Adam Savage’s sister Miranda Pacchiana shockingly accused him of allegedly sexually abusing her when they were children but he says she’s ‘falsely attacking’ him. Here are five things you should know about him.
Adam Savage, 52, is facing some serious sexual abuse allegations from his own sister, Miranda Pacchiana, 51, but he has denied them all. Miranda filed a lawsuit against the former MythBusters co-host on June 30 and is alleging he sexually abused her numerous times when they were children growing up in Sleepy Hollow, NY, according to a complaint obtained by the New York Post. Adam denied the allegations in a statement HollywoodLife received from his lawyer, Andrew Brettler.
“While I hope that my sister gets the help she needs to find peace, this needs to end,” he said in the statement. “For many years, she has relentlessly and falsely attacked me and other members of my family to anyone who will listen.”
“By spreading numerous untrue stories about us in pursuit of a financial bonanza, she has tortured our entire family and estranged herself from all of us,” he continued. “I will fight this groundless and offensive lawsuit and work to put this to rest once and for all.”
Adam’s mother, Karen Savage, also made a statement through Brettler. “It makes me very sad to say this, but my daughter suffers from severe mental health challenges, and it’s devastating that she’s putting Adam and our entire family through this,” she said. “Adam is a good man, and I support him completely.”
Here are five things you should know about Adam and the situation.
1.) Miranda claims Adam nicknamed himself “the raping blob” and tried to mask the alleged sexual abuse as a game. She said the alleged abuse happened when she was around 7-10 years old and Adam was around 9-12 years old, the New York Post further reported. “Beginning in or about 1976 and continuing until approximately 1979, Adam Savage would repeatedly rape Miranda Pacchiana and force oral sex upon her, and forced Miranda to perform oral sex on him, along with other forms of sexual abuse,” the reported complaint, which was filed in Westchester Supreme Court, reads.
The complaint also says that Adam would prevent Miranda, who runs a website that supports survivors of sexual abuse, from leaving the bed and would anally rape her. She wrote about the alleged abuse in a blog post on her website, The Second Wound, and said it led to “periods of depression and near-constant anxiety.” She also claimed she has had “no contact” with Adam for over two decades.
2.) He’s worked as a model maker on several popular films. Adam, who has been involved in many different jobs over the years, made models for films like Galaxy Quest, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, and Space Cowboys. He also taught model making in the department of Industrial Design at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, CA.
3.) He appeared in 282 episodes of MythBusters for 17 seasons from 2003 until 2016. The Discovery Channel show, which became the platform he is best known for, was filmed in San Francisco, where he still lives, and his role as co-host was to disprove or confirm various myths through tests and experiments.
4.) His work has been recognized in a number of ways, including various awards. He received an honorary doctorate from the University of Twente in The Netherlands in 2011 for helping to popularize science and technology. He was also named Humanist of the Year by the American Humanist Association at their annual conference in 2017.
5.) He’s the father of twin boys. His children are from a previous relationship he was in before he went on to marry Julia Ward in Sept. 2004.
What will make you commit suicide?
- Pregnant Woman Who Died And Was Buried Gives Birth In Her Grave(Video)
- I Pity You, It Will End In Tears’ – Teni Speaks Doom On DJ Cuppy
- Tacha’s Ex-bestie, Sir Dee Stuns ” The Brekete Kingdom” With New Looks Few Days After He Was Sacked (Photos)
- Madonna, 61, flaunts her perky boobs as she leans on a crutch
- 6,594 Lagos Occupants Recover from COVID-19 with self medication, Says Prof. Akin Abayomi
- NYSC Set To Kick Start Physical Verification Exercise For Foreign-Trained Graduates
- “Ole Ni Everybody” Naira Marley Mocks EFCC Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu Over His DSS’ Arrest
- BBN’s Princess Onyejekwe tells babymamas, others to stop doing wife duties for a man that is not their husband
- Bobrisky says there is no justification for beating a girlfriend or wife as he speaks on Abusive Relationships
- Don’t Do Wife Duties For Girlfriend Prices – BBNaija’s Princess Priceless Advise To Ladies
- ‘Summer House’: Lauren Wirkus Marries David Raih in an Intimate Ceremony
- ‘The Office:’ Jenna Fischer Posts 10-Year Anniversary Photo With Her Husband But Fans Are Asking For Jim
- 5 Nigerian Celebrities who have been arrested, charged Abroad for fraudulent activities
- Actress Tayo Odueke A.K.A Sindodo Is Celebrating Her Mum On Her Birthday
- Sleeping in a Cell is Allah’s Wish for Me – Magu
- Check Out Korede Bello’s New Look
- Update: Ghanaian actress, Akuapem Poloo arrested over her nude photo with her seven-year-old son
- The society only appreciates fully dressed hardworking ladies while those unclad are regarded as promiscuous – Actress Moyo Lawal
- Regina Daniels Ex-Best Friend rumored to be dating her Ex-Boyfriend
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Bugsy Drake Won’t Tolerate Sexually Inappropriate Behavior From Lead Deckhand
- AY Poyoo Now Has More YouTube Subscribers Than Yaa Pono, Joey B, Efya, Edem & Others
- Pension fraud: Ihedioha exonerates self, blames Okorocha
- Actress Ada Karl laments over not being able to conduct some online activities linked to the US because she is in Nigeria
- Nigerian Foreign Exchange Traders Lament Over Naira’s Devaluation
- Checkout These Amazing Photos Of An African Woman Who Still Slays At 52(Photos)
- 14 bodies recovered from River Benue after sunday’s boat mishap
- Josh Brolin and wife Kathryn Boyd expecting second child together
- Why Baker Mayfield, wife Emily celebrated on Patrick Mahomes’ contract day
- Claps Back After He Slams Him For Drake Diss – Warritatafo
- “Most entertainers are broke, Covid-19 has shown who saved for raining day”- Rapper Illbliss
- Johnny Depp testifies that Amber Heard may have once defecated in their bed
- Why Did Jay-Z and Beyoncé Skip Out on Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s Wedding?
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus
- Edo 2020: Obaseki ‘ll be shocked at outcome of election ― Ganduje
- Car speeds away with protester on hood after alleged lynching attempt in Indiana
- Madonna, 61, poses topless in mirror selfie
- EFCC: More details on Magu’s probe emerge
- Enough Is Enough, Reopen All Churches Now — CAN Urges Lagos, Others
- The Song From ‘Hamilton’ That Was Inspired By a Lot of Beatles Songs
- Paris Jackson gets candid about self-harm and depression
- President Buhari makes new appointments,See categories
- #Coronavirus: Majority testing positive have no symptoms
- Ondo: APC label resignation of Dep. Gov, SSG from party as unreasonable
- Country singer Lindsay Ell reveals she was raped at 13 and 21 years old
- We won’t step down for defected deputy gov, Ondo PDP aspirants insist
- Chima: Court remands four Police officers over alleged torture, death of mechanic
- How IPOB Deputy Leader, Uche Mefor cautioned Members attacking ‘Prophetess’ Who Spoke on Radio Biafra
- This is why there’s so much pink snow covering the alps
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Magu
- ‘Blue Bloods’: Why Did Henry Walk With a Limp at the Beginning of the Series?
- Beware of FAKE JOURNALISTS! Daily Beast exposes network of false personas that tricked news outlets into publishing their op-eds — Warritatafo
- Reporter’s viral Pablo Sandoval photo drew fat shaming and regrets
- COVID-19: Taraba govt laments non compliance to safety rules in state
- EFCC: Place Magu on watchlist – Fayose tells Buhari
- Mookie Betts’ MLB free agency hinges on a tense Dodgers season