The Bold and the Beautiful was the first show to make a move in regards to resuming filming in Hollywood. In a recent interview, head writer/showrunner Bradley Bell talked about new things coming down the pipeline for the soap opera.
‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ had re-started production but ended up pausing
After production was suspended for several months, The Bold and the Beautiful was announced to be presumably the first U.S. scripted television series to go back to work on set.
In order to resume filming, many safety protocols had to be in place by several entities, including the City of Los Angeles and the state of California. These protocols also had to be signed off and cleared by the Hollywood unions. By this time the state of California recently lifted restrictions on filming recently, clearing the path for things to return.
The show first resumed production with all the new guidelines in place on June 17. That same day, it was revealed that the show would not resume and go on a small break before coming back due to some issues with testing. The show was set to come back on June 23.
However, on that day, it was revealed that the show would come back until a day later than expected on June 24. A spokesperson told Deadline about the initial delay, saying, “The Health Department had some additional questions about the lab TV City provided The Bold and the Beautiful with last week, which produced several false positives. We have not had, nor do we have, any positive COVID-19 cases and are not ‘shut down’, but we needed an additional day to provide them with requested information.”
No information has been released that indicates that the show didn’t go back into production on June 24.
Bradley Bell teases what he and the writers have been working on
In a recent interview with Soap Opera Digest, the soap opera’s showrunner, Bradley Bell, spoke about coming back and what they’ve been working on during the quarantine. He also gave viewers some tidbits about what to expect when it returns.
‘The writers and I have been working a lot, “he said. It’s kind of strange to have almost unlimited time to write these episodes because you can rethink them and you have more time so you can define the characters more, refine the story more. You can also have, in a way, too much time because you can think things to death. Soap operas, as a genre, have just kind of always been fly by the seat of your pants. We’re just eager to get back into production. We’re going to be cranking out as many shows as we can as quickly as we can.”
Bell teased that there will be new characters brought aboard when the show comes back. “We definitely have a stockpile of scripts to draw from now. We have a few new characters coming aboard. You know, having all this time to name a character…you come up with 100 different names. And then you think, ‘Maybe this one is better’ or ‘maybe we can tie it into this family.’ It’s really a great luxury more than anything else.
The Bold and the Beautiful airs weekdays on CBS.
Source: Showbiz Cheat Sheet
What will make you commit suicide?
- Message to Goodluck Jonathan: Assassins’ll attempt your life this year but’ll fail — Prophet Serimoedumu
- Otedola hosts DJ Cuppy, Temi and boyfriend, Mr Eazi in London (Video)
- Tijani Oniru, one of the sons of late Oba of Oniru attacked by “security men” (video)
- ‘Putin’s limo brand’ Aurus sedan gets smashed in epic crash test — Warritatafo
- Top NYPD cops call for Manhattan DA Cy Vance to appear at shooting scenes
- Davido’s cousin Adenike receives a Benz as graduation gift from her dad
- Nigeria records more COVID-19 cases as death toll rises to 645
- Watch Vanguard’s top stories in 60 seconds
- Bobrisky speaks Igbo, threatens to slap small boys who sends him DM professing their love(video)
- Two die in Anambra cult clash
- Davido’s cousin, Adenike Adeleke, receives a Benz as graduation gift from her dad
- LASTMA officer commits suicide after stabbing his lover in Lagos
- Some Rescued Chibok Girls Frustrated, Abandoned, Dropped Out Of School – MBF
- The Royal Family Was Alarmed by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Spending Habits, Source Reveals
- Alleged poisoning: Family member reveals real cause of Deborah’s death
- #Coronavirus: 13 UK universities ‘could go bust without bailout’
- Sergio Ramos Talks On Referees Assisting Real Madrid To Stay Top Of LA LIGA Table
- Nigeria: Contribution of non-oil exports to economic growth
- The Rock Suffered a Tragic Loss With the Unexpected Death Of His Legendary Dad Rocky Johnson
- This is irresponsible and reckless- PDP knocks APC for calling for an investigation into Hushpuppi’s alleged links with some of its members
- New York’s Republican Party needs to be ready for Democrats to screw up
- Why Did Jessica Capshaw Leave ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ as Arizona Robbins?
- Kendall Jenner Looks Like a ‘Mean Girl’ on Instagram
- Gunmen kill 2, abduct APC chieftain, 9 others in Katsina
- Ajimobi’s fidau: Family denies Oyo dep gov access
- Beijing slams US for ‘flexing muscles’ in South China Sea as aircraft carriers sent to ‘celebrate Independence Day’ — Warritatafo
- Prince Andrew cancels annual golf trip to Spain after Ghislaine Maxwell arrest
- Nigerian group declares rape ‘a pandemic’
- Footballer electrocuted at a betting shop in Lagos
- French bus driver brain dead after assault for refusing maskless riders
- Transfer: Lille president predicts Victor Osimhen’s fate at Napoli
- Dope Grandpa! Veteran Actor Richard Mofe-Damijo Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today (PHOTOS)
- Do Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Want a Zoom Wedding?
- Jeopardy’ vs. ‘Wheel of Fortune’: Which Show Pays Contestants More?
- Hushpuppi: APC irresponsible, reckless, says PDP
- Duffield deaths: Estranged husband admits murdering wife and lover
- Veteran Nollywood Actor Richard Mofe- Damijo Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today
- Yakubu Dogara challenges the APC to prove he has any links with suspected International Fraudster, Hushpuppi
- EPL: Nemanja Matic signs new Manchester United contract, Solskjaer reacts
- ‘This Is Us’: 4 Times Randall’s Made Us Ugly Cry
- Don Jazzy Urges Nigerians To Be Careful When They Visit Barber Shop
- Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the flag-bearer of the (APC) in the Edo state Governorship Election denies the allegation he bathed a student with acid as an undergraduate at UNIBEN
- Saudi Arabia makes masks mandatory, bans gatherings during Hajj
- It is the height of irresponsibility to have children and then look for the money to cater for them – Reno Omokri
- ‘Jeopardy!’: Buzzy Cohen Doesn’t ‘See the Harm’ in Injecting ‘a Little Bit of Personality’ Into the Game
- Security guards shut UMTH over nonpayment of 4 months salaries
- 12-year-old boy, man killed, several injured in Brooklyn fire
- Ondo SSG resigns ahead of governorship election
- Mayorkun Discloses His Female Friend Inspired “Betty Butter” Song Featuring Davido
- Superstory TV Drama Commences New Story titled âREVENGEâ
- Nursing mother left with a swollen eye and a bleeding nose after she was battered by her husband in Lagos (video)
- 70-year-old man reportedly arrested for allegedly raping an eight-year-old girl in Minna, Niger State
- COVID-19 kill 177 in Lagos
- 70-year-old man Rapes 8-year-old Girl In Niger State, gives her N80
- Bisi Alimi says homosexuality was not a crime in Africa until the colonisers came and introduced Christianity