When Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex announced they were leaving their roles as senior working royals in the Britsh royal family, fans across the globe were stunned. It was no secret that Meghan was having a challenging time within The Firm. However, most people assumed that she would give it more time, and eventually adjust.
Instead, amid the constant tabloid rumors and the lack of support from the royal family, the Sussexes decided to call it quits. They turned their royal duties back over to the royal family and moved across the globe to Meghan’s hometown of LA.
Though the royal family is said to have been stunned by Megxit, especially since they weren’t really consulted beforehand, Prince Charles was reportedly not at all shocked. In fact, the future Crowned King expected that his daughter-in-law would have some major issues adjusting to royal life.
Prince Charles adores Meghan Markle
From the moment Prince Harry introduced his father to Meghan in 2016, Prince Charles has been smitten with the former actor. The pair share a loving, father/daughter relationship and the prince even walked Meghan down the aisle at her wedding.
The prince has his own special nickname for Meghan, “Tungsten.” “Prince Charles admires Meghan for her strength and the backbone she gives Harry, who needs a tungsten-type figure in his life as he can be a bit of a softy,” a royal source told Daily Mail. “It’s become a term of endearment.”
In fact, just before her wedding, the Prince of Wales gifted Meghan with a beautiful diamond tennis bracelet that she wore often to royal engagements, on tours, and at events.
Prince Charles couldn’t do much to help support Meghan Markle in the royal family
For nearly a century, the British royal family has operated under a “stiff upper lip” policy, to never complain or explain. Many royal experts believe it is the price they pay for living such a lavish lifestyle. For Meghan, who was used to controlling her own narrative, living this way became unbearable.
In fact, when Prince Harry begged his family to intervene with the press on behalf of his wife, nothing drastic was done. “Charles genuinely made an attempt to support what Harry and Meghan were looking for as long as it wouldn’t upset other HRH’s,” royal expert Nigel Cawthorne told The Sun. “In truth, however, there wasn’t a lot he could do apart from offering moral support. He no doubt personally regrets the fact that he won’t see his son and family as much as he otherwise would have. He likes tradition and order.”
Prince Charles knew Meghan Markle would have issues joining the royal family
Before marrying into the royal family, Meghan had a massive career of her own with a life that she built singlehandedly. As an actor, she also had total control over her image. As a result, Prince Charles knew that his daughter-in-law would have some major issues in the royal family.
“I think he [Prince Charles] likes strong women, but in The Firm there is only room for one Queen,” Cawthorne said. “I think he foresaw considerable problems ahead for The Firm. Harry and Meghan amplified the popularity of the royal family in the way that Prince Andrew and Fergie did at the time.”
It appears that Megxit might have been the best thing for everyone involved.
Source: Showbiz Cheat Sheet
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Why did you lie? Nnamdi Kanu replies Femi Adesina
- Akeredolu Reacts To Strike Threat From Ondo State Workers
- BREAKING: Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Nigeria election: Dasuki opens up on ‘campaigning’ for Buhari, ‘supporting’ APC, Tinubu under Jonathan
- NNPC worker discovers anti-hypertensive herbal remedy that reverses hypertension, lowers BP, others [SPONSORED]
- Notorious gang leader, Abiola Ebila killed in Ibadan
- Actress Ini Edo gets her Akwa-Ibom state appointment renewed
- Daughter of Texas cop killed in ambush slammed for tweeting #bluelivesmatter
- Ramón Vilar: Levante Club Director is dead
- Actress Rita Dominic shares more stylish new photos to celebrates her 45th birthday
- Olivia Culpo reveals newest member of her family with Christian McCaffrey
- Gernot Rohr says 2022 World Cup year will be a difficult year for Super Eagles
- 22-year-old lady buys her husband an expensive car (photos/video)
- Actress Mimi Orjiekwe Gets A Lexus LX570 SUV For Her Birthday
- 20 Years after Warri War, Ijaw, Itsekiri demand justice from oil
- Oyo’s Most Wanted Criminal, Ebila Killed In Ibadan Attack
- Pregnant Youtuber, Nicole Thea Dies With Unborn Baby at 24
- Wofai Fada opens up on how she received her Mercedes Benz G- Wagon from a Man
- Wolves defeat Everton at home to boost chances of qualifying for Champions League
- Vidal goal keeps alive Barcelona title hopes
- Ize-Iyamu laundered 700 million without contracts-EFCC
- Child Actress Susan Pwajok aka Blessing of the hit TV series “The Johnsons” is all grown up (photos)
- Darius Rucker and wife Beth Leonard split after 20 years of marriage
- Amotekun: Hunters threaten boycott over online registration
- Lady discovered she was pregnant on the day she gave birth
- N46B JOBS: Why Nigeria will never develop
- Liberty aren’t complaining about reportedly gross WNBA bubble
- Chef Daniel Boulud’s ‘terrance’ thrives despite limited outdoor seating
- COVID-19: BOI rolls out strategy for industry supports
- POWER CRISES:More electricity woes as tariff shortfall heads to N822bn
- Nets in talks with ex-Knick Lance Thomas to join NBA restart roster
- Bump stock maker seeks compensation from Las Vegas massacre victim fund
- Naira to depreciate further in parallel market
- Winona Ryder will testify Johnny Depp was ‘never abusive’ to her: report
- CUNY planning for most classes to be online this fall amid coronavirus concerns
- Lack of drama gives Mets reason to ‘believe’
- Yankees’ Gerrit Cole lauds Gary Sanchez as domination grows
- Run, Ngozi, Run!
- Magu Should Carry His Cross — Nigerian Police
- Soaring disrespect for cops means big trouble for the most vulnerable New Yorkers
- It’s not just police: Public servants of all stripes are now under assault
- The speech police go after the peanut gallery
- How Congress can get the next COVID-relief bill right
- 774,000 Jobs: 20 man selection committee inaugurated in Taraba
- New York horse-racing bookies land millions in PPP loans as critics cry foul
- Pregnant Youtuber, Nicole Thea Dies With Unborn Baby at 24
- Controversial Clint Frazier makes admirable mask pledge
- Joints, disjoints and dislocations in the Buhari government
- Free speech is under threat and other commentary
- Only public-private partnership can bridge Nigeria’s housing deficit — Akintunde
- Iran agency says chain of errors caused Ukrainian plane crash
- Father, son duo involved in Ghosn great escape denied bail
- President Buhari told to sack the Chief of Army Staff, Buratai now
- Lampard ‘concerned’ after stunning 3-0 defeat to Sheffield United
- 571 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria