The publisher of Mary Trump’s potentially explosive tell-all memoir reportedly revealed in a Tuesday night court filing that the company already printed 75,000 copies of the book — after publication was temporarily blocked earlier in the day.
Simon & Schuster also wrote they were only recently made aware of the nondisclosure agreement the author signed as part of a dispute over the 1999 will of President Trump’s father, Fred Trump, The Washington Post reported.
The president had said publication of the book — “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man” — would violate the nondisclosure agreement.
“We did not learn anything about Ms. Trump signing any agreement concerning her ability to speak about her litigation with her family until shortly after press broke concerning Ms. Trump’s Book about two weeks ago,” Simon & Schuster CEO Jonathan Karp said in an affidavit obtained by the newspaper.
Karp wrote the company learned of the agreement “well after the Book had been accepted, put into production, and printing had begun.”
Of the 75,000 printed copies of the book, due to be released July 28, Karp said “thousands” of them “have already been shipped.”
The company in a statement said they intend to appeal a Tuesday ruling by a New York judge, Hal Greenwald, that blocked the book’s publication until a hearing between both sides July 10 over whether it should be permanently quashed.
A lawyer for Mary Trump, Ted Boutrous, also vowed to immediately appeal the decision, according to Politico.
Boutrous called the injunction “a prior restraint on core political speech that flatly violates the First Amendment.
“This book, which addresses matters of great concern and importance about a sitting president in an election year, should not be suppressed even for one day,” the lawyer said.
Source: New York Post
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- LEAKED: Alleged Audio of Niger Delta Minister Godswill Akpabio offering ₦70Million for Bombing of Pipelines ( Listen)
- Labour Minister, Ngige Padded NSITF Budget With N1.2 Billion, 5 SUVs, Installed Ex-Lover As New ED – Nelson
- FG agreed To Pay Salaries Of Private School Teachers -Yomi Otubela
- BBN: Nina Ivy And Her Husband Celebrates Their Son, Denzel Kelechukwu (Photo)
- There Is A Plot To Cause Crisis In Iruland – Oniru Cries Out
- 10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers, Monday morning, July 13, 2020
- Mercy Aigbe, Others Congratulate Ini Edo Over Akwa-Ibom State Re-Appointment
- #Anambra: Man’s body found in a bush with his hands and legs tied (graphic photos)
- Mike Edwards And His Pregnant Wife, Perri Enjoys Vacation In Spain (Photos)
- Yawa Burst! Toke Makinwa Gives A Savage Reply To A Doctor Who Disrespected Her On Twitter
- NSCDC arrests 8 suspects, intercepts 3 motorcycles in Oyo [PHOTOS]
- Protests rock Ondo PDP secretariat over alleged manipulation of delegates’ list
- Nicola Peltz wears Victoria Beckham dress for engagement photos with Brooklyn
- Who is Jimmy’s Girlfriend Mia on ‘Yellowstone’? Meet Eden Brolin
- “I have your mate at home that I am taking care of” – Thelma slams woman who called her an “unfortunate celebrity”
- “Stop exposing your personal pregnancy life on social media” – Kemi Olunloyo reacts to the death of Nicole Thea
- ‘Chief Hunter’, Maigiwa Abducted in Borno
- Fear Allah, 550 Billion Recovered Loot Is 100% Domicile In CBN And It Doesn’t Generate Interest – Magu
- BREAKING: UEFA Lifts Champions League Ban Against Manchester City
- “Did Your Husband Beat You Again” Reactions as Mercy Aigbe Shares new pictures with stitches on her head (PICS)
- Bobrisky’s Contender posts Picture Of Himself In Wedding Gown
- Amber Heard allegedly threw ‘haymaker’ at Johnny Depp after he lost $750M
- “Dating a yahoo boy is the most dangerous thing any girl should indulge in” – Lady narrates how her boyfriend almost used her for money ritual in Asaba
- Victor Osuagwu’s daughter shares her father’s epic reply after she told him “I love you”
- Kanu has been vindicated by Magu’s suspension — IPOB
- Kansas father, girlfriend charged in murder of his 3-year-old daughter
- Alaska Airlines flight turns around after passenger threatens to ‘kill everybody’
- Giants won’t sign Leonard Williams to long-term contract extension
- Dale Resteghini says he’s gotten death threats over controversial new project
- Northern House of Assembly speakers lament security situation in region
- Devastated 4-year-old loses it over lack of ‘fun’ during pandemic lockdown
- Video: News Round Up
- U.S.-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi
- Vandal dumps red paint on ‘Black Lives Matter’ mural outside Trump Tower
- I’m Two Weeks Pregnant – Bobrisky Reveals He’s Pregnant
- Kano Emirate bans indiscriminate horse riding
- Cuomo says Trump’s handling of COVID-19 makes Richard Nixon ‘look innocent’
- Nigeria’s stock market opens week with N55bn loss
- Lawmaker calls on Senators, Reps to shelve annual recess for electoral, constitutional reforms
- Does ‘Foodie Love’ Signal HBO Max’s Spanish Programming Ambitions?
- ‘Star Wars’ animated series ‘The Bad Batch’ coming to Disney+
- Jason Oppenheim getting hundreds of resumés after ‘Selling Sunset’
- BFFs Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King reunite after months apart
- COVID-19 Deaths: South Africa overtakes Egypt as Nigeria remains among top list
- Texas dog first animal in state confirmed to have coronavirus
- Bitcoin scammers have reportedly swiped $24M this year
- Chris Russo couldn’t resist WFAN jab while mocking ESPN Radio change
- Why Texas coronavirus death toll may be higher than officially reported
- NYPD cop tasers Black Lives Matter protester during Bay Ridge clash
- Ivory Coast Vice President, Daniel Kablan Duncan, quits
- How auto water sprinkler system doused WTC fire ― Ibukun Adeogun
- Minimum Wage: Rights Commission begs staff to shelve strike
- Solskjaer says will keep faith with De Gea
- Justin Trudeau says he discussed Black Lives Matter movement with Trump
- Yankees teammates thought outcast was a ‘serial killer’