The June 30 episode featured no audience, but the talent wasn’t lacking whatsoever. One act made history and moved Sofia Vergara to tears, while an Olympian wowed the judges with her voice.
The June 30 episode is unlike any episode of America’s Got Talent. There’s no audience due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Heidi Klum is still out sick, so Eric Stonestreet is sticking around. The first act to hit the stage is Cheer Athletics, a competitive cheer group from Texas. They blow the judges away with their amazing stunts and tumbling skills.
At one point, Sofia Vergara’s jaw drops. Howie Mandel calls the group “terrific” and notes how cheerleading is so much more dangerous than the sports the cheerleaders are cheering for. Simon Cowell believes that the AGT audience is going to love this act.
The next act is a young piano player named Jacob Velazquez. He performs a beautiful original song on the piano, and then transitions into playing the drums to Fall Out Boy’s “Centuries.” Simon loves Jacob’s “amazing aura” and thinks he’s going to inspire a lot of people. He admits this is “one of his favorite auditions of the season.” Howie calls him a prodigy!
Michael Yo is probably someone you’ve seen before interviewing the biggest celebrities. He was an entertainment news correspondent, but now he’s pursuing his ultimate dream: stand-up comedy. His act has Howie and Eric clapping before he’s even finished. When Michael’s audition is over, he bursts into tears. Simon calls the audition “fantastic,” and Eric says that Michael “nailed it.”
Brothers Gage follows Michael with their harmonica-playing act. The performance is unlike anything we’ve ever heard before. Sofia admits that she was dreading the performance at first, but the brothers made it “exciting.” Simon tells the brothers that he loved their original song and their “likability factor is ginormous.”
Shevon Nieto is a two-time Olympic runner. She’s now retired and ready to show her voice to the world. In 2015, her husband, Jamie, was coaching Olympic hopefuls when his foot slipped on one of his jumps. Jamie was left paralyzed. They had been dating for 3 years at the time, and Shevon was getting ready for her third Olympic Games. She comes to AGT with an original song she wrote for Jamie called “Through The Good & The Bad.” The performance is absolutely stunning.
Howie calls the audition “beautiful.” Sofia says that Shevon has a “wonderful” voice. Simon tells Shevon that her audition was in a “different class.” Jamie is so happy for Shevon. Backstage after the audition, Shevon reveals that she’s pregnant!
A young cello player named Elijah shows off his talent to the judges with his spin on Ariana Grande’s “7 Rings.” While Simon didn’t like the backing track, he knows that Elijah has “great potential.” Kenadi Dodds takes the stage with just her guitar. She’s just 15 years old. Her family members have an eye disease where you lose your vision until you are fully blind. Kenadi is the only one in her family who doesn’t have the disease. Her 9-year-old sister wanted to see her perform on the biggest stage before she loses her vision for good. She sings an original song called “One Way Ticket To Tennesse.” Simon loves her authenticity and the fact that she knows she wants to go into country music.
Comedian Crystal Powell brings the laughs with her electric comedy routine. The judges love her. Eric admires the physicality she brings to her set, and Simon calls her “naturally funny.” Wesley Williams is a one-wheeled wonder. He takes unicycling to a whole new level with his daring act. At one point, he’s riding a 20-foot high unicycle!
The final performance of the night comes from Brandon Leake. He’s the first spoken word act to perform on AGT. His audition poem is an ode to his sister, who died in 1997. His performance is nothing short of profound. Howie stands up immediately, followed by Simon. Sofia starts to cry and tells Brandon that her brother passed away the same year as his sister.
Simon calls the performance “extraordinary” and an “amazing tribute.” He doesn’t even want to judge Brandon. He just wants to compliment him. Howie is amazed at what he just witnessed. “You moved me to do this,” Howie says as he presses the Golden Buzzer, sending him straight to the live shows.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via WhatsApp: +2348034798719. Email: email@example.com.
