Following the call by an elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakassi, for Igbo presidency in 2023, the former national chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, has declared that Ndigbo would join Nnamdi Kanu, to seek Biafra secession from Nigeria if South-East does not produce the president of the country in 2023.
Nwodo, who was also the former governor of Enugu State and national secretary of PDP said that Ndigbo have suffered grievous marginalisation in Nigeria and should be given a chance to produce a president for the sake of equity and national unity.
He said this during an exclusive interview with newsmen on Tuesday, adding that South-East geopolitical zone has been persecuted for over 50 years even though the region is more patriotic than any other geopolitical zone in terms of economic development of the nation.
He said “Yakassi’s call is very fair and that is the correct thing. In the first republic, the country was led by Tafawa Balewa, in the second republic, it was led by Shehu Shagari. And then, those of us in PDP made a very strong case to move the presidency to South East, because even the military people were all from the north, apart from Aguiyi Ironsi who presided over for a very short time.
“We managed to convince them at the party and Olusegun Obasanjo and Alex Ekwueme contested. That was when Obasanjo won and after his tenure, he handed power to another northerner, late Alhaji Musa Yar’Adua who unfortunately died in office and the Vice president completed the tenure. President Muhammadu Buhari will complete his eight years in office by 2023. Following equity, the presidency should come to the South-East because Obasanjo was president for eight years, now Yemi Osibanjo is also the vice president and would finish his eight-year tenure by 2023.
“So, in Southern Nigeria, it would be a total disaster if we do not produce the next president because we have been terribly marginalised since the end of the civil war. For 50 years now, we have been persecuted for having fought for freedom. When will this marginalisation stop? Anybody who loves Nigeria and who wishes Nigeria well should go for Igbo Presidency in 2023 for unity, fairness, equity and for Nigeria to move forward.
“It is only an Igbo man who will not marginalise any part of Nigeria because we constitute the semen that hold the country together. We are the only tribe that you find in every nook and cranny of Nigeria; doing business and developing wherever they are as if it was their own place.
“I don’t believe that the Igbos are not united, there has never been a time when any region produced a consensus candidate, everybody emerged through primary elections.
The last election was zoned to the north and Atiku Abubakar contested with other aspirants before he emerged PDP’s candidate, so did Buhari contest with other candidates before emerging the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC. There is no zone that has produced a candidate by consensus. It doesn’t matter how many people are interested, they will be subjected to party primaries and the person with highest vote will win.
“I agree with Nnamdi Kanu in everything he says about the marginalisation of the Igbos. He, more than any other person has put it on the international map. If Nigeria tells the elites from South East that they would be treated as second class citizens in Nigeria, and that they can never be president, almost all of them will go with Kanu to fight for Biafra.
Anybody who wants to be a second-class citizen can support whoever he wants. Any Igbo man who wants to bequeath secured future for himself and generation yet unborn should support this call for Igbo presidency. In the spirit of fairness and equity, Nigeria should give the presidency to South East in 2023, otherwise, we will join him and fight for Biafra.
- Kris Jenner confirms she will not be joining ‘RHOBH’Kris Jenner will not be joining the ladies of “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.” Several fans speculated that the 65-year-old mother of six would join the hit Bravo series following news of her E! ...[Read more]
- Is Laycon Impotent? Reactions As Laycon GRINDS Nengi’s Bumbum In The Jacuzzi (VIDEO)ADVERTISEMENT Last night at the house was another massive and enjoyable moment as a video circulating online captured Laycon seriously grinding and rocking Nengi’s bumbum, he wouldn’t let her go. ...[Read more]
- US public lands boss William Perry Pendley serving unlawfully: judgeA federal judge ruled Friday that the top US official overseeing public lands has been serving unlawfully in his post and blocked him from continuing on in the position. William Perry Pendley has ...[Read more]
- Drew Barrymore Reunites With Ex-Husband Tom Green On ‘The Drew Barrymore Show’ For First Time In 15 YearsOn Friday, Drew Barrymore welcomed her ex-husband Tom Green, whom she hadn’t spoken to or seen for 15 years, onto The Drew Barrymore Show for an emotional reunion. The endearing trip down memory lane ...[Read more]
- Why Silicon Valley CEOs are such raging psychopathsMaëlle Gavet, a 15-year veteran of the tech industry, recalls an unsettling conversation she had at a Silicon Valley cocktail party in 2017. Gavet was chatting with an early investor at Uber and ...[Read more]
- Chika Ike Sends ‘Important’ Message To Her Fans On InstagramADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress, Chika Ike has cautioned fans not to be humble to a fault because it is destructive. READ ALSO: Jackie Appiah Is Pregnant – Blogger Alleges The actress believes ...[Read more]
- Money Talks: Zubby Michael Makes Money Rain At Rachael Okonkwo’s Mother’s Burial- WatchADVERTISEMENT Zubby Michael made money literally rain at the burial of a colleague’s mother this weekend. READ ALSO: OBO Things: Davido Gives His Cook, Uncle Chef $1000 As Birthday Gift And He ...[Read more]
- Jupitar is a lazy musician – EpixodeDancehall artiste, Epixode, has described fellow dancehall artiste, Jupitar as a lazy musician. – Advertisement – Speaking in an exclusive interview with Fiifi Pratt on ‘Afro Joint’ on ...[Read more]
- DOWNLOAD: Stonebwoy – Good Morning ft Chivv X SpankerADVERTISEMENT BHIM Nation president, Livingstone Etse Satekla professionally called Stonebwoy rolls out this single tagged; ‘Good Morning’. He links up with Dutch hip-hop recording artiste, Chivv and ...[Read more]
- “Don’t Join Nationwide Strike By Labour Union” – Federal Government Warns Civil ServantsFederal Government of Nigeria has warned civil servants working under federal civil service not to join the planned strike by labour unions across the country scheduled to begin on Monday September ...[Read more]
- Ghana Election 2020: I Will Not Accept A Flawed Election Results – John MahamaADVERTISEMENT John Dramani Mahama, Presidential Candidate of opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has said he will not accept a flawed election results if the Electoral Commission of Ghana ...[Read more]
- ”I Didn’t Even Give Him My Blessing To Go Into Music” – Mayorkun’s Mother Toyin Adewale SaysPopular Nollywood actress, Toyin Adewale in an interview with City People speak on her relationship with her son, Mayorkun and how she initially held reservations against he’s music career. Adewale ...[Read more]
- Nancy Grace: My fiancé’s 1979 murder fuels my career nowYears before she became Nancy Grace, legal commentator and host of her own show, “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace” on Fox Nation, she was Nancy Grace, a 19-year-old English literature major at Mercer ...[Read more]
- “Business Moves” – Kiddwaya Says As He Meets CEO Of Transcorp Group2020 Evicted Big Brother Naija lockdown housemate, Kiddwaya has met President/CEO of Transcorp group Nigeria, Owen Omogiafo in Abuja. According to the reality star, he caught up with her for some ...[Read more]
- Frustrated Nigerian Graduate Burns All His Certificates Over Inability To Secure A JobA young graduate from Katsina state identified as Usman Abubakar, has reportedly burnt all his certificates including National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) University degree, WAEC. According to reports ...[Read more]
Join The Discussion👇🏾
- on Muslim Man Encounters Jesus While Trying To Kill His Christian Cousin Only true Jesus can one have eternal life. Even before He was born var…
- on #BBNaija: Why Laycon Will Win Bbnaija 2020 – Nengi Reveals Yes oh... Laycon for the money
- on Two Pastors R a p e 27-year Old Female Corps Member During Prayer Session In Rivers State Chai, this world no balance oh...
- on BBNaija: You Would Never Guess What Nenji And Laycon Was Caught Doing She knows he will win, that's why she want to get attached with laycon
- on BBNaija: See What Dorathy Was Caught Doing Alone In The Box Room Dora my girl
- on Losing His Father And Falling Off A Rooftop: READ Touching Story Of Laycon Before BBNaija May he rest in peace
- on May People With Pure Intentions Find People With Pure Intentions – Davido Prays Amen
- on Nigerian Man Shows Giant Monitor Lizard His Cousin Killed In His Farm- Readies For Pepper Soup- Photos I wish you people know the medical importantance of this Gila lizard.
- on CEO Of Mike Cars Threatens To Beat Bobrisky Anywhere They Meet As They Fight Dirty Over Fulfilling Erica’s Promise Nice one
- on APC Finally Speaks On Reports Of Oshiomhole’s Expulsion From Party Remove him now and I advice him to go to village and start up farming…