By Taofik Salako, Deputy Group Business Editor
Shareholders of Transcorp Hotels Plc have authorised the Board of Directors to raise N10 billion in new equity capital from shareholders as part of efforts to strengthen the capital base of the hotel and tourism company.
At the Extraordinary General Meeting in Lagos, shareholders approved new capital raising through a rights issue.
Transcorp Hotels, owners of Transcorp Hilton Abuja and Transcorp Hotels, Calabar, has the mandate to issue 2.66 billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N3.76 per share.
The rights will be pre-allotted to existing shareholders on the basis of seven new ordinary shares for every 20 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each held as at the qualification date.
The shares will be issued from the authorised share capital of the company, which is at N7.50 billion of 15.0 billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each. Post-offer fully paid-up share capital will be N5.13 billion of 10.26 billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each.
Chairman, Transcorp Hotels Plc, Mr. Emmanuel Nnorom said the endorsement by shareholders empowers the board and management to look to the future with confidence despite the current harsh operating environment.
Managing Director, Transcorp Hotels Plc, Mrs. Dupe Olusola, said the company’s track record of excellent service delivery has positioned it as the first choice for international and local guests.
“We are not resting on our oars but working round the clock to innovate new products and services to further delight our guests, notable of such is the launch of asset-light strategies to deepen our hospitality footprints across Africa,” Mrs Olusola said.
She added that while the world has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, with the hospitality industry being one of the hardest hit, Transcorp Hotels is optimistic about a great recovery for the sector.
She noted that shareholders’ approval for new capital raising shows that shareholders have confidence in the future of the company, assuring that the company will continue to play their part in ensuring a significant recovery to the Nigerian hospitality industry.
“A Non-Executive Director, who also represents the Ministry of Finance Incorporated on the board, Mr. Alexander Adeyemi, pointed out that given the challenging times the hospitality industry faces, it has become critical to inject funding into the business for a stronger balance sheet.
“Transcorp Hotels has maintained a history of excellent performance in the hospitality industry, and this is a bold step towards the achievement of its long term goals,” Adeyemi said.
Source: The Nation Online Nigeria
What will make you commit suicide?
- We are not from the Zoo, we are Biafrans – Idoma People Declares (video)
- Watch The Adorable daughters Of Actress Nadia Buari Help Take Out Her Braids (Video)
- Toyin Abraham and Husband, Kolawole Ajeyemi get Romantic while Dancing (Video)
- APC: How we rigged Ondo Election to make Akeredolu Governor in 2016 – Abegunde
- COVID-19: Another lockdown possible, if… ― FG tells Nigerians
- I was paid N5,000 to murder medical doctor in Zamfara – Suspect
- Akuapem Poloo Speaks After Her Arrest By The Police
- Popular Actor Uche Maduagwu Shades Tacha
- Regina Daniels & Other Nollywood Actresses Who Had A Male As Their First Child
- See Tonto Dikeh’s Reactions After She Saw A Photoshopped Photo Of Herself & Bobrisky
- New Song: Sound Sultan – Fayaa Fayaa Ft. Duktor Sett
- Teddi Mellencamp Reveals Daughter Dove Needs To Have Neurosurgery – Warritatafo
- Disinfection Of Schools To Begin Tuesday, FG Reveals
- Herbalist Used Pastor For Ritual In Osun State (Video)
- Transfer rumours: Rice, Koulibaly, Skriniar, Milinkovic-Savic, Ake, Edouard
- New Update on makeup artist, Deborah Tushima, who was poisoned at her birthday party over iphone 11, slupmed and died while dancing – Family explains what led to her death
- Davido’s cousin, Adenike, gets Benz gift from dad as she graduates
- Lizzo Kicked Out Of Vacation Rental & Accuses Landlord Of Police Threats – Warritatafo
- Brittany Matthews reacts to Patrick Mahomes’ monster Chiefs contract
- Bandits surrender as Nigerian Army destroys terrorists’ hideouts, captures logistics’ supplier [PHOTOS]
- Man shot dead in Bronx while walking with 6-year-old daughter
- Jon Gosselin Explains Why Collin Is Missing From 4th Of July Photo – Warritatafo
- Ebuka Obi-Uchendu announces he has been confirmed #BBNaija season 5 host
- New Song: Golden Boi – Pick Up ft MYkeelis
- What Ariana Grande’s Brother Frankie Has Said About Her Boyfriends
- ‘Saved By the Bell’ Had a Lesser-Known Disney Prequel Starring Brian Austin Green and Other Original Cast Members
- New rules: International students must leave U.S. if classes go online
- Macron ousts interior minister after police protests
- Florida schools ordered to reopen next month amid coronavirus spike
- [Video] Major headline News: APC faces hard task over 2023 zoning
- Black, disabled and female: ‘It’s a hard place to be’
- Reps begin investigation to identify, block $30bn annual revenue leakage
- ‘The Bold and the Beautiful’: Denise Richards Talks About Her Experience Going Back to Filming the Show
- Interstate travel: FRSC, road transport unions adopt resolutions
- Jacob deGrom: Winning third Cy Young wouldn’t feel the same
- Florida teen went to large church party two weeks before dying of coronavirus
- Post COVID-19: FG proposes N2.3trn to boost mining, other sectors
- Max Irons reveals he was ‘sweating and shaking’ during gun training for Condor
- Nets raising NBA restart expectations despite decimated roster
- Nigeria is worried over impact of COVID-19 – Ehanire
- Yankees’ Aaron Judge may really be ready for Opening Day
- PACAC says Malami is arrow-head of power bloc, as panel grills Magu for hours
- New Interview – Warritatafo
- Indian hemp: 70-yr-old woman, 4 others docked in Osun
- IGR: Investment experts seek review of tax collection initiative
- Disney Star Sebastian Athie dies at age 24
- Russian navy to receive some 40 warships this year
- NGO campaigns against rape in Abuja
- ‘Athlete A’: What Is the New Netflix Documentary About?
- Kanayo becomes a lawyer after passing law school
- Yankees are battle-proven for craziness of 2020 MLB season
- New York father fatally shot while holding daughter’s hand (Photos)
- Prison officials want to ensure Ghislaine Maxwell doesn’t meet same fate as Epstein
- #Coronavirus: Boris Johnson criticised over care home comments
- State govts responsible for COVID-19 patients’ evacuation — NCDC