The secretary to the Osun State Government, Wole Oyebamiji has joined the list of high profile Nigerians who tested positive for COVID-19.
A statement credited to the state Commissioner for Health, Rafiu Isamotu, confirmed the news with 10 more new cases in the state.
Isamotu blamed the rise in new COVID-19 cases to the lackadaisical attitude of the residents in the state.
“If you observe, our cases have been on the rise consistently in the last two weeks or so. The reason is simple. Our people are beginning to be too casual about the spread of the virus. The lack of strict adherence to safety protocols and guidelines is one of the main reasons for the rise. As a matter of fact, we are beginning to suspect that we have community transmission around Ilesa axis,” he said.
“Government is reviewing the cases. Soon, we shall announce other stricter measures to contain the spread of the virus in that axis.
“Today, we intensified our enforcement drive. All those arrested were made to go through a compulsory course on COVID-19 preventive protocols. We will go a step further by setting up a mobile court to try and sentence violators of safety protocols and guidelines. We must collectively join hands with the government to contain the spread of the virus.
“Also, I want to confirm to you that our SSG and some of the staff around him have tested positive to the virus. But they are all in stable condition and are receiving adequate medical care.”
Isamotu also revealed that with the latest development, there are 74 active cases in the state as of June 30.
Out of a total of 127 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 48 patients have been discharged while five deaths have been recorded.
Source: Vanguard News
What will make you commit suicide?
- Nigerian boy who scattered his parents house explains what actually happened
- Wonder Shall Never End – Reactions as Photo Of A Lady who Bleached All Her Face But Left The Legs goes viral (PICS)
- Wild video shows woman steal pedestrian’s sneakers, strip naked in NYC
- Bukunmi Oluwasina Looks completely different in Kunle Afolayan’s Citation Movie (VIDEO)
- “There is nowhere we want to go” – Faithia Williams speaks on how she and Ex-Hsuband, Saidi Balogun meets and why she stops kissing or playing romantic movie roles (VIDEO)
- Funke Akindele gifts Pa James a new house after his house was wrecked by flood
- “Dr Anu showed me pepper” – Botched surgery survival, Omohtee shares her story
- New Song: Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love
- UPDATE: There was no snow in Anthony Village Lagos, govt reveals what happened
- Residents Panic over white substance seen at Anthony village in Lagos (Video)
- Hot Music: Saido Pee – Hello God (Prod. By Smart)
- ‘Jersey Shore’ Star Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi’s Daughter Can Make This 1 Iconic Face Perfectly
- “Jesus did not destroy a single shrine” – Daddy Freeze frowns at demolition of church of Satan in Abia
- Daddy Freeze frowns at the demolition of a shrine & the arrest of its founder in Abia State
- Man who was homeless for 4 years finally becomes a House-owner, shares inspiring story
- Hushpuppi has reportedly tested positive for Covid-19 in prison – Kemi Olunloyo
- Ivory Coast Prime Minister Coulibaly dies aged 61
- Hushpuppi allegedly tests positive to Coronavirus in US prison
- How Kim Kardashian West Is Related to George W. Bush by Blood
- Brie Larson Is Going to Get a Lot of YouTube Hate, Fans Warn
- President Buhari replaces Akpabio , one other non-career Ambassador designate
- Double blessings as real estate mogul gifts Pa James a plot of land shortly after Funke Akindele gave him a new house (PICS)
- Funke Akindele gifts Pa James a new house after his house got flooded
- Javicia Leslie cast as new ‘Batwoman’ after Ruby Rose’s shocking exit
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Jim Parsons Discusses Deeper Reasons For Deciding to Quit — ‘You Just Change’
- Raheem Mostert requests trade from 49ers
- Church of Satan demolished, founder arrested in Abia [PHOTOS]
- Day 3: More posers for Magu
- Nurse and mother of four killed trying to help car crash victim in Kentucky
- Man who dumped trash on lawn over Trump flag arrested in New Jersey
- ‘The Good Doctor’: It Looks Like Melendez and Lea Might Have Hooked Up
- $9.7m, £74,000 EFCC seized from me were birthday, naming ceremonies’ gifts – Ex-NNPC GMD, Yakubu
- Glee star Naya Rivera goes missing while boating in California
- Sister Kyle Gives Update – Warritatafo
- Miguel Andujar has no problem being Yankees’ utility guy
- Court declines Okorochaâs request to stop probe by EFCC and Imo panel
- Man Utd’s Solskjaer takes decision on Pogba’s future
- COVID-19: 408 Nigerians evacuated from India, UAE arrive Nigeria
- Nigeria records more COVID-19 cases as death toll rises to 684
- MLS returns after 8-minute, 46-second moment of silence
- Borno: Chibok communities reveal massive killings by Boko Haram
- BTS: Jungkook Proves He Still Rules the Internet After Posting a Selfie on Weverse
- Herdsmen attack: ASETU calls for anti-open grazing law
- Shorthanded Net will be relying on Caris LeVert to lead
- George Floyd: Officer told dying man to ‘stop yelling’
- More than 600 firms bid for Nigeria’s 57 marginal oil fields
- English Premier League results, scorers ― collated
- Peru’s president calls general election for April 2021
- Liverpool boost record bid, Man City crush Newcastle
- No ‘softening’ from Liverpool as Salah keeps record chase on track
- Impotent arraigned for allegedly ‘fingering’ minor in Osun
- Gunmen kidnap ex-customary court judge in Abia
- California waitress explains why she canceled tech CEO’s racist rant at Asian family
- Internet fraudster kills commercial motorcyclist, injures passenger in Delta
- Fears in Ondo, as doctors forcefully discharge COVID-19 patients