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- LEAKED: Alleged Audio of Niger Delta Minister Godswill Akpabio offering ₦70Million for Bombing of Pipelines ( Listen)
- Labour Minister, Ngige Padded NSITF Budget With N1.2 Billion, 5 SUVs, Installed Ex-Lover As New ED – Nelson
- FG agreed To Pay Salaries Of Private School Teachers -Yomi Otubela
- BBN: Nina Ivy And Her Husband Celebrates Their Son, Denzel Kelechukwu (Photo)
- “Did Your Husband Beat You Again” Reactions as Mercy Aigbe Shares new pictures with stitches on her head (PICS)
- There Is A Plot To Cause Crisis In Iruland – Oniru Cries Out
- 10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers, Monday morning, July 13, 2020
- Mercy Aigbe, Others Congratulate Ini Edo Over Akwa-Ibom State Re-Appointment
- #Anambra: Man’s body found in a bush with his hands and legs tied (graphic photos)
- Mike Edwards And His Pregnant Wife, Perri Enjoys Vacation In Spain (Photos)
- Yawa Burst! Toke Makinwa Gives A Savage Reply To A Doctor Who Disrespected Her On Twitter
- NSCDC arrests 8 suspects, intercepts 3 motorcycles in Oyo [PHOTOS]
- Nicola Peltz wears Victoria Beckham dress for engagement photos with Brooklyn
- Protests rock Ondo PDP secretariat over alleged manipulation of delegates’ list
- Who is Jimmy’s Girlfriend Mia on ‘Yellowstone’? Meet Eden Brolin
- Fear Allah, 550 Billion Recovered Loot Is 100% Domicile In CBN And It Doesn’t Generate Interest – Magu
- “I have your mate at home that I am taking care of” – Thelma slams woman who called her an “unfortunate celebrity”
- “Stop exposing your personal pregnancy life on social media” – Kemi Olunloyo reacts to the death of Nicole Thea
- ‘Chief Hunter’, Maigiwa Abducted in Borno
- BREAKING: UEFA Lifts Champions League Ban Against Manchester City
- Bobrisky’s Contender posts Picture Of Himself In Wedding Gown
- Gov. Cuomo produces old-school poster glorifying coronavirus response
- Actress Kelly Preston dead from breast cancer, husband John Travolta reveals
- Amber Heard allegedly threw ‘haymaker’ at Johnny Depp after he lost $750M
- Native doctor spotted taking his ‘girlfriend’ shopping in Benin (Video)
- Tesla stock soars as S&P 500 inclusion appears imminent
- COVID-19: Taskforce accused of extortion as Bayelsa begins enforcement of face mask use
- DeSean Jackson accepts 94-year-old Holocaust survivor’s invite to visit Auschwitz
- Will ‘Yellowstone’ Season 3 Be on Peacock?
- ‘Broken Heart Syndrome’ has increased during coronavirus pandemic
- The best of Naya Rivera’s ‘Glee’ moments and 29-year career highlights
- Elon Musk on why he’s still backing Kanye West for president
- We’ll expose more looters in Nigeria – IPOB vows
- Edo guber: ‘Mass defection from APC, end of road signpost for Ize-Iyamu’ – PDP
- Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes takes a hit selling NYC townhouse
- Ohio army veteran who refused to wear face mask dies of COVID-19
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership
- COVID-19: Nigerian govt hints on Coronavirus being airborne
- [ICYMI] COVID-19: Lagos records 12 deaths within 24 hours
- My Wife Still Cooks My Meals And Serves Me Herself – Pastor EA Adeboye
- 602 repentant Boko Haram swears oath of allegiance to Nigeria
- Judge demands information on Roger Stone’s commutation
- PDP stakeholders speak on call for Abia Speaker’s resignation
- Gov. Cuomo produces old-school poster glorifying coronavirus response
- Christine Quinn reveals Justin Hartley, Chrishell Stause went to therapy before split
- Video: Fresh trouble for Magu
- Human Rights Group charges President Buhari to sack Akpabio, Malami
- Singer Waje Weighs In On Nigerian Men Who Won’t Allow Their Widowed Mothers Remarry
- Kansas father, girlfriend charged in murder of his 3-year-old daughter
- Omo-Agege explains reasons for passing Sexual Harassment bill into law
- Alaska Airlines flight turns around after passenger threatens to ‘kill everybody’
- Giants won’t sign Leonard Williams to long-term contract extension
- Edo: Mass defection from APC, signpost of defeat for Ize-Iyamu ― PDP
- Police nab man for allegedly raping minor after buying N20 sachet water
- Dale Resteghini says he’s gotten death threats over controversial new project