A 64-year-old French man was attacked by a lion that tore part of his arm off during a luxury safari with his wife in Tanzania — and is now suing the British company that organized the trip, according to a report.
Patrick Fourgeaud, 64, and his wife Brigitte, 63, awoke to the sight of the big cat in their tent in the Ruaha National Park in August 2015, the UK’s Metro reported.
The lion sniffed Brigitte before attacking her husband in the horrifying mauling, according to the outlet.
Patrick has undergone 10 surgeries to reconstruct his left arm and is expected to undergo additional operations in the near future, Metro reported.
The couple, from Mont-Saxonnex, France, claim holiday provider Africa Travel Resource failed in its duty to ensure the safety of its clients.
The company has denied all responsibility, according to the outlet.
The couple has been struggling with mental-health problems, Metro reported, with Brigitte suffering from depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.
“I will never forget that moment when I woke up to see the lion there. I thought we were both going to die. The attack will stay with me for the rest of my life,” she said.
“Nothing will change what we have been through, but we both believe that more could have been done to prevent what happened and we both want to ensure that this doesn’t happen to other holidaymakers again.”
The couple alleges that the company did not make sure there were physical barriers in place between the camp and wild animals.
They also claim there were no surveillance measures and precautions taken by their guide, according to Metro.
The couple’s attorney, Leane Shanks, said: “Four years on from this horrific attack, Patrick and Brigitte are still trying to come to terms with the ordeal they faced that night.
“Having always been passionate about seeing animals in the wild, and having been on several safaris in Africa in the past, they had booked this holiday to an area of Africa that they particularly loved,” Shanks said.
“Tour operators and holiday firms have a duty of care to ensure the safety of customers, and in this case we believe this did not happen.”
ATR told Metro: “The company cannot comment at this time as the matter is still subject to legal proceedings.”
Source: New York Post
- I Face S e x u a l H a r a s s m e n t From The Women Than Men – Actress Ada Ebere Cries Out
- #BBNaija2020: “Old Womanamoeba” – Nengi Tells Lucy As The Both Fight Dirty (Watch Video)
- #BBNaija 2020: Here is how the Viewers voted in the Second Eviction
- 22-year-old girl plug out her eyes while high on drugs (Photos)
- BBNaija: I Am Not Sure If I Have Feelings For Erica – Kiddwaya Tells Ebuka
- “My last day in a rented apartment, God you turned my tears into laughter” – Iyabo Ojo writes as she moves into her new mansion in Lagos – Watch Video
- BBNaija: Eric reveals why he was voted out
- BBNaija 2020: Laycon should keep his distance, Kiddwaya is my special friend – Erica
- Gov. Fayemi Mourns Demise Of Ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- #BBNaija 2020: Eric and Tochi have been Evicted from Big Brother’s House
- BBNaija: I Asked Erica To Give Me Some Space So The Feelings Can Go Away – Laycon To Ebuka –
- Customs react to alleged shooting of NURTW member by personnel
- Beautiful Photos from the 30th birthday celebration of Jude Okoye’s wife
- BBNaija 2020: Eric & Tochi evicted from the show
- #BBNaija: Lucy and Nengi engage in shouting match in Big Brother house (video)
- BBNaija 2020: You will make worst mistake losing me – Ozo tells Dorathy
- ‘Yahoo’ boys have become role models, Diezani laments
- Governor Obiano Appoint 28 year old Eze Chianumba as Executive Assistant
- BBNaija 2020: ‘You like to be touched by different men’ – Lucy, Nengi in war of words
- Exposed!!! Secret Camera Caught A Tenant Banging His landlady Under Fan
- How rumoured Alaafin of Oyo’s Ex-Wife, Queen Ola would look as a new bride (VIDEOS/PHOTOS)
- Impeach Godwin Obaseki, Karimi Urges Edo Assembly
- Tochi And Eric Gets Evicted From Big Brother Naija 2020
- BBNaija 2020: ‘I am disappointed’ – Tochi says after eviction
- “I don’t have feelings for Erica yet” – Kiddwaya tells Ebuka
- Snake becomes straphanger, slithers onto unidentified MTA platform
- #BBNaija 2020: “I have decided to give Laycon his space” – Erica
- Trump offers to help Beirut investigate blast, calls for calm amid protests
- BBNaija: Their Wedding Will Hold This Week Saturday – Nigerians Reacts To Eric’s Eviction From The Show
- RevolutionNow: DSS releases Bakare, 3 others detained protesters in Osun
- Pastor Impregnates Two Underage Sisters, Scam Their Mom Of N2million In Ogun State
- FAAN Worker C r u s h e d To Death By A Fallen Container, Chidinma Ajoku, Finally Laid To Rest In Ikoyi Cemetery, Lagos
- African tech startups raise $1.4b in five years
- Nigerian stocks strike N1tr deals in first half
- Trump offers helping hand to Lebanon, calls for calm
- US alleges Chinese state interference in upcoming presidential election
- Ishaku sacks media aide hours after daughter’s wedding
- Gunmen kill Obiano’s aide on security
- #BBNaija: Eric and Tochi evicted from Big Brother House
- #BBNaija2020: Why I Didn’t Pursue My Feelings For Nengi – Ex Housemate, Tochi
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Bryson DeChambeau feels closer to first major win after strong PGA Championship
- ZLP clears Ondo deputy gov as a candidate
- Fire rips through Rachael Ray’s home in upstate New York
- Osimhen: Ngerem urges MOS, NFF to support elite athletes
- President Buhari Mourns As Prominent UK-Based Nigerian Dies
- Ighalo makes Man Utd against Copenhagen
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 437 new cases, total now 46,577
- Nigeria: Nigeria Begins Reforms of International Investment Agreements
- Nigeria: Buhari Approves Judicial Panel of Enquiry Over Allegations Against Magu
- Nigeria: 60 Dead On Imo Payroll, Audit Shows
- Nigeria: Edo 2020 – Okunbo Urge Politicians to Take a Cue From Ex President Jonathan
- College football 2020 fall season in danger of being cancelled
- New Jersey police shut down ‘pop-up’ house party with 300 attendees
- Nets clinch 7th seed with impressive win over Clippers
- #RevolutionNow: DSS releases Bakare, three other protesters in Osun
- Community policing: FCT minister advocates involvement of council chairmen, traditional rulers
- 3-year-girl among victims killed in Beirut blast
- Unknown assailants kill Gov Obiano’s aide on security
- Sioux Nation will block bikers headed to Sturgis rally, citing coronavirus concerns
- SUNU Assurances posts N1.2b profit
- Sanwo-Olu issues seven-day ultimatum to hospital’s management to remove containers
- Ekiti doctors accuse government of paying lip service to healthcare, welfare
- Could new Champions League format lead to new name on trophy despite virus worry?
- North East governors want FG to equip police for anti-terrorism war
- Lyon lift Women’s French Cup as Champions League warm-up
- Why I declined joining APC after talks, by Ortom
- Tiger Woods accepting mediocrity at PGA Championship doesn’t feel right
- Police dismiss inspector for allegedly brutalising tailor, causing death in Osun
- Accident claims two lives in Anambra – FRSC
- Hope rises for annuity business