The governor, Seyi Makinde, described Chief Akindele as a legend and role model for development, adding that he will live forever because of his kindheartedness and success stories as an industrialist and philanthropic gestures.
During his address, Makinde asked family members and other burial attendees to take solace in the fact that he left legacies of kindheartedness and success that will never die.
According to the Governor, the late Chief Akindele lived a good life and left indelible marks on the sand of time.
“To Baba’s family, I say this, you may not see Baba physically anymore but our loved ones never really leave us.
“They live forever with us. Each time we hear a voice that sounds like theirs, someone that shares a similar look or act as they do, we are reminded that a part of them always remains with us.
“But even more than that, we take solace in the fact that someday, very soon, we will all meet again never to part.
“The first time I met Baba physically was in this church and I said to him that I have been looking for an opportunity for us to meet face-to-face.
“My father did pray that when I grow up, I should be like Chief Bode Akindele, Parakoyi of Ibadanland. This means Baba numbered his days in wisdom.”
Makinde recalled how Chief Akindele wanted to volunteer his multimillion medical facility to the State Government as an isolation centre at the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Baba was looking for me on how to use his medical facility as an isolation centre for Oyo State. Not only that, it is also on record that Baba is the largest single donor to Oyo State Covid-19 Endowment Fund. So, he was a legend and will live forever.
“He (Chief Akindele) achieved success as an entrepreneur, industrialist and philanthropist. So, he remains a model for me. After I won the election, those that are familiar with my electioneering campaign will remember I promised that once we come in, I would go to Ikere Gorge Dam and ensure that, within one year in office, Oyo State must go into freshwater stream farming.
“So, I came in and we started all the work. At that time, Baba invited me to his house at Alomaja and I was with him for about two hours that day.
“He tore all my ideas into pieces. He told me of the challenges he went through when he was into stream thing. And we have committed a lot of resources of Oyo State into that effort.
“After I left Baba, I went back home and called some of those that are close to me and told them Baba has succeeded in tearing our ideas to pieces and, as a result, we would not go ahead with it. This is because we would not commit Oyo State resources to a project that we cannot see the end from the beginning.
“So, I lost and then we went back to the drawing board. We are doing a lot more research to see if this can still be done in a way that will be beneficial to Oyo state because I was looking for the opportunity to win the argument with Baba, but Baba answered the call of God. So, I acknowledged that I lost that argument with Baba and there is nothing I can do anymore,” Makinde added.
Prelate of Methodist Church of Nigeria, Dr. Kanu Uche, said Akindele served God and humanity to the best of his ability.
Source: The Street Journal
- I Face S e x u a l H a r a s s m e n t From The Women Than Men – Actress Ada Ebere Cries Out
- #BBNaija2020: “Old Womanamoeba” – Nengi Tells Lucy As The Both Fight Dirty (Watch Video)
- #BBNaija 2020: Here is how the Viewers voted in the Second Eviction
- 22-year-old girl plug out her eyes while high on drugs (Photos)
- Gov. Fayemi Mourns Demise Of Ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- BBNaija: I Am Not Sure If I Have Feelings For Erica – Kiddwaya Tells Ebuka
- “My last day in a rented apartment, God you turned my tears into laughter” – Iyabo Ojo writes as she moves into her new mansion in Lagos – Watch Video
- BBNaija: Eric reveals why he was voted out
- BBNaija 2020: Laycon should keep his distance, Kiddwaya is my special friend – Erica
- #BBNaija 2020: Eric and Tochi have been Evicted from Big Brother’s House
