s ‘Unsolved Mysteries’?
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Magu as EFCC acting chairman (Details)