Chris Bosh came into the NBA with a lot of hype, and for good reason. He ultimately lived up to that hype, being an 11-time NBA All-Star. However, Bosh’s career probably did not end the way he wanted it to. In fact, he still probably had several good years left in the tank at the time he last took the court in the NBA with the Miami Heat.
Chris Bosh was a star for the Raptors and Heat
The 2003 NBA draft class was stacked, and Chris Bosh was one of the top picks. The Toronto Raptors ultimately selected him with the fourth overall pick, and he became a star for them.
Bosh averaged 11.5 points per game and 7.4 rebounds in his rookie season. Over the next few seasons, though, he became one of the best big men in the league. After averaging 16.8 points per game and 8.9 rebounds in his second season, Bosh earned the first of 11 straight All-Star selections in 2005-06 when he averaged 22.5 points per game and 9.2 rebounds.
From 2005-06 through 2009-10, Bosh averaged more than 22 points per game each season and more than 8.5 rebounds. His best season statistically was in 2009-10 when he averaged 24 points per game and 10.8 rebounds, both career-highs.
Bosh, Dwyane Wade, and LeBron James then formed the big three on the Miami Heat in 2010-11. They ultimately had a ton of success together. The three led the Heat to four straight NBA Finals appearances, and the team won back-to-back championships in 2011-12 and 2012-13. In those four seasons, Bosh averaged 17.3 points per game and 7.4 rebounds.
James then went back to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the summer of 2014. Bosh played in parts of the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons with the Heat. He has not played since Feb. 9, 2016, though.
Blood clots ended Bosh’s career
In the summer of 2014, Bosh signed a five year, $118 million contract with the Heat, according to the Miami Herald. However, Bosh only played in 44 games in 2014-15. He averaged 21.1 points per game and seven rebounds in those games, but he was diagnosed with his first blood clot in February 2015, and then missed the rest of the season.
Then in 2015-16, Bosh returned to the court. He averaged 19.1 points per game and 7.4 rebounds in 2015-16, but he only played in 53 games because of another blood clot diagnosis, according to the Miami Herald.
After that, before the start of training camp in 2016-17, Bosh failed a physical. Team president Pat Riley then informed reporters that the team was no longer working toward Bosh’s return. This was because of the risks of playing while battling blood clots. The Heat waived Bosh in July 2017, according to USA Today. The two sides agreed to part ways in May 2017, but waiving him in July was a formality.
Bosh, however, continued to try to work toward a return. However, in October 2017, Bosh started changing his mind. It was when he watched Gordon Hayward’s season-ending injury in his debut with the Boston Celtics.
“I was watching that game and I said, ‘Man, that can happen to me,’” Bosh said, according to the Miami Herald. “Then kind of after that, it was kind of a slow burn.”
The decision to officially call it quites then gradually happened.
“Slowly but surely, the workouts I was having lost fire. I didn’t have the same motivation. I started dabbling in other things and getting better at other things, and those things became more of my focus,” Bosh said, according to the Miami Herald. “Taking care of my children, it became even harder to work out. I can’t get the time because the kids are here.”
The Heat retired his jersey
In March 2019, Bosh’s career seemed to officially come to a close. The Heat retired his No. 1 jersey.
“For everything to happen so fast, it just shows you how things can change,” Bosh said, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel. “I’m humbled, I’m grateful for the experience that I’ve had here and in the league as a whole, and I have a different mindset now. Although we all do something and we get to experience things, you’ve got to cherish it because you never know when it’s going to stop.”
Bosh’s No. 1 joined No. 10, 32, and 33 in the Heat’s rafters, according to CBS Sports.
Chris Bosh had a great NBA career. However, we are all left wondering how good he still could have been in the years following LeBron James’ departure from the Miami Heat.
Stats courtesy of Basketball Reference
Source: Showbiz Cheat Sheet
What will make you commit suicide?