- BBNaija: I Asked Erica To Give Me Some Space So The Feelings Can Go Away – Laycon To Ebuka –
- BBNaija 2020: Eric & Tochi evicted from the show
- #BBNaija: Lucy and Nengi engage in shouting match in Big Brother house (video)
- BBNaija 2020: You will make worst mistake losing me – Ozo tells Dorathy
- Governor Obiano Appoint 28 year old Eze Chianumba as Executive Assistant
- ‘Yahoo’ boys have become role models, Diezani laments
- BBNaija 2020: ‘You like to be touched by different men’ – Lucy, Nengi in war of words
- Impeach Godwin Obaseki, Karimi Urges Edo Assembly
- Exposed!!! Secret Camera Caught A Tenant Banging His landlady Under Fan
- BBNaija 2020: ‘I am disappointed’ – Tochi says after eviction
- How rumoured Alaafin of Oyo’s Ex-Wife, Queen Ola would look as a new bride (VIDEOS/PHOTOS)
- Tochi And Eric Gets Evicted From Big Brother Naija 2020
- “I don’t have feelings for Erica yet” – Kiddwaya tells Ebuka
- Snake becomes straphanger, slithers onto unidentified MTA platform
- #BBNaija 2020: “I have decided to give Laycon his space” – Erica
- Trump offers to help Beirut investigate blast, calls for calm amid protests
- BBNaija 2020: I will beat up anyone who embarrasses me on national TV – Kiddwaya
- BBNaija: Their Wedding Will Hold This Week Saturday – Nigerians Reacts To Eric’s Eviction From The Show
- RevolutionNow: DSS releases Bakare, 3 others detained protesters in Osun
- Pastor Impregnates Two Underage Sisters, Scam Their Mom Of N2million In Ogun State
- FAAN Worker C r u s h e d To Death By A Fallen Container, Chidinma Ajoku, Finally Laid To Rest In Ikoyi Cemetery, Lagos
- #BBNaija2020: Why I Didn’t Pursue My Feelings For Nengi – Ex Housemate, Tochi
- African tech startups raise $1.4b in five years
- Nigerian stocks strike N1tr deals in first half
- Trump offers helping hand to Lebanon, calls for calm
- US alleges Chinese state interference in upcoming presidential election
- Ishaku sacks media aide hours after daughter’s wedding
- Gunmen kill Obiano’s aide on security
- #BBNaija: Eric and Tochi evicted from Big Brother House
- Is de Blasio really going to bail out a donor again — at city expense?
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- BBNaija 2020: How housemates voted out Eric, Tochi, saved Kaisha, Trickytee
- Graft allegations: Malami writes Buhari, says he’s not corrupt, lists income sources
- Yankees quick to defend Gary Sanchez over dooming wild pitch
- Yahoo boys are now role models in Nigeria – Diezani Madueke [VIDEO]
- Many feared dead as bandits attack Kurfi in Katsina
- EDO 2020: APC, PDP bicker over do-or-die antics
- Man Utd vs Copenhagen: Solskjaer names squad for Europa League clash
- NDDC’s Pondei petitions IGP, seeks probe of contract awards
- Man Utd vs Copenhagen: I must make difficult decision about goalkeepers – Solskjaer
- Governor Obiano’s SSA On Security Murdered
- Malaysia’s ex-finance minister charged again in graft case
- Bryson DeChambeau feels closer to first major win after strong PGA Championship
- US tops 5 million confirmed coronavirus cases, to Europe’s alarm
- ZLP clears Ondo deputy gov as a candidate
- Eleven from one family drown in flash flood in Panama
- French aid workers among eight killed by gunmen in Niger
- UEFA Champions League fixtures
- Fire rips through Rachael Ray’s home in upstate New York
- Osimhen: Ngerem urges MOS, NFF to support elite athletes
- President Buhari Mourns As Prominent UK-Based Nigerian Dies
- Ighalo makes Man Utd against Copenhagen
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 437 new cases, total now 46,577
- Nigeria: Nigeria Begins Reforms of International Investment Agreements
- Nigeria: Buhari Approves Judicial Panel of Enquiry Over Allegations Against Magu
- Nigeria: 60 Dead On Imo Payroll, Audit Shows
- Nigeria: Edo 2020 – Okunbo Urge Politicians to Take a Cue From Ex President Jonathan
- ‘World pledges 250 million euros for Lebanon’s people’
- Renewed Lebanon protests as pressure mounts on government
- David and Goliath: China and Taiwan’s military mismatch
- College football 2020 fall season in danger of being cancelled