By Adesina Wahab
As students in Senior Secondary School class three resume in Lagos on Monday, the Office of Education Quality Assurance has issued guidelines for re-opening of schools and urged owners to adhere to the guidelines, as reopening and assessment of schools will be simultaneously done.
The Director-General, Mrs Abiola Seriki-Ayeni, stated this while briefing newsmen in Ikeja, Lagos.
Seriki-Ayeni, who emphasized that school re-opening is centred on Senior Secondary School 3 students alone and not students in other classes, added that the released guidelines were in line with the Federal Government’s stance on the matter.
She, therefore, advised all private school owners, whether approved or unapproved, to study the released guidelines and develop a template for their re-opening plans.
According to her, “Lagos is the epicentre of Covid-19 where we have a lot of private schools, therefore safety must be first while we ensure learning continues. It is not just [physical learning but blended learning.”
She advised the general public, school owners, parents and students to continue to adhere to the safety and hygiene measures in the guidelines because the success of the re-opening of schools was contingent and very much dependent on the ability to flatten the curve as a society.
“We also want to make sure that all school owners, administrators and management staff complete online training on our website. After the training, they are expected to complete an online self-assessment form to indicate they have successfully completed the training.
“What is expected of them during the training is that they have to create their own re-opening plans based on our template on distance learning plans, blended learning plans, health and safety protocols like fumigation of classrooms, provision of running water and soap for handwashing. “Others include staggering of student’s time to maintain social distancing and taking of measurements to figure out how many students to be physically together at a point in time.
“Health and Safety officers must be available at the premises and schools must also have a plan for Ciovid-19 like having knowledge of local isolation centres. They must also have learning managers that will ensure that students are learning either at home or in school. He will keep track of assessment to measure the quality of students learning, help teachers with learning plans and the curriculum”.
The Director-General further said that after developing resumption plans, the private schools must proceed to register for clearance in readiness for re-opening by visiting the agency website on www.oeqalagos.com or www.lagoslearnstogether.com to fill in basic data about their schools and the self-assessment form to indicate readiness.
“Top-level officers of Education Quality Assurance who had undergone rigorous training on the new normal will lead teams across the state’s six education districts to access schools on re-opening preparation especially on social distancing.
“They have been trained on how to support schools and teachers and to make sure schools are updated on the entire process. The visit to schools by Quality Assurance officers will be based on information submitted online, therefore schools must go through the entire process to indicate readiness to re-open. Upon a satisfactory visit, schools will be issued clearance indication like a bar code to indicate that the school has met the requirements ”
Finally, the DG warned that the Lagos State Government would continue to seal and sanction private schools that continue to defy the closure directive of the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
Source: Vanguard News
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- This 32-year-old who Has Both Male And Female S 3 x 0 r g a n s Cries Out, Here Is What Happened To Him (Video)
- BBNaija: Erica Breaks Up With Kiddwaya, Few Days After Having Fun With Him
- #BBNaija 2020: Kidd Waya, Erica, Brighto, Nengi, Dorathy & More win Dulux Design Challenge; get N2million
- EPL: Real Madrid left-back, Reguilon chooses Chelsea
- I Will Remove My W0mb Soon – Popular Fashion Stylist, Toyin Lawani Announces; See Why
- EPL: Arteta chooses between Willian, Coutinho
- Arsenal plan to make 55 staff redundant
- Boko Haram supplier arrested in Borno
- #BBNaija: ”Shut up your mouth:” Ozo clashes with Prince during their drama practice (video)
- Dortmund issues update on Jadon Sancho’s move to Man Utd
- EPL: Paul Scholes names player Manchester United should sign instead of Sancho
- Nigerian govt reacts to video of stranded Nigerian ladies in Saudi Arabia
- Veteran Actress Toyin Tomato in sorrow as she loses her mum
- Popular Slay Queen Grows Lean After C0ntracting HIV/AIDS
- #BBNaija 2020: Laycon’s EP Hits 1 Million Streams
- Private depots sell petrol N139 per litre
- BBNaija 2020: Dorathy, Nengi, Kidwwaya, Team B housmates win N2m each
- Lady rejects her boyfriend’s proposal, angrily walks away because he refused to kneel down (Video)
- Nigerian Lady Rejects her Boyfriend’s marriage proposal, “Says he didn’t kneel down” (video)
- I was tempted to touch, says pastor accused of raping fellow pastor’s daughter
- 150 stranded Nigerian girls in Lebanon to be evacuated
- Travis Kelce confirms breakup with girlfriend Kayla Nicole
- BBNaija 2020: Erica breaks up with Kiddwaya
- Diddy’s son, Christian Combs ‘injured in accident’ after a Tesla crashes into his Ferrari (photos)
- COVID-19: Osinbajo reveals Buhari’s priority
- Women Are Meant To Make Men Suffer Before Marriage — Nigerian Relationship Blogger, Oloni
- Europa League: All the teams that have qualified for quarter-finals so far
- Nigeria wants good COVID-19 vaccine — Osinbajo
- Security malaise and post Covid-19 Nigeria
- Why Did Max Leave ‘Catfish’ and Who Is the New Host Kamie Crawford?
- Akwa Ibom PDP commiserates with APC over Chairman’s demise
- BBNaija: ‘He Has So Much To Offer’ – Evicted Housemate, Ka3na Reveals Who She Want To Win
- Gov Dapo Abiodun Has Sold Ogun State To Christians – MURIC
- Tiger Woods might have new putter for PGA Championship
- Edo Deputy Speaker Impeached Hours After Endorsing APC Governorship Candidate, Ize-iyamu
- Al-Qaeda penetrating North-west, US alerts Nigeria
- Edo Govt on auto-pilot — APC campaign council
- Anambra CP summons DPOs, others over rise in cultism
- Nigerians Mercilessly Drag Olamide Over New “Wonma” Music Video Where He Portrayed Nurses As ‘S e x u a l Objects’
- Nigeria police frees Fulani herdsmen-kidnappers In Enugu
- New Jersey gas station set ablaze after car crashes into fuel pumps
- Benue discovers dead teachers on its payroll
- Presidency Tells Communities To Accept Former Boko Haram Fighters
- Security Operatives Shave Off #RevolutionNow Protester’s Hair With Knife, Broken Bottle In Abuja
- Lack of political collaboration, not military sabotage responsible for resurgence of Boko Haram, Says ex-Senate President
- Banditry: Attack leaves UDUS student injured
- Falana, Others Condemn Arrest Of Revolution Now Protesters
- ‘Man Utd is in my blood’ – Jesse Lingard reacts to Europa League victory
- #RevolutionNow: Agba Jalingo re-arrested by Lagos police
- 457 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded In Nigeria
- Governors, Gbajabiamila, Dangote celebrate Rabiu at 60
- We’re committed to finding vaccine, says Osinbajo
- WAEC: Kwara Schools Reopen, Comply With COVID-19 Protocols
- Soldier Arrested For Criticising Tukur Buratai Feared Dead As Chief Of Army Staff Allegedly Attempts Cover Up
- Ohanaeze, IPOB unite
- Zack Wheeler shows Mets what they’re missing by stifling Yankees
- Rivers: Why Wike Removed JAAC Accounts From Banks
- Africa: How Can Nuclear Help Africa, 75 Years After Hiroshima?
- Arsenal to sack 55 staff as COVID-19 hits revenues
- ‘Cost-reflective tariff, deregulation will boost DisCos’