- See List of Properties Seized From Disgraced Nigerian Fraudster, Hushpuppi
- 10 Forbidden Places In The World You Are Not Allowed To Visit (Photos)
- Have You Heard About The “Temple of Pythons” in Benin: See Photos of How it Looks Like
- Kim Kardashian West Revealed Her Biggest Regret About Dating Kanye West
- FBI Reveals The $15 Million Stolen By Woodberry From Two Chicago Based Company May Not Be Retrieved.. READ WHY
- Okunnu shares beautiful photos of her Daughter, Ayomide Who Just Completed High School in Canada
- See Why Patience Ozokwor Is Not Featuring In Movies Anymore
- Mide Martins reveals she didn’t marry Afeez Owo for his looks
- Adedimeji Lateef weds ‘girlfriend’ Adebimpe Oyebade…fans react (photos)
- Thanks For Taking Away My Virginity – 13-Year-Old Girl Tells Boyfriend As She Celebrates Him On His Birthday
- Top Ten Most Beautiful Actress in The World
- Lady With Massive Behind Causes Stir On Facebook (Photos & Video) )
- Why Ajimobi’s Wife Denied Oyo Deputy gov Access to Husband’s 8th-day Fidau Prayer
- Makeup artist, Deborah Tushima allegedly slumps and dies while dancing at her birthday party (PICS)
- Adeniyi Johnson Shares Photos Showing How He And Wife, Seyi Edun, Behave When They Meet On Set (PICS)
- Ex-LASIMRA boss, Jide Odekunle, dies of COVID-19 complications in Lagos
- Kano Hisbah impound tricycle loaded with 100 cartons of alcohol
- Dubai Decide To Build An Underwater Floating Train. See photos
- The Break Up Was Good’ – Banky W Mocks DJ Cuppy
- Meet The Man That Exposed Hushpuppi And Woodberry to The FBI
- See Photo of Jaden Smith and his father will Smith that has got people talking (see screenshots)
- ‘Ned Dey Enjoy O’ – Social Media User Says After Seeing Ned’s Moroccan Wife’s Photo
- I Would Like To Marry Lyta’- IG Model, Coco Brown Tells Regina Daniels’ Ex, Somadina
- Actor Adedimeji Lateef marries his girlfriend Adebimpe Oyebade
- Mercy Aigbe Silences The Gram With Latest Photos
- Mark Cuban Supports Kanye West For President Over Trump: Tweets – Warritatafo
- ‘Outer Banks’ Fans Appreciate the Show’s Ability to Tackle Tough Issues
- Does Uncle Ben from ‘Spider-Man’ Exist in the MCU? Fans Think It’s Unlikely
- Bianca Williams: Athlete accuses police of racial profiling after vehicle search
- ‘Friends’: Network Execs Insisted on Adding 7th Cast Member ‘Pat the Cop’ Until Writers Convinced Them to Kill the Role
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: A Leaked Casting Call Reveals That There May Be a New Spinoff in the Works
- ‘Supergirl’: Will Mon-El Return Now That Chris Wood’s Latest Project is Dead?
- Bryson DeChambeau flexes his new muscles to win at Rocket Mortgage
- Janet Jackson Shows Off Braids While Driving Her Range Rover In London – Warritatafo
- Kansas newspaper’s cartoon equating governor’s mask mandate with Holocaust stirs controversy
- Sergio Ramos scores 22nd consecutive penalty as Madrid beat Bilbao
- ‘The Young and the Restless’ Bryton James is So Talented Fans Can’t Get Enough
- Kanye West’s Presidential Bid Sparks Memories of When He Lived in China
- Queen Elizabeth Is Very Nervous About Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Next Moves, Expert Says
- Buhari condemns Boko Haram’s attack on UN helicopter in Borno
- Rapper Foogiano’s crew eyed over South Carolina club shooting
- From ‘Vmin’ to Taekook,’ BTS Fans Hope These ‘Ships’ Could Eventually Happen
- Trump offers to help NYC, Chicago with rising spike in shootings
- Kylie Jenner Stuns In A Gold Dress While Rocking A Side Braid — Pic – Warritatafo
- The last black NASCAR driver speaks out following Bubba Wallace controversy
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Outcry’ On Showtime, A Docuseries On A High School Football Star Convicted Of Molesting Children — But There Are Doubts
- ‘Jeopardy!’: Alex Trebek on His 1 Career Regret
- COVID-19: UK Theatres, museums and galleries get £1.6billion lifeline
- Cleveland Indians should honor Larry Doby with name change: Sherman
- #Coronavirus: Arts venues welcome £1.57bn government support
- France will not ban Huawei, but encouraging 5G telcos to avoid company
- ‘L&HH’s Masika Kalysha Supports Kanye West For President: Tweets – Warritatafo
- Kumail Nanjiani Hates His Shirtless Picture and Admits It Made Him Obsessive and ‘Shallow’
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Avery Warner Claims Black Lives Matter Is ‘Terrorizing and Trying to Submit White People Into Oppression’
- ‘LPBW’: Matt Roloff Posted a Photo of Controversial Son Jacob Roloff After Surprisingly Running Into